FOTD January 12. 2012

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I tried out my new eyebrow kit from NYX today.  It's the one with the stencils.  I've really been wanting to reshape my brows but needed some help.  I like the overall shape using the stencil but I feel like I need a darker color powder. This was the darkest one in the kit and I don't feel like it's dark enough.  Also, I think I just need more practice.  But this is the general shape I'd like to get my eyebrows to.  I've included a before and after side by side.  Your comments and suggestions are welcome.  I could really use some help with this.  Thanks!

Eyes:

Wet N Wild Petal Pusher Palette

NYX Slide On Pencil - Brown Perfection

Maybelline The Falsies Mascara - Blackest Black

Cheeks:

ELF Contouring Blush and Bronzer Duo

Stila Kitten

Lips:

Absolute Lip Liner - Plum

Buxom Lipgloss - Amber

i love that purple & the lipcolor. i honestly like your eye brows better in the before picture but they are both nice.

Thanks.  I'm not sure which one I like.  The After I feel makes me look like I had an eyelift, kinda raises the look of my eye.  But it does look unnatural.  The Before is more natural looking but looks a bit droopy to me.  I'd like to have a higher arch.

Hi everyone, 

I'm new here and thought I'd take part in the FOTD :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Here is today's look, just been into town shopping with a friend!

EYES:

Urban Decay Primer Potion in Eden

Urban Decay NAKED palette: Virgin all over the lid, Toasted in the crease and Hustle in the outer corner and onto the bottom lid. I then used creep to line my upperlid.

Rimmel London Exaggerate Waterproof Eye Definer in 261 Noir to line my waterline.

2 coats of Rimmel London 100% Waterproof Mascara

FACE:

Bourjois Healthy Mix Serum in 51.

Maybelline SuperStay 24H Concealer in Light/Beige 2.

MAC Studio Fix in NW20.

NARS Blusher in Orgasm.

LIPS:

Bourjois Effet 3D in 29.

Hope you like!

Sam x

Jeanarick: The after photo is too harsh. I don't think it frames your face well. Definitely the before is my favorite look.

Took a quick snap of my hair and makeup. Figured why not.

Face: L'oreal true match super blendable foundation, Coty airspun loose powder, no-name and cheap blush, amazing cosmetics concealor. 

Eyes: Revlon colorstay liquid liner in black, L'oreal voluminous mascara, maybelline shadow in a white/pearl color, Ulta's purple and black eye shadows, Ardell lashes. 

Lips: Wet n wild lip liner in pink and a revlon lipstick in red. 

Hmmm... I think I like the after pic arch... but I think the brow could be slightly thinner if you know what I mean. I think its dark enough for your skin tone actually. Sometimes a new look just needs time to get used to, just like a new haircut. Sometimes you won't ever really like it. I would suggest trying it again but when you use the stencil only fill in the top portion where you want the arch to happen. That's just my two cents tho lol...

I think I'm the only one who likes the after pic better!!!!! I think it makes you look much more youthful! A secret an MUA friend of mine told me is to use a lighter blonde shade to fill in that overall shape, then take a darker powder or pencil to fill in the middle areas that need it so the edges arent so harsh. 

Originally Posted by jeanarick /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I tried out my new eyebrow kit from NYX today.  It's the one with the stencils.  I've really been wanting to reshape my brows but needed some help.  I like the overall shape using the stencil but I feel like I need a darker color powder. This was the darkest one in the kit and I don't feel like it's dark enough.  Also, I think I just need more practice.  But this is the general shape I'd like to get my eyebrows to.  I've included a before and after side by side.  Your comments and suggestions are welcome.  I could really use some help with this.  Thanks!

Eyes:

Wet N Wild Petal Pusher Palette

NYX Slide On Pencil - Brown Perfection

Maybelline The Falsies Mascara - Blackest Black

Cheeks:

ELF Contouring Blush and Bronzer Duo

Stila Kitten

Lips:

Absolute Lip Liner - Plum

Buxom Lipgloss - Amber

I think they also come in too far on the inner corner and are too-squared off although I know its a popular shape, I think it is just too thick and starts in too far, but other than that I think it looks quite sharp on you.

Sorry, don't wanna jump on or off the band-wagon here just my own humble opinion.

@jean- i'm just a fan of natural brows lol but that's how i like mine. i dont really do anything with them. the 1st pic looks more natural

@johnnie- you are so gorgeous. wow flawless

face: covergirl & olay tone rehab foundation

cheeks: stila illuminating powder & mac mineralize baked blush giggly

eyes: covergirl lineblast24 Hr Black liner

lips: revlon lip butter strawberry shortcake

@Johnie, I'm sorry i somehow missed your post earlier... I dunno how... but you do look stunning! Very Glam!

@Tis, I love your eyes today! I don't really recall you doing eyeliner like this before but I really like it a lot! Again love your hair when its down/half up, and I love the bubblegum pink lips too! 

Meh..why not. Sorry for the crap computer pic..

Face: Mac Studio Fix Fluid NC 42, Hard Candy Concealer in Tan, Revlon Colorstay Pressed Powder in Medium Deep, Wet n Wild Bronzer in Everything Under the Sun

Eyes: Naked Palette - Smog and Buck, Mac Feline Pencil, Maybelline Great Lash BIG

Lips: C.O. Bigelow Rose Salve

I never do my eyebrows...I'm too lazy and everytime I try I look like Ru Paul.

Johnnie, you look just like Angelina Jolie!

here's my FOTD:

Face:
Garnier anti-dark circle eye roller
Cover Girl Trublend foundation in Ivory
Avon Personal Match pressed powder in Porcelain
Maybelline Dream Bouncy blush in Hot Tamale

Eyes:
Meow i-prime
Cover Girl eyeshadow in Mink on lids
Cover Girl eyeshadow in Tapestry Taupe in crease and to softly line eyes
Rimmel Lash Maxxx mascara in Black
Cover Girl Professional clear mascara on brows

Lips:
NYX Mood lip gloss

same face and eye makeup with Revlon Colorburst lip butter in Strawberry Shortcake

@Jean It Takes a LOT Of Practice To Get Your Eyebrows Perfectly Arched, id Know Mine Took MONTHS Before I Got It .But Honestly I Love Your AFTER Eyebrows( & The Before ones tooo of course:)  ) . Im Just Into Filling My Brows More haha. Just Try Thinning The Ends Out a Little More & Making The Arch a Tad More Darker
smile.gif

@slinky- thanks so much chick! :) i haven't done eyeliner all week i figured it would do it today since i had some extra time before work 

@bronw- love the natural look

@fihe-love that blush on you & the first lip color. i was wearing the same revlon lippie as you today lol

@Jeanarick: I think your arch happens too soon in your before and too late in the after. Find the right balance, and I think your brows will frame your face much better.

You girls are AWESOME!!!! Thanks so much for your feedback.  I think I've got the basic concept of what I need to do it's just going to take lots of practice to get it down and I'm going to have to let my brows fill in in certain places so it will look more natural and not drawn on.  Slinky you made some great points about it was too close in toward my nose and a little to thick.  That actually was one of my first impressions as well.  Amber and Makeup, I like your ideas of making the arch darker so it will stand out more and Lola, I agree that I need to work more on the placement of the arch.  I think once my brows fill in a bit and I can shape them it will look more naturally occuring and not so fake.  It's just going to take time and I'm going to have to deal with the drawn on look for a while.  I just really want to reshape my brows.  I haven't liked their shape for a long time.  Thanks again for all your help and feedback.  I knew I could count on you girls to help me get this right!!! 
hug.gif

Back