-->

Welcome to MakeupTalk

Sign In  Log in with Facebook

Create Account
Welcome to MakeupTalk, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be apart of MakeupTalk by signing in or creating an account.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.

Guest Message by DevFuse

Sponsor

Recent Images In This Topic/Thread

No Images in this topic
Photo

Best Foundation

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#Post 1 of 8 OFFLINE   likenothing

likenothing

Trainee

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
  • Joined 08-February 12
Reviews

Posted 08 February 2012 - 04:16 PM

what would be a good foundation for someone who doesn't normally wear makeup. something lightweight that doesn't look like caked on makeup. also, something affordable. thanks!

#Post 2 of 8 OFFLINE   likenothing

likenothing

Trainee

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
  • Joined 08-February 12
Reviews

Posted 08 February 2012 - 04:28 PM

i think i probably posted this in the wrong forum. sorry i'm new at this.

#Post 3 of 8 OFFLINE   malinamartis

malinamartis

Trainee

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts
  • Joined 01-February 12
Reviews

Posted 22 February 2012 - 11:07 PM

I always prefer liquid foundation for my dry skin. Giorgio Armani 'Face Fabric is one of the lightness foundation cream try it.

#Post 4 of 8 OFFLINE   vogueboy

vogueboy

Professional Make-up Artist

• Super Moderators
  • 1,572 posts
  • Joined 23-April 14
Reviews

Posted 16 July 2012 - 04:43 PM

Originally Posted by likenothing View Post

what would be a good foundation for someone who doesn't normally wear makeup. something lightweight that doesn't look like caked on makeup. also, something affordable. thanks!

There are a hundred brands out there that have what you're looking for, it's just a matter of finding out which one is right for you and how it feels on you. To narrow down your search a bit, I suggest going to a department store's cosmetic department and browse through the brands and maybe book a consult, you'll find what you're looking for.

Wanna post like a Boss? This is how we roll... 

http://www.makeuptal...erms-of-service

;)

#Post 5 of 8 OFFLINE   misslexyr

misslexyr

Lexy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,125 posts
  • Joined 07-June 12
Reviews

Posted 16 July 2012 - 05:10 PM

I really like hello flawless oxygen wow from benefit as a liquid foundation and as a powder bare minerals foundation. If you are not someone who likes to wear foundation or much makeup at all, I would suggest a tinted moisturizer. It wont give you much coverage, but it wont feel cakey.

Actually, the cakey thing is when people over apply their makeup. I would suggest the hello flawless for you because its really lightweight, but then again its a preference thing. I would suggest going to somewhere like sephora to help you find one. but if you are looking for a little coverage, go with a tinted moisturizer or a bb cream.

#Post 6 of 8 OFFLINE   tyari

tyari

Aficionado

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,636 posts
  • Joined 20-March 08
Reviews

Posted 21 July 2012 - 01:27 PM

I use a TM and a mineral powder. My TM is MAC Studio Moisture Tint and the mineral powder I use is by ELF. You can always spray your makeup with something like MAC Fix+ so that it won't be cakey.

#Post 7 of 8 OFFLINE   AislingMurray

AislingMurray

Trainee

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
  • Joined 30-October 12
Reviews

Posted 30 October 2012 - 08:47 AM

Rimmel "Wake me up" foundation is brilliant :)

#Post 8 of 8 OFFLINE   sweetiegirlll

sweetiegirlll

Buff

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 522 posts
  • Joined 06-December 11
Reviews

Posted 30 October 2012 - 09:55 AM

I'd try a BB cream.  They give sheer coverage and provide benefits like sunscreen and anti-aging properties so you will get into the routine of putting it on in the morning and also get the benefit of skin that looks like yours but just a little bit better.  They usually blend in to a variety of shades of skin and you can buy them at the drugstore for not too much money.  Way before the BB cream talk, I always used a tinted moisturizer with SPF 20, anti-aging retinols and a slight tint from Neutrogena.  I still use it in rotation with my other foundations, I like to play around with different formulas.  Here's the info on the Neutrogena one, it's called Healthy Skin Enhancer, I buy it at Target and it's $10.49 and you can find it on sale or get a coupon for it occasionally too.

Healthy Skin Enhancer is an alternative to foundation that provides everything you need for softer, healthier and younger-looking skin in one beautiful step.

This dermatologist-developed formula contains a vitamin-rich Retinol treatment to visibly smooth fine lines and reduce signs of aging. It nourishes skin and protects against future sun damage with a weightless SPF 20 moisturizer. Each skin-enhancing shade provides a sheer tint of color for a more even, naturally beautiful look.

Hope this helps!