Prom dress accessories?

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Okay, so this is my first time going to prom or anything of that nature. So I'm not entirely sure of what I'm doing :p /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> I'm kinda going for that elegant but yet 'look at me!' kind of look. I've already got my dress and my shoes picked out. But I cant figure out what accessories to wear with it. And also, what kind of make up should i wear? Any help, girls?
Oh, and the dress is open back, if that helps :)

Wow! What a gorgeous dress!!! You will look fabulous in it!

I would keep the makeup look in the natural tone range, golds, taupes, nudes.....

As for accesssories I would have a look for diamond like ones, a simple necklace and diamond earrings. Nothing to over the top as the dress is incredible on its own.

If you are unable to find anything with a diamond look then a very simple pearl necklace would work.

(Similar to this)

Seriously though, that dress and shoes are absolutely gorgeous! You will have to post some after pics for us!

Oh, what an amazing dress!

I think you should have discrete jewlery, since the dress is to amazing by itself. Maybe a simple bracelet and diamond earings. 

I would not put on a necklace because of the bling which is already on the dress.

I agree with the comment above about the make up, golds in the eyeshadow would look really nice.

Hope you have a nice prom!

/Sarah

That dress is very pageant (think Miss America pageant). It would lovely with those shoes, a large rhinestone bracelet that matches the rhinestones on the dress and large drop earrings. No necklace because it's too much. If it was a strapless dress then a necklace.

That dress is gorgeous!!  I would wear simple earrings and a matching bracelet.

I hope your prom is amazing! ★

Second the no necklace. Dresses with that kind of neckline don't work with necklaces... 

Back