What do you look for in a makeup company??

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
What are the top 5 attributes( price, quality, customer service...) that you look for when buying from a certain brand (independent, drugstore, luxury)? And is there anything that is not on the market that you would like to see in the coming seasons?

definitely price and quality, and selection. i've sensitive skin so some things cause me problems. but yea quality has to be there otherwise it's not worth it for me to buy the product.

Quality and Customer service! Product itself has to be good, that's the whole point of buying makeup. To me, customer service is more important than price, of course if it's way overpriced I will not look at it twice but it just kills me when companies don't care about their customers. ex. sending wrong products and never replying back to my email telling them so, or package gets lost and they start blame game with fedex while I sit mad for a few months... On the other hand if they really seem to care about each customer (reply to every email promptly, personal notes, good return/refund policy) then I remember them forever.

New products.. hmm.. this is not really anything new, but I would really love to see more pressed e/s and palettes from indep/indie companies, just b/c they are more convenient for on the go (just dying waiting for the Fyrinnae pressed e/s to come out!)

Mostly selection, quality and price, like Bonnie said, but I also look for appeal and availability.

I like cheap and fun!! or old school and $$$ and worth it! umm some examples...I love Fyrinnae for the first and Guerlain for the second.

I'll buy anything that appeals to me, but I'm starting to prefer independent brands.  I like quality for the price, high pigment levels, and cool packaging. I also like it when brands have good sales or offer great samples or gifts with purchase. 

Quality, safe ingredients (I prefer to avoid parabens and harsh chemicals), affordable price.

Quality, pricing and color range. Doesn't matter if they have good prices if there's really nothing to choose from.

Back