How do you apply tinted moisturizer?

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I haven't been using any sort of foundation or tinted moisturizer for very long. I always have troubles making it look like it's not make up and like it's my skin. I switched over from foundation recently, because I really don't need that much coverage and thought tinted moisturizer might be a better option for me. I picked up Sonia Kushuk's tinted moisturizer. I apply it with my fingers. Some times it looks great and others it still looks like I'm wearing makeup. 

How do you apply yours? Any tips?

You may want to try applying it with a stippling brush. You can stipples on some tinted moisturizer wherever you need extra coverage and buff the rest in with circular motions. I find that a stippling brush gives me a light and flawless coverage. Hope this helps!

I use my fingers as well. I extend my palm and squeeze a line across my index, middle, and ring finger then rub it against my other hand's three fingers. Then I stipple it on (using my fingers). One hand = one half of my face.  The amount those fingers hold isn't too much so it's not cakey and I'm not wasting any make-up.

I find it looks much more natural than when I use a brush and/or a sponge. I don't know if it matters, but I use Tarte Smooth Operator, which may or may not be thicker than your own TM.

Hope you find a method that works for you!

the one I have is pretty thick, more like a liquid foundation than a moisturizer. I mix it 1:1 with my regular moisturizer on normal days, and just use my fingers to gently pat it on. if I want a bit more coverage (like under the eyes) I use my concealer brush.

I don't have extremely problematic skin, so I generally stick to tinted moisturizer over foundation because foundation tends to be too heavy and I found the BEST tinted moisturizer the other day. It's by Caudaíe and it's all french, but on the bottle it says "Teint Divin Créme Teintée Tinted Moisturizer. The color I use is "fair to medium" it's the best tinted moisturizer I've found.

I always just use my fingers. I just take a very small amount on my hand. Rub it together because the heat will break it down and make it go on much smoother, so I make sure to rub it together well, then I use my index finger to just place it randomly around my face and rub it in. Don't forget the neck and the ears. People tend to forget those spots :p /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> Also, go all the way into the hair line. It will look more natural and it comes very easily out of your hair :D /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

I use Jane Iredale Dream Tint TM. I squeeze it onto the back of my hand and use my fingers to apply to my face. Then I use Mineral Veil over it. I have some of my best "your skin but better" days with this combo, as long as I don't have any marks on my face I need to conceal.

I use benefit's moisturizer and found it amazing.

the foundation i love and always use is Inglots's one. i never feel like i have makeup on when I use it, and I get load of good comments about it.

Right now ive been giving ELF tinted moisturizer a try and its not that bad and it only cost $3 and one of my favorite is Laura Mercier tinted moisturizer. It gives me a very good coverage and it feels very good on the face. the only thing is that its a bit expensive.

Latest posts

Back