Temptalia's STASH!!

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
So, yesterday she posted a vid of her stash and how she keeps it organized... check it out:

From Temptalia's Blog:

Temptalia’s Beauty Closet – Storage & Organization Tips & Tricks There is really no post/video that is requested more than to see my “collection.† I really don’t think of it as a collection so much as the Temptalia Archives or the Temptalia Beauty Closet.  If I’m buying makeup, the first question I ask is, “Do readers want to see this reviewed?† It’s only a rare occasion that I will buy a product with no thought about whether it’s something that makes sense for the blog–I prefer to dedicate as much time as possible to testing products for reviews (and there is never enough time!!).

I do personally enjoy looking at how other people organize their makeup, especially as it grows in quantity and becomes unwieldy, so I hope that you’ll find some storage and organization solutions that are helpful.  I’ve been using this system for two years or so, and I can’t see myself drastically changing it any more.  It’s what I always wanted: a flexible, expandable system that looks good but doesn’t have everything on display so it can look clean and contained.  The first seven minutes are all disclosures/disclaimers (reiterated below in text) just so I’m clear and cover all the bases
icon_smile.gif

The “fine print†as it were: some products I have purchased, some products were received as product samples. I disclose whether it was received or purchased in individual reviews. This is definitely not your usual “collection,†as I am a beauty blogger, and I review 3-4 products per day, sometimes as many as 30 in a day (hello, MAC collections!).
icon_smile.gif
I do donate to a local legal aid organization that provides free/low-cost legal services to victims of domestic violence.

Products mentioned:
  • Besta Shelf Unit ($130.00)
  • Inreda Drawer without Front 23 5/8×2 3/4×15 3/4″ ($10.00)
  • Besta Tofta Drawer Front 23 5/8×6 1/4″ ($15.00)
  • Expedit Shelving Unit ($69.99)
  • Helmer ($39.99)
  • Linus Shallow Drawer Organizers ($2.99-$6.99)
  • Linus Deep Drawer Organizers ($3.49-$6.49)
  • Our Clear Storage Boxes ($1.69-$21.99)

Check out the vid on her blog page here.

I don't think you are supposed to copy and paste someone's content like that. JMO.

I saw some of the video, but didn't watch the whole thing. I am not usually curious about collections. I might look at pictures, but I get bored with collection videos pretty quick lol. I must be one of the only people, since they are so highly requested (and not just from Temptalia).

I would be waaay overwhelmed if I had that collection. I'm guessing she probably really only uses a handful of products on a regular basis?

What do you even do with all of that? Holy Moly.... I mean, yeah, it's awesome and I know she gets so much for free/to review.. but why not give it away or something?

Originally Posted by internetchick /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I don't think you are supposed to copy and paste someone's content like that. JMO.
Gotcha... I referenced all my material and hyperlinked her content.  Not taking any credit for myself or MUT.  Just sharing the news to the world and those who know and love her.

I love her blog, and she does have quite an extensive stash of makeup. I don't have nearly as much myself, but those storage boxes could come in handy. I admire her organization skills!

Originally Posted by DreamWarrior /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Gotcha... I referenced all my material and hyperlinked her content.  Not taking any credit for myself or MUT.  Just sharing the news to the world and those who know and love her.

I didn't say you were taking credit. You copied and pasted everything, and while you did leave a hyperlink I believe you can only copy and paste a small portion not all of it.

lol Same here!! I would love to have a small little makeup room where I could store an enormous stash like that!!

But at the same time...it does seem like it would be totally overwhelming!

Originally Posted by BombDiggity /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I'm not even going to lie... I'm jealous lol

Originally Posted by Katie-Gaslight /img/forum/go_quote.gif

What do you even do with all of that? Holy Moly.... I mean, yeah, it's awesome and I know she gets so much for free/to review.. but why not give it away or something?

She actually does give a ton of it away. She shows that in the video where she has these boxes of stuff ready for giveaways on her blog, but she also donates. I'm not sure if I'm remembering correctly but I think it's a women's shelter that she gives it to.

And yeah, she doesn't use all of that, she said it's basically archives. Some of it is really old and is only saved for color reference. (People ask all the time if such and such is anything like some old color they loved and she checks to see if they are dupes.)

She really takes her blog seriously (as if that wasn't already obvious). She said that she doesn't even buy makeup because she likes it or wants it anymore. She said her first thought is, "Would Temptalia readers want me to review this?"

Originally Posted by DonnaJ /img/forum/go_quote.gif

She actually does give a ton of it away. She shows that in the video where she has these boxes of stuff ready for giveaways on her blog, but she also donates. I'm not sure if I'm remembering correctly but I think it's a women's shelter that she gives it to.

Yeah, I think it is a domestic violence shelter she donates to.

Does anyone follow Musings of a Muse? Now there's a collection I'd love to see! Her reviews (in my opinion) aren't as thorough as Temptalia's, but Muse seems more like a collector than anything else, so I imagine her stash is even more overwhelming. I rather like the idea of a cosmetics library/museum. I've always wondered if makeup companies have a vault where they keep every single product they've created, in every shade.

Originally Posted by bluelion /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Does anyone follow Musings of a Muse? Now there's a collection I'd love to see! Her reviews (in my opinion) aren't as thorough as Temptalia's, but Muse seems more like a collector than anything else, so I imagine her stash is even more overwhelming. I rather like the idea of a cosmetics library/museum. I've always wondered if makeup companies have a vault where they keep every single product they've created, in every shade.

I love her! I actually prefer her reviews, as she spends more time evaluating the products.

I do too, actually. Muse's reviews are a lot more concise. But I do love Temptalia's swatches. Both are great sources.

I wonder if Christine has ever taken a class, because Temptalia has amazing photos.

Originally Posted by DonnaJ /img/forum/go_quote.gif

And yeah, she doesn't use all of that, she said it's basically archives. Some of it is really old and is only saved for color reference. (People ask all the time if such and such is anything like some old color they loved and she checks to see if they are dupes.)

She really takes her blog seriously (as if that wasn't already obvious). She said that she doesn't even buy makeup because she likes it or wants it anymore. She said her first thought is, "Would Temptalia readers want me to review this?"
yeah i got through the last two things she mentioned, but not further to that she gives away a lot. good for her! i wasn't being catty or anything, hope my comment didn't come off that way! :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

i think her blog's a really awesome resource, if not the best!

Originally Posted by Katie-Gaslight /img/forum/go_quote.gif

yeah i got through the last two things she mentioned, but not further to that she gives away a lot. good for her! i wasn't being catty or anything, hope my comment didn't come off that way! :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

i think her blog's a really awesome resource, if not the best!

Not catty at all. I thought the same thing, "Good lord who needs all that makeup???!!!" until she explained that it's archives and it makes more sense that way. I'd love to have a tote bag and just five minutes in that room... lol!

I love Muse too. Part of it is how her personality shines though, where Temptalia has an all-business feel. Sometimes I just want the facts and some good pictures and head to Temptalia, but more often I'd rather feel excited and happy to be talking makeup and having fun, then I go to the Muse's blog. She likes chit chatting in comments and has a great sense of humor.

Latest posts

Back