Beauty Army - March

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Well it is officially March! Hope you all enjoyed the leap day! But now Im ready to pick some samples!

I know! I see it's getting ready to but no samples yet to pick! DYING!

I remember I didn't get to pick my Feb samples until way later in the day, so Im assuming the same thing will be true. But either way I still have been refreshing my samples page over and over. 

i need to get a life. 

The only thing concerning me is they haven't taken payment yet(it's not showing in my account-it's always showed as pending) and on my account on the website it says next selection period is next month. I emailed.  Hopefully it's just a fluke in the system.

Well Im able to pick my samples, all skincare, and many repeats :-/

I tried retaking my survey twice and only got two different products. And I already have two of the samples listed that keep showing, so Im kind of annoyed. And half of the selections are moisturizers of some form or another!

Im not interested in trying anything other than the MAD Skincare Redness Rescue, which I bet MAD would send me free if I contacted them.

Im tempted to cancel :-/

Originally Posted by Steffi /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Okay, they sent a selection email, but I've taken the quiz a number of times and..meh.  NO makeup products are popping up aside from that boo-boo coverup.

Same with me.  I did my profile with only make up selected, with makeup nails and hair selected, and a few other ways.  I still ended up with a lot of anti-aging skincare.  I most prefer make up but was hoping for makeup or maybe a haircare item. 

I did my beauty profile like 10 times.. One or two things changed. I only clicked makeup on a few of them. I already had samples from the brands they had from other sub boxes... The only thing I am excited about is the Cover FX  primer.

I was looking forward to some make up as well but couldn't get any to pop. Glad it wasn't just me. This is my selection for this month.

​
 ​
 ​
CellCeuticals PhotoDefense SPF 55+​
Lift Lab Lift & Firm Eye Cream​
Freeman Beauty Pssssst Instant Dry Shampoo​
Weleda Iris Hydrating Day Cream​
Babor Argan Cream​
Cover FX EyePrep FX​

Pancua, the Argan creme is awesome. I got it in my box that shipped mid-Feb.  It smells amazing and makes my skin so soft!

I also retook my quiz about 6 times and got the same thing everytime. I have oily skin so besides the body lotion and the Cover FX eye prep, it's all going to my grandma who will absolutely love all the little goodies! Just realized that the Summer Secret lotion is a self-tanner, I'm dark enough so IDK what I'm gonna do with that! Here's what I chose:

Sun FX Summer's Secret - tanning body lotion

Indie Lee Squalane Facial Oil

Weleda Iris Hydrating Facial Lotion

Befine Night Cream

Barbor Argan Cream

Cover FX Eye Prep

same here... retook my profile about 10 times, with same results... lots of skincare products, no makeup.  Since this is one of my higher monthly subs, thinking of letting it go and keeping the boxes that are more varied with hair, beauty and makeup, like The Look Bag.  This choosing seems like a work-out to me... just another "have-to" do...lol

I was going to open my second beauty army account today (lol, addicted) but I'm going to try and wait. They said they were receiving "freight" from fedex (aka a huge shipment) the other day on facebook. I'm assuming they will have new samples up shortly. 

maybe I should cancel this account and reopen one later in the month. It would be nice to have a subscription service halfway through so the first half isn't so crazy on my wallet. 

i did post on their wall how disappointed I was and a few others commented on our same gripes, im interested to see their response.

I'm willing to let this one slide since I am supposed to get a bunch of make up from Sindulge. And this has items I can use on the cruise. So hopefully my gamble pays off. :D /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Originally Posted by Pancua /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I'm willing to let this one slide since I am supposed to get a bunch of make up from Sindulge. And this has items I can use on the cruise. So hopefully my gamble pays off. :D /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

haha, I do always have my realy beauty army account where I pick on the 16th...Maybe I will just place this one now. 

Sadly a little disappointed with the selection as well. :/ Here's to hoping their new company collabs pay off eventually..

I do feel like I should cancel and then resub next month if the selection is better but half of me says not to.

EDIT: Okay, just picked my samples.

I have such mixed feelings on this right now. Part of me is happy they keep some old samples because I really did want to try them so now I'm getting to, but the other part of me wishes they would get new stuff. Exciting stuff.

Boo-Boo Cover Up

Sun FX Body Wash

Indie Lee Facial Oil

Weleda Iris Lotion

Babor Argan Cream

Cover FX Eye Prep

I'm excited about the cover up and eye prep.

Quote: Originally Posted by Playedinloops /img/forum/go_quote.gif

haha, I do always have my realy beauty army account where I pick on the 16th...Maybe I will just place this one now. 

That would get you a box every two weeks! :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Originally Posted by Pancua /img/forum/go_quote.gif

That would get you a box every two weeks! :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Exactly  
smilehappyyes.gif

I've got some new things to come up....a babor cleansing duo I had never seen before. I really want the babor argan cream though, lol, so I keep retaking it. 

Latest posts

Back