-->

Welcome to MakeupTalk

Sign In  Log in with Facebook

Create Account
Welcome to MakeupTalk, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be apart of MakeupTalk by signing in or creating an account.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.

Guest Message by DevFuse

Sponsor

Recent Images In This Topic/Thread

No Images in this topic
Photo

Concealer for dark under eyes. Nothing works for me :(

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#Post 1 of 3 OFFLINE   Porcelain13

Porcelain13

Trainee

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
  • Joined 01-January 12
Reviews

Posted 01 January 2012 - 05:08 PM

Hi. I've got brownish dark circles which look horrific on my pale NW15 skin. There's not one concealer I've tried that works. It either makes it look green/blue/grey or doesn't cover it at all. Would layering different products help? Can anyone recommend some products for me? Thanks x

These were the results with what I tried;
YSL touche eclat - made it look ashy/grey
Benefit it stick made it look green

Laura Mercier Secret camouflage 2 - was ok but dried my skin & made me look old :(
Lancome Teint Miracle - made it look blue
Mac Select Moisturecover - looked grey
No7 Radiance Concealer - made it look olive green

Elizabeth Arden - Ceramide Concealer not much difference/way too thin

Max Factor Mastertouch Concealer fair - awful

#Post 2 of 3 OFFLINE   alice blue

alice blue

Devotee

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 200 posts
  • Joined 04-December 11
Reviews

Posted 01 January 2012 - 06:55 PM

When I started using primers, it seemed that my circles were lightened permanently. I like Ooh La Lift, That Gal, Too Faced Shadow Insurance, and Primed & Poreless. I have allergies, so I always had a heroin chic look, the primers worked wonders (I guess they work as skin care, not just as makeup). I don't layer them, that just seems to cause creases. I think my favorite is Ooh La Lift, I'm still using one of the tiny samples, I haven't bought the full-size yet. Concealers are supposed to be applied over foundations, so that might help, if you haven't tried it that way. Good luck. 

#Post 3 of 3 OFFLINE   thebombshellxx

thebombshellxx

Novice

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 60 posts
  • Joined 10-August 11
Reviews

Posted 02 January 2012 - 04:20 AM

Hey there, I have really dark circles as well and I found that using a corrector and then a concealer works. 

What colour your under eye circles are actually determines what colour corrector will work the best for you.

I heard really great things about the Bobbi Brown correctors & concealers so maybe hit up Sephora and play around with it or ask one of the people who work there to assist you.

Hope this helps :)