-->

Welcome Guest to MakeupTalk

Welcome to MakeupTalk, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be apart of MakeupTalk by signing in or creating an account.
  • Start new topics and reply to others in our MakeupTalk Forums
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get notification & email updates
  • Get your personal profile page and make new friends in our Community
  • Submit your reviews about Makeup Products and get feedback from other users
  • Send personal messages to other members

Sponsor

Recent Images In This Topic/Thread

No Images in this topic

Sponsors

Become a Forum Sponsor!
Photo

Maybelline FIT me foundation: perfect skin color match, terrible skin TYPE match......

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#Post 1 of 5 OFFLINE   Milkerton

Milkerton

Trainee

• Members
  • Pip
  • 10 posts
  • Joined 15-October 11
Reviews

Posted 07 February 2012 - 01:51 AM

i have VERY fair skin, with a rosey nose and cheeks. it is hard for me to find a foundation light enough for me...and with good enough coverage. i tried out Maybelline's FIT me foundation in the lightest color available. it matches perfectly with my skin color!!!!! but it makes my oily skin wayyyyyy more oily. i didn't even pay attention to whether it was oil free or not when i got it. i just wanted to see if it matched me well.

so i'm wondering if anyone knows of another brand that has a foundation that is light enough for me (like the lightest color in the FIT me line) but oil free. i need medium coverage.

i have used MAC studio fix fluid (NC15) for a long time, thinking it was the lightest one out there that worked for me. but it was still a smidge darker than my neck....so i am still searching.

i don't want to spend more than $25 (MAC is $26.50. well, it was the last time i bought it). any suggestions? thank you!!!!

#Post 2 of 5 OFFLINE   Bonnie Krupa

Bonnie Krupa

Compulsive

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,398 posts
  • Joined 19-April 11
Reviews

Posted 07 February 2012 - 03:18 PM

Have you ever tried the L'oreal true match?  Also are you using primer before you apply your foundation?

#Post 3 of 5 OFFLINE   cursom

cursom

Trainee

• Members
  • Pip
  • 35 posts
  • Joined 18-July 11
Reviews

Posted 07 February 2012 - 09:32 PM

Primer is great. You could try damping a sponge and patting it on, I've heard of others doing this and it seems like it could lighten the oily feel. Mineral veils or matte finishing powders really helped me too. :D

#Post 4 of 5 OFFLINE   americanclassic

americanclassic

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 946 posts
  • Joined 14-August 11
Reviews

Posted 07 February 2012 - 10:39 PM

you could try using a finishing powder to make it more matte

#Post 5 of 5 OFFLINE   13Bluestar97

13Bluestar97

Aficionado

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,309 posts
  • Joined 14-July 11
Reviews

Posted 08 February 2012 - 11:47 AM

I agree with the primer idea. The primer stops the sebum (oil) that your glands naturally produce from ruining the foundation and making your skin oily- if you wanna try, go for Smashbox foundation primer (don't remember the name, but you can find it on their site). I've heard good things about it.