New Beauty Test Tube vs the QVC version

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Just to clarify the difference between the two tubes. Both versions come with the magazine.

New Beauty Test Tube
Price: $29.95 + $8.95 shipping = $38.90 New Beauty Test Tube for QVC
Price: $29.96 + $6.97 shipping (+ tax if applicable) = $36.93 (+ tax if applicable) Macadamia Natural Oil and Deep Repair Masque (Get Hooked Pack)
1 oz / 30 mL each philosophy field of flowers bath and shower cream and body lotion
1 fl. oz. each Miracle Skin Transformer SPF20 Face
0.16 oz Nick Chavez Traditions Yucca Shampooing Cream
2 fl. oz Chella Anti-Fatigue Eye Mask Kit First Aid Beauty Ultra Repair Cream
2 oz. Immunocologie Treatment Cream VenoMAX
.5 oz / 15 mL Mally Beauty Volumizing Single Mascara
0.39 oz. Dr. Brandt Microdermabrasion Exfoliating Face Cream
0.25 fl. oz. / 7.5 mL Calista Tools Achieve 10 Styling Cream with Argan Oil
2 oz. Lumene Sensitive Touch 5 min SOS Cream
0.14 fl. oz / 4 mL Kate Someville ExoliKate Intensive Exfoliating Treatment
0.5 fl. oz. Mirai Purifying Body Serum*
150 mL / 5 fl. oz. Ole Henriken Truth Serum
0.05 fl. oz GlyMed Intense Peptide Skin Recovery Complex
.125 fl. oz / 3.69 mL tarte Aqua-Gel Eyeliner
0.003 oz Spalook $50 gift card Spalook card?? * Note: There were three different full size Mirai products sent out, I received the serum. Other boxes may have contained either the Miraiâ„¢ Purifying Body Wash, or the Cooling Body Spritzer.

The tube that came directly from New Beauty focused primarily this quarter on skincare products (with one haircare product) while the tube from QVC looks to be a mix of products ranging from cosmetics (Mally and tarte) to skincare products (with items like philosophy, First Aid Beauty, Ole Henriken and other items) to hair care (Calista Tools and Nick Chavez).

Which do I like more? I don't know yet. I just placed my order for the QVC auto-delivery version. :D /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> Once it comes I'll do my mini-review on it and do a better comparison between the two boxes. Let's hope it DOESN'T come on a weekend because my last QVC box (which would have been my first) was mis-delivered and I ended up with a refund because the substitute postman lost it. -_- /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

New Beauty Test Tube
A223845 New Beauty 9-Piece Test Tube with Magazine Limited Edition ($29.96 + $6.97 shipping)
A224137 A-D New Beauty Test Tube with Magazine Ltd. Ed.Auto-Delivery ($29.96 + $6.97 shipping)

Online, auto-delivery. Looks like they "sold out" again which is odd. Wonder if they didn't meant for it to go live yet.

That's weird. It was up this morning. Like I said before, wonder if they didn't mean for it to go live yet.

I want this so badly, but hubby says no! I love Ole Henriksen products! Maybe if I drop my other 3 sub services...hubbys just dont understand a woman's need for this kind of stuff!

I got my qvc test tube in the mail yesterday and I already started using some of the products! I like this one so much more than the one that came directly from test tube. I like and plan on using almost Everything in my qvc tube while I only liked/could use a few in the regular one. In fact I might cancel my test tube and stick with the qvc's version!

So I found the testtubes while searching for one of the products inside them :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> The new auto delivery number is A225195 and the single one is A221409
Or at least I hope i found the right ones :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> they have all the same products, but i was wary buying them with different numbers
hopefully i end up with the same one :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> its estimated delivery is Jan 24th.

Any helpful infor would be appreciated

I think I prefer the QVC by a long shot.  There are more products that I will use and there were 2 products that I've been wanting to try for a long time - the Truth Serum and the Exfoilikate.  I'm usually not big on hair products, but it makes sense to include 1-2 when you're running a sample service that has 7-8 items.  None of the hair stuff really excited me.  I'll prob use it (most likely trade it lol).  I'm pretty set on my hair products - it'd be hard to knock down my current products from HG status.  

I like that you get more make up products from QVC too.  The biggest complaint about all the curated/sub boxes is that you don't get much in the way of make-up.  The anti aging business is booming so those are the samples that get provided most.  Even though I have a mascara I really like, I'll try the mally and I'm happy with the liner too.  

I will say that I LOVE the Venomax from the regular Test Tube.  I would have never in a million years thought to try that b/c of the insanely steep price of the full size product.  But I really really like this stuff, it works for me really well.  As a matter of fact, if any of you don't want yours, I'd be happy to buy it from you or trade for it.   :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Yeah I already cancelled my regular beauty test tube and switched to the qvc one. I absolute Love the truth serum, and I've been using it every night after I exfoliate or cleanse my skin. It's one of my new HG's

I have gotten the regular Test Tube for a year now (so 4 boxes) and I was always underwhelmed. I cancelled it and signed up for the QVC one and I love that much better. I was always getting skin care and hair care in the regular one which I don't really prefer but the QVC one has a nice variety and includes more cosmetics!

I have Auto-deliv on the QVC test tube.  I saw a entry in their QVC forum on how I could get free delivery on my remaining 3 tubes for the year.  I went into My Account, AD orders, Edit and changed the shipping to Free UPS Air Promo Upgrade.  The $6.98 delivery charge vanished.  I had to go in and do that indiv. for each of the test tubes.  But that's $21 savings.  Also, for some bizarre reason it wouldn't work in Chrome, I had to go in thru IE. (Someone else also said it won't work on Firefox)  So, it looks like it works, wose case scenario, I somehow still get billed for shipping, but it's worth a try.

How do you sign up for the next QVC Test Tube? I dont want to get the one that came out in jan and I see no way of signing up unless I wait until the day it comes out? 

Originally Posted by lloronita /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I have Auto-deliv on the QVC test tube.  I saw a entry in their QVC forum on how I could get free delivery on my remaining 3 tubes for the year.  I went into My Account, AD orders, Edit and changed the shipping to Free UPS Air Promo Upgrade.  The $6.98 delivery charge vanished.  I had to go in and do that indiv. for each of the test tubes.  But that's $21 savings.  Also, for some bizarre reason it wouldn't work in Chrome, I had to go in thru IE. (Someone else also said it won't work on Firefox)  So, it looks like it works, wose case scenario, I somehow still get billed for shipping, but it's worth a try.
Thanks! I realllly hope this works. Money is really tight and this would be a huge help!

Originally Posted by lloronita /img/forum/go_quote.gif

WOAH, that is awesome! Worked for me in Chrome. Thanks for sharing!!

sweet!  Thanks for the tip on this.  I really love the test tubes.  I like both of them, but last go around I really liked the QVC one best.  It got me hooked on the Venomax cream. 

Back