-->

Welcome to MakeupTalk

Sign In  Log in with Facebook

Create Account
Welcome to MakeupTalk, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be apart of MakeupTalk by signing in or creating an account.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.

Guest Message by DevFuse

Sponsor

The Return of the MakeupTalk Product Review Center! read more...

Recent Images In This Topic/Thread

No Images in this topic
Photo

Eyebrows wont grow back!

• Please log in to reply
16 replies to this topic

#Post 1 of 17 OFFLINE   MarshB

MarshB

Trainee

• Members
  • Pip
  • 29 posts
  • Joined 26-February 12
Reviews

Posted 29 February 2012 - 03:15 AM

Hi,

My eyebrows were shaved like 5 years ago by a salon artists. But she shaved it wrong. It is so thin and short and I don't like it, it's been 5 years and it wont grow back so I could fix its shape. I dont like shaping my eye brows with eyebrow liners.  I want it shaped naturally..

Anyone who has the same problem? Any suggestion on what I could use to make it grow back? Hair growers maybe? 

#Post 2 of 17 OFFLINE   Dragonfly

Dragonfly

Fanatic

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,525 posts
  • Joined 24-May 06
Reviews

Posted 29 February 2012 - 10:08 AM

You'd have to research but I heard that Rogaine and/or other products used to grow hair, can also be used to grow eyebrows.

#Post 3 of 17 OFFLINE   Normaisggz

Normaisggz

Trainee

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
  • Joined 29-February 12
Reviews

Posted 29 February 2012 - 05:37 PM

same problem with me i use Lattisse now and its been working for me . 

#Post 4 of 17 OFFLINE   Andrea Martin

Andrea Martin

Trainee

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
  • Joined 05-January 12
Reviews

Posted 29 February 2012 - 06:12 PM

How long have you been using lattisse?

#Post 5 of 17 OFFLINE   maryjane1

maryjane1

Trainee

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
  • Joined 11-February 12
Reviews

Posted 29 February 2012 - 06:36 PM

I've tried everything, I have the same problem.

#Post 6 of 17 ONLINE   zadidoll

zadidoll

Queen of the Vampire Cats

• Community Manager
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,538 posts
  • Joined 26-February 11
Reviews

Posted 29 February 2012 - 08:35 PM

Your brows should have grown back by now. If not then there potentially is an underlying health problem. I do mean potentially not that there is. Have you seen a doctor to rule out problems with your thyroid? You could try OTC lash products on the areas you want. I do NOT recommend Lattise - you need a prescription any ways - and don't buy a generic from out of the country. It's actually ILLEGAL to import prescription medication AND you don't know if what you're buying is real or not (FDA is actually cracking down on imported medication by mail).

Zadidoll: Beauty blogger

BlogTwitterFacebookInstagram

Ginger, Smokey & Company

#Post 7 of 17 OFFLINE   Monica Silva

Monica Silva

Trainee

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
  • Joined 21-January 12
Reviews

Posted 29 February 2012 - 09:25 PM

I have no eye brows for year after too much plucking so I decided to have them tattooed on and the person that did it said to try taking vitamins for hair n nails called Biotin and let me tell you it worked wonders I now have beautiful eyebrows like I never had before.

#Post 8 of 17 OFFLINE   MarshB

MarshB

Trainee

• Members
  • Pip
  • 29 posts
  • Joined 26-February 12
Reviews

Posted 29 February 2012 - 09:29 PM

Originally Posted by Monica Silva View Post

I have no eye brows for year after too much plucking so I decided to have them tattooed on and the person that did it said to try taking vitamins for hair n nails called Biotin and let me tell you it worked wonders I now have beautiful eyebrows like I never had before.

Good for you.. I'd better look for those vitamins, might help me too.. Thanks!

#Post 9 of 17 OFFLINE   MarshB

MarshB

Trainee

• Members
  • Pip
  • 29 posts
  • Joined 26-February 12
Reviews

Posted 29 February 2012 - 09:32 PM

Originally Posted by zadidoll View Post

Your brows should have grown back by now. If not then there potentially is an underlying health problem. I do mean potentially not that there is. Have you seen a doctor to rule out problems with your thyroid? You could try OTC lash products on the areas you want. I do NOT recommend Lattise - you need a prescription any ways - and don't buy a generic from out of the country. It's actually ILLEGAL to import prescription medication AND you don't know if what you're buying is real or not (FDA is actually cracking down on imported medication by mail).

You're right. I should have consulted a doctor that might help me identify what's the problem.. I have a lot of hair problems, hair falls everyday, if I comb or wash my hair, now my eyebrows wont grow on their end part so I can't shape it. My mom have thyroid problems and my sister too, but I do not have that same problem.. maybe? Yikes! better have a check-up..

#Post 10 of 17 OFFLINE   MarshB

MarshB

Trainee

• Members
  • Pip
  • 29 posts
  • Joined 26-February 12
Reviews

Posted 29 February 2012 - 09:34 PM

Originally Posted by Dragonfly View Post

You'd have to research but I heard that Rogaine and/or other products used to grow hair, can also be used to grow eyebrows.

Lemme search about those, I am not familiar with Rogaine, and I do now know what it is.. I'll give it all a try..

#Post 11 of 17 OFFLINE   MarshB

MarshB

Trainee

• Members
  • Pip
  • 29 posts
  • Joined 26-February 12
Reviews

Posted 29 February 2012 - 09:35 PM

Originally Posted by maryjane1 View Post

I've tried everything, I have the same problem.

a very sad thing for both of us

#Post 12 of 17 ONLINE   zadidoll

zadidoll

Queen of the Vampire Cats

• Community Manager
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,538 posts
  • Joined 26-February 11
Reviews

Posted 01 March 2012 - 01:50 AM

Originally Posted by MarshB View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by zadidoll View Post

You're right. I should have consulted a doctor that might help me identify what's the problem.. I have a lot of hair problems, hair falls everyday, if I comb or wash my hair, now my eyebrows wont grow on their end part so I can't shape it. My mom have thyroid problems and my sister too, but I do not have that same problem.. maybe? Yikes! better have a check-up..

Definitely get it checked out. I know if the thyroid is overactive you get too much hair and under-active you can lose hair or it won't grow back quickly. A simple blood test can rule thyroid out one way or another but in some cases thyroid problems are genetic. My mother-in-law has a thyroid problem and so does my husband as do several members of my MIL side of the family including her mother, aunt and sister.

Zadidoll: Beauty blogger

BlogTwitterFacebookInstagram

Ginger, Smokey & Company

#Post 13 of 17 OFFLINE   maryjane1

maryjane1

Trainee

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
  • Joined 11-February 12
Reviews

Posted 01 March 2012 - 06:42 AM

mine are just thinner than I would like. 

#Post 14 of 17 OFFLINE   BeautyxFiend

BeautyxFiend

Trainee

• Members
  • Pip
  • 24 posts
  • Joined 03-December 11
Reviews

Posted 01 March 2012 - 10:14 AM

I have the same problem. I over plucked my eyebrows so much in my early teens that now they just wont grow. I haven't plucked my eyebrows besides in the middle of my brows in about 3 years and they just wont grow. I hate filling them in now. I've been taking hair, skin and nail vitamins but it's not doing anything for my eyebrows. :[

#Post 15 of 17 OFFLINE   Beauty2Makeup

Beauty2Makeup

Trainee

• Members
  • Pip
  • 26 posts
  • Joined 13-May 11
Reviews

Posted 01 March 2012 - 07:52 PM

Originally Posted by Monica Silva View Post

I'd like to try the Biotin but I'm wondering if it stimulates hair growth everywhere like arms and facial hair areas. I wouldn't want that. Monica did you notice a difference in those areas?

#Post 16 of 17 OFFLINE   sara145wilson

sara145wilson

Novice

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 104 posts
  • Joined 08-August 11
Reviews

Posted 02 March 2012 - 04:57 AM

You can try some eyebrow growth products, simulators and can use natural remedies for growing your eyebrows.

#Post 17 of 17 OFFLINE   MarshB

MarshB

Trainee

• Members
  • Pip
  • 29 posts
  • Joined 26-February 12
Reviews

Posted 03 March 2012 - 02:55 AM

Originally Posted by sara145wilson View Post

You can try some eyebrow growth products, simulators and can use natural remedies for growing your eyebrows.

I'll try look some, I just wanna make sure that I've got the right products.. Sometimes products have the opposite effect for me.. I think I'll do the check up first and ask for any possible solutions.