Beauty Box 5

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Makeup Talk member Ahkae found another new subscription company called Beauty Box 5. Like other subscription companies this one is a monthly subscription service that you can subscribe to monthly for $12 a month, quarterly for $30 or for $100 for 12 months. There is a promo code for the 2nd month's box to be free - BOGO5.

From their Facebook.

Love beauty products? Beautybox 5 has you covered!

What's Beauty Box 5? BBX5 is glamorous package delivered monthly to your door with 4-5 samples of your favorite beauty brands.

Want the know-how? We'll help you get the most out of your samples with the latest tips & tricks of the trade!
Want the products? We'll show you exactly where to get them!

Now you have something to look forward to! Make it a gift or treat yourself with our Beauty Box. Scheduled to debut in January 2012. Learn more about BBX5 and how you can sign up for free to get these great samples.
I've checked it out (briefly) and it's a cute site BUT there is no indication what brands they will be working with - high end or drugstore or independents. The ONLY thing they've posted about what will be sent in their first boxes (ships on the 15th) is the Smith's Rosebud Salve by Rosebud Perfume Co. which retails for $6 on Sephora.

I decided to check their site out and their site was registered by a bulk registration company with no indication on who owns the company. The ONLY contact info listed on their website is one email address. No indication as to where they're located at, I've been told they're in Texas. On their Facebook they do have listed an 800 # and another phone # with the area code in Texas.

I might sign up with them and use the promo code - two boxes for $12 isn't bad and then go from there. Did anyone from here subscribe?

I might, I'm a little hesitant though with a company that isn't transparent.

I might subscribe to this because it's only $12 for 2 months. It looks a little bit sketchy though since a lot of things I read about it are from coupon and deal websites.

I'm a little gunshy right now. Not just with the transparency thing, but also with how My Platinum Box turned out. 

I asked them and according to them those who want to sign up have until the 14th to sign up for this month's box. I'm considering it just to give you guys my point of view.

I really want to try this out before I get off the birchbox waiting list.  But i'm also hesitant, not as much for wasting my money if it's not a great box but more for having something go wrong (or something shady go on) with my credit card.  Is this a possibility?  If that happens I guess I could always call my bank and tell them to cancel the transactions...if it really is some kind of scam. 

I'm new to these subscriptions so I'm not actually sure what's more likely in this case if it's not a great compay, a bad box or some kind of CC problems. Any thoughts from the more experienced subscribers?

Originally Posted by zadidoll /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I asked them and according to them those who want to sign up have until the 14th to sign up for this month's box. I'm considering it just to give you guys my point of view.

Does it seem strange that they give until the day before they ship the boxes?  Their facebook has over 3000 likes...which makes me wonder how they're going to get enough boxes for a new company...

This is the first one that's come up that I've felt hesitant about. Not sure what it is, but their website is making me nervous to put my credit card info in

But I signed up for it with a prepaid visa, I'm not worried about losing 12 dollars, so I guess here goes!

I'm glad you guys are trying it out!  I'm excited to see how an Austin based company does.  If it turns out well I'll definitely sign up.

Originally Posted by javagirl87 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I'm glad you guys are trying it out!  I'm excited to see how an Austin based company does.  If it turns out well I'll definitely sign up.

How do you know its Austin based?

Originally Posted by javagirl87 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

When I was looking for information on them I came across a bunch of launch/press release articles that said it.  Strangely though all the articles were the exact same...just on different sites...but that's a whole other question haha.

http://www.24-7pressrelease.com/press-release/beauty-box-5-launches-connecting-consumers-to-top-beauty-brands-260295.php
Well that's what a press release is. :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> They send it out. 

My monthly subs are getting out of control, lol. I'm gonna have to cut back...I really hope one disappoints me because so far I just really like getting cute boxes of fun products in the mail.

Originally Posted by Playedinloops /img/forum/go_quote.gif

My monthly subs are getting out of control, lol. I'm gonna have to cut back...I really hope one disappoints me because so far I just really like getting cute boxes of fun products in the mail.
LOL I know that feeling! I'm willing to try them all out (mostly) this month since I had a large income tax return. Then I can start canceling for next month. So it literally comes down to making a decision off of one box, which I hate doing. Not enough data!

My biggest thing is that I don't want to miss out on an awesome intro box, lol. I missed the first myglam bag, and I don't want to do that again, lol. I decided to buy a year sub to birchbox so I don't have to count it in my monthly budget. :p 

My biggest thing is that I don't want to miss out on an awesome intro box, lol. I missed the first myglam bag, and I don't want to do that again, lol. I decided to buy a year sub to birchbox so I don't have to count it in my monthly budget. :p 
I thought about that but I couldn't do it. Not yet. I've only had one box and while I loved it, I wanted to give it one more month. So far Birchbox is my #1 and I really don't see it moving anywhere. I haven't found a second favorite yet so MyGlam, Beauty Army, Sample Society, Look Bag and Beauty Bag will have to duke it out. From there I'll determine my #3.

After that, the rest will get cut to try out other sub programs I want to check out, if any.

I agree, that's what I'm afraid of too.  But then again...who wants to be subscribed to one that only has a really really great first box and then goes downhill?  Or is it that the intro boxes tend to be the best ones no matter what?  I haven't gotten any so i'm not sure.

Even if that is the case though It seems like it's pretty easy to unsubscribe, so maybe it is worth to sign up just for the beginning boxes! I hope they keep this BOGO offer for another month...but I doubt they will.  Here's to hoping!

Latest posts

Back