Incredibly Decadent Desserts!

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
So my New Year's Resolution is to get my butt back into the kitchen. I generally dislike cooking but I love baking so I pulled out the 1000 page cookie cookbook and decided to make a cookie a month. And I'm not talking chocolate chip or peanut butter cookies, I'm talking artisan type cookies.

January's cookie is a Raspberry Rosewater Shortbread: here is a pic from the book:

I didn't have a fluted cookie cutter or mini roses so I left those out. Here is my version:

Not as decorative but OMG good! 
18.gif

Originally Posted by divadoll /img/forum/go_quote.gif

It looks awesome!  How did it taste?

It's divine! The cookie is lightly crunchy with a butter undertone, the filling is heavy cream whipped with confectioner's sugar and a dash of rosewater add some fresh raspberries and a dusting of confectioner's sugar and voila!

REALLY rich but this will be a favorite to take to parties.

it looks like it wouldn't even make it to a party :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />   Then other people would know how good it is... I don't like sharing.

Originally Posted by divadoll /img/forum/go_quote.gif

it looks like it wouldn't even make it to a party :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />   Then other people would know how good it is... I don't like sharing.
LOL

I can't cook or bake to save my life so basic stuff impresses me.  But this...WOW!

I've been lax in my baking but I've been cooking up a storm. However today's decadent dessert will be balsamic chocolate truffles. I've already whipped up the chocolate and let it cool in the fridge. Now I jsut need it to come back to room temperature so I can form the balls and roll it around in the cocoa.

Can't wait for them to make their debut at the party tonight!

Wow! That cookie looks delish!!! How did the balsamic chocolate truffles turn out? Did u take pics?

Yummy!!! To both desserts! I need to start baking and stuff more often. Love love love sweets and treats...I would take whatever you wanted to send my way lol!

Latest posts

Back