-->

Welcome to MakeupTalk

Sign In  Log in with Facebook

Create Account
Welcome to MakeupTalk, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be apart of MakeupTalk by signing in or creating an account.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.

Guest Message by DevFuse

Sponsor

Recent Images In This Topic/Thread

No Images in this topic
Photo

What should I do with my crazy disproportionate eyebrows? [pic]

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#Post 1 of 6 OFFLINE   Mystery

Mystery

Trainee

• Members
  • Pip
  • 14 posts
  • Joined 25-December 11

Posted 28 December 2011 - 11:31 AM

As you can see in the picture above, one of my eyebrows is lower and smaller, and has less hair than the other. Its strange because it wasn't like this a few years back. People have noticed and asked me why one of my eyebrows is literally smaller than the other. I am even more bothered that its lower than the other [or the other is higher, however you see it].

Please help me. I completely give up looking for a way to fix it myself. I tried fixing it through shaving, plucking, waxing, eyebrow liners and powders...

I apologize if this is the wrong area to post this question.

#Post 2 of 6 OFFLINE   Firefox7275

Firefox7275

Novice

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 179 posts
  • Joined 02-October 11

Posted 29 December 2011 - 03:02 PM

Don't get too freaked out, very few of us are evenly balanced on our face or our bodies. Hairdressers are trained to adjust your head angle before they start cutting, those of us who work in physical activity are trained to look for postural imbalances. Get the eyebrow itself threaded by someone who comes highly recommended and is willing to spend plenty of time evening them up; a professional can view you from angles you cannot see yourself from in a mirror.

The height difference is probably due to an imbalance in muscle strength or nerve impulse from left to right. You can have that addressed by a good Botox injector, doing facial exercises or using a handheld machine which electrically stimulates the facial muscles. If this is a new issue you might think about why you might be working one side more than the other - is it a particular facial expression, the way you are seated at work or at home in front of the television? Have you had your vision tested recently? Can you control your muscles the same on both sides - wink with either eye, lift each eyebrow independently?

#Post 3 of 6 OFFLINE   lolaB

lolaB

Aficionado

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,526 posts
  • Joined 25-May 08

Posted 29 December 2011 - 03:51 PM

Most eyebrows are cousins...siblings if you're lucky. You could get them professionally done and then just maintain.

#Post 4 of 6 OFFLINE   divadoll

divadoll

Compulsive

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,791 posts
  • Joined 03-May 10

Posted 29 December 2011 - 06:55 PM

That's what brow liner is for.  Pluck the parts that stick out and fill the parts that are missing :)

An appeaser is one who feeds a crocodile, hoping it will eat him last. - Winston Churchill

#Post 5 of 6 OFFLINE   katana

katana

Aficionado

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,808 posts
  • Joined 27-February 07

Posted 30 December 2011 - 01:39 AM

Many womens brows don't sit exactly evenly on both sides, plucking tweezing, waxing, threading and eyebrow makeup help to correct that or at least give the illusion of them being equal.

Since you can't get your one eyebrow to raise higher, it would be best to adjust the higher one to match the lower one, by tweezing it. Don't fret about it too much as I am sure it is noticable only to you.

The size difference or thickness in your brows may be noticed by others, but you can easily fix that by reshaping your brows and filling the less thick one with pencil or powder.

@LolaB - "Most eyebrows are cousins, siblings if your lucky" Hahaha, that made me laugh, I like that description.

#Post 6 of 6 OFFLINE   khoobsurati

khoobsurati

Novice

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 72 posts
  • Joined 22-December 11

Posted 30 December 2011 - 01:40 AM

I think you should try for eyebrow threading. It is the safest and the best way to shape up your eyebrows. The professional will shape up both of your eyebrows is such a way that they look almost similar to each other and in perfect proportion.