Maybelline FIT me foundation: perfect skin color match, terrible skin TYPE match......

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
i have VERY fair skin, with a rosey nose and cheeks. it is hard for me to find a foundation light enough for me...and with good enough coverage. i tried out Maybelline's FIT me foundation in the lightest color available. it matches perfectly with my skin color!!!!! but it makes my oily skin wayyyyyy more oily. i didn't even pay attention to whether it was oil free or not when i got it. i just wanted to see if it matched me well.

so i'm wondering if anyone knows of another brand that has a foundation that is light enough for me (like the lightest color in the FIT me line) but oil free. i need medium coverage.

i have used MAC studio fix fluid (NC15) for a long time, thinking it was the lightest one out there that worked for me. but it was still a smidge darker than my neck....so i am still searching.

i don't want to spend more than $25 (MAC is $26.50. well, it was the last time i bought it). any suggestions? thank you!!!!

Have you ever tried the L'oreal true match?  Also are you using primer before you apply your foundation?

Primer is great. You could try damping a sponge and patting it on, I've heard of others doing this and it seems like it could lighten the oily feel. Mineral veils or matte finishing powders really helped me too. :D /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

I agree with the primer idea. The primer stops the sebum (oil) that your glands naturally produce from ruining the foundation and making your skin oily- if you wanna try, go for Smashbox foundation primer (don't remember the name, but you can find it on their site). I've heard good things about it.

Latest posts

Back