Jump to content

-->

Welcome to MakeupTalk


Sign In  Log in with Facebook

Create Account
Welcome to MakeupTalk, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be apart of MakeupTalk by signing in or creating an account.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.
 
Guest Message by DevFuse

Sponsor

Recent Images In This Topic/Thread

No Images in this topic
Photo

All the ladies with MULTIPLE beauty box subscriptions... ;D


  • Please log in to reply
103 replies to this topic

#Post 1 of 104 OFFLINE   scrapsugargypsy

scrapsugargypsy

    Trainee

  • Members
  • Pip
  • 36 posts
  • Joined 02-May 12
Reviews

Posted 02 May 2012 - 12:36 PM

Having just discovered the world of monthly beauty boxes, it's really fun going through and seeing all the reviews of the different companies! I can definitely say that these boxes are hit or miss... but a lot of people are subscribed to multiple beauty boxes! I'll admit, I just subscribed to BeatuyArmy, BirchBox and MyGlam! 

 

So my question for you beauty addicts out there is: which boxes are you subscribed to and what's your favorite?

 

I'd love to hear from people that have had their subscriptions for a while, and aren't basing their fav's on the first box they got ;) (and I've only listed US boxes for the poll, since that's all I have access to!)



#Post 2 of 104 OFFLINE   Playedinloops

Playedinloops

    Compulsive

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,150 posts
  • Joined 16-January 12
Reviews

Posted 02 May 2012 - 12:37 PM

You might not want to call the general MuT population glammies, just an fyi. 



#Post 3 of 104 OFFLINE   calexxia

calexxia

    Aficionado

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,220 posts
  • Joined 09-January 12
Reviews

Posted 02 May 2012 - 12:49 PM

AMEN! (To the "calling MUT users glammies could be a bad idea" thing) 


"The food was terrible and the portions were soooo small!"


#Post 4 of 104 OFFLINE   amygab1126

amygab1126

    Amy

  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 615 posts
  • Joined 15-September 11
Reviews
  • Location:Michigan

Posted 02 May 2012 - 02:07 PM

Add the QVC version of the New Beauty Test Tube. I have 7 subs and that one's my favorite!



#Post 5 of 104 OFFLINE   Totem

Totem

    Buff

  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 332 posts
  • Joined 20-April 12
Reviews

Posted 02 May 2012 - 02:29 PM

I've been subbing to Testtube for over four years now and like it the best. My fave 'monthly' is Eco Emi which was my first sub.
 



#Post 6 of 104 OFFLINE   scrapsugargypsy

scrapsugargypsy

    Trainee

  • Members
  • Pip
  • 36 posts
  • Joined 02-May 12
Reviews

Posted 02 May 2012 - 05:55 PM

I've seen reviews on that one, it looks awesome! Better products than most, so you get what you pay for I guess!

#Post 7 of 104 OFFLINE   yousoldtheworld

yousoldtheworld

    Michaela

  • Super Moderators
  • 5,983 posts
  • Joined 10-February 12
Reviews
  • Location:Nowhere, IN

Posted 02 May 2012 - 08:42 PM

I have had Birchbox, MyGlam, Sample Society, Sindulge, Julep Maven, Conscious Box, Green Grab Bag, BeautyBox 5, and myplatinumbox.

 

My favorite by far is Birchbox!  I've gotten the biggest variety, consistently highest quality brands/products, and the best service and perks from them.  



#Post 8 of 104 OFFLINE   sleepykat

sleepykat

    Aficionado

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,182 posts
  • Joined 07-March 12
Reviews

Posted 02 May 2012 - 09:14 PM

Birchbox is my favorite so far, because it has been very consistent and I already earned enough points to get free products. I also received a free sponsored box full of deluxe size Vichy products, so that was awesome. I absolutely LOVED my Sample Society and Conscious Box items, but I have only received one box from each so far. I loved my Julep box and my Sindulge box, but each were only a penny, so one product that I liked would have been a good score for me. I am very excited for my free Glossybox coming up. My free Love with Food box was pretty cool, but I would rather have beauty items. BeautyFix was an amazing deal and lots of fun; the products are mostly full size. BeautyFix is quarterly, so it feels expensive to pay at one time, but evens out over the 3 months.

 

Honestly, trading is my favorite thing so far.

 

The subscription services are so subjective. I wouldn't have known from reading on here which services I would like, since people rave over boxes that I don't care for and complain about boxes that make me drool.



#Post 9 of 104 OFFLINE   gypsiemagic

gypsiemagic

    Grace

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,550 posts
  • Joined 14-January 12
Reviews
  • Location:SF & LA

Posted 02 May 2012 - 10:18 PM

Birchbox for Monthly and QVC edition of NewBeauty Testube for quarterly :) 


Untitled-4.png
 
 

 

 


#Post 10 of 104 OFFLINE   scrapsugargypsy

scrapsugargypsy

    Trainee

  • Members
  • Pip
  • 36 posts
  • Joined 02-May 12
Reviews

Posted 03 May 2012 - 12:12 PM

Wow, you've tried a lot, that's awesome!!! Thanks for your feedback, I'm so glad I signed up for birchbox!

Originally Posted by yousoldtheworld View Post

I have had Birchbox, MyGlam, Sample Society, Sindulge, Julep Maven, Conscious Box, Green Grab Bag, BeautyBox 5, and myplatinumbox.

 

My favorite by far is Birchbox!  I've gotten the biggest variety, consistently highest quality brands/products, and the best service and perks from them.  



#Post 11 of 104 OFFLINE   scrapsugargypsy

scrapsugargypsy

    Trainee

  • Members
  • Pip
  • 36 posts
  • Joined 02-May 12
Reviews

Posted 03 May 2012 - 12:15 PM

Thanks for all that info!!! I was thinking of trying julep but just got the whole gelish system so I don't have much need for regular nail polishes anymore. You're definitely right, it's all very subjective... I'm just looking for decent quality products. You'll have to let me know how you like SS and CB, I really debated on getting those two! I like the idea of getting samples from sustainable and conscious companies, but you never know what you're going to get! 

Originally Posted by sleepykat View Post

Birchbox is my favorite so far, because it has been very consistent and I already earned enough points to get free products. I also received a free sponsored box full of deluxe size Vichy products, so that was awesome. I absolutely LOVED my Sample Society and Conscious Box items, but I have only received one box from each so far. I loved my Julep box and my Sindulge box, but each were only a penny, so one product that I liked would have been a good score for me. I am very excited for my free Glossybox coming up. My free Love with Food box was pretty cool, but I would rather have beauty items. BeautyFix was an amazing deal and lots of fun; the products are mostly full size. BeautyFix is quarterly, so it feels expensive to pay at one time, but evens out over the 3 months.

 

Honestly, trading is my favorite thing so far.

 

The subscription services are so subjective. I wouldn't have known from reading on here which services I would like, since people rave over boxes that I don't care for and complain about boxes that make me drool.



#Post 12 of 104 OFFLINE   yousoldtheworld

yousoldtheworld

    Michaela

  • Super Moderators
  • 5,983 posts
  • Joined 10-February 12
Reviews
  • Location:Nowhere, IN

Posted 03 May 2012 - 06:39 PM

Oh, I absolutely love Conscious Box, you should give it a shot!  It is pricey, but I love getting so many different kinds of things.  



#Post 13 of 104 OFFLINE   scrapsugargypsy

scrapsugargypsy

    Trainee

  • Members
  • Pip
  • 36 posts
  • Joined 02-May 12
Reviews

Posted 04 May 2012 - 02:03 PM

Fabulous, thanks for the suggestion!!

Originally Posted by yousoldtheworld View Post

Oh, I absolutely love Conscious Box, you should give it a shot!  It is pricey, but I love getting so many different kinds of things.  



#Post 14 of 104 OFFLINE   sleepykat

sleepykat

    Aficionado

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,182 posts
  • Joined 07-March 12
Reviews

Posted 05 May 2012 - 10:37 PM

My brother and I received our mystery box from Conscious Box, and loved it. That's our second beloved box from them. It's a variety of types of products. Probably a 1/4 of it were beauty items.


  • scrapsugargypsy likes this

#Post 15 of 104 OFFLINE   yanelib27

yanelib27

    Aficionado

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,049 posts
  • Joined 10-January 12
Reviews

Posted 15 May 2012 - 04:30 PM

Birchbox is still my favorite because of the points system. I have over 700 points now but not sure what to get.. so I may have to give it a few more months and then just place a big order. I hope I enjoy GlossyBox as much as BB. Sample Society is ok, first 2 months were great IMO but last month, not so much.



#Post 16 of 104 OFFLINE   Christi Z

Christi Z

    Novice

  • Members
  • PipPip
  • 67 posts
  • Joined 28-April 12
Reviews

Posted 15 May 2012 - 04:58 PM

Right now you can sign up for Julep under someones referral for a penny for the 1st month. You could then cancel or just continuously skip months until a month has the polishes you like.



#Post 17 of 104 OFFLINE   LydiaNichole

LydiaNichole

    Devotee

  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 221 posts
  • Joined 24-April 12
Reviews

Posted 16 May 2012 - 12:19 AM

Eco-Emi is my favorite of the monthly services I've tried so far! I really love the products they put in their boxes! (In a non-monthly box, my hands down favorite is the Allure Summer Beauty Box: it was incredible! I think they're going to have a Fall/Winter one, so stay tuned! Mine had over $300 of products for only about $50! I saw a review on it a year ago and waited to order one this past April; it was worth every penny.) 

 

-My favorite pet-themed box is: BarBox! My dogs have loved everything so far; I started out with a 3mo subscription, but I will probably go yearly with that one since it's so great! 

 

I've ordered and am waiting to try: Birchbox, GlossyBox, LoveWithFood (promo), BeautyFix (promo), FitBox (free).

 

I've already tried: New Beauty Test Tube (It was good, but they substituted the two samples I wanted without giving me notice; I may try the QVC one in the future), Sample Society (cancelled after my first box; disliked it!), Julep: I got my first box dirt cheap so it was worth it! In general though, I don't feel that it's worth the price without a promo deal, unless you just really want a certain shade.

 

(In the future I'm considering: Bellismo, Green Grab Bag, and Conscious Box, and a few others! :)



#Post 18 of 104 OFFLINE   Caryatid

Caryatid

    Buff

  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 305 posts
  • Joined 09-December 11
Reviews

Posted 20 May 2012 - 04:04 PM

PoshPod.

 

No really, Birchbox is a little inconsistent, but the best overall.



#Post 19 of 104 OFFLINE   scrapsugargypsy

scrapsugargypsy

    Trainee

  • Members
  • Pip
  • 36 posts
  • Joined 02-May 12
Reviews

Posted 27 June 2012 - 12:40 PM

Originally Posted by LydiaNichole View Post

Eco-Emi is my favorite of the monthly services I've tried so far! I really love the products they put in their boxes! (In a non-monthly box, my hands down favorite is the Allure Summer Beauty Box: it was incredible! I think they're going to have a Fall/Winter one, so stay tuned! Mine had over $300 of products for only about $50! I saw a review on it a year ago and waited to order one this past April; it was worth every penny.) 

 

-My favorite pet-themed box is: BarBox! My dogs have loved everything so far; I started out with a 3mo subscription, but I will probably go yearly with that one since it's so great! 

 

I've ordered and am waiting to try: Birchbox, GlossyBox, LoveWithFood (promo), BeautyFix (promo), FitBox (free).

 

I've already tried: New Beauty Test Tube (It was good, but they substituted the two samples I wanted without giving me notice; I may try the QVC one in the future), Sample Society (cancelled after my first box; disliked it!), Julep: I got my first box dirt cheap so it was worth it! In general though, I don't feel that it's worth the price without a promo deal, unless you just really want a certain shade.

 

(In the future I'm considering: Bellismo, Green Grab Bag, and Conscious Box, and a few others! :)

You mentioned fitbox being free? I just googoled them and it's looking like they're $10/month to sample different fitness supplements (something I'd totally love as a triathlete and marathon runner!) It says fitbox but is at myplatinumbox.com, am I looking at the right one? Thanks!!!



#Post 20 of 104 OFFLINE   yanelib27

yanelib27

    Aficionado

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,049 posts
  • Joined 10-January 12
Reviews

Posted 27 June 2012 - 01:03 PM

Originally Posted by scrapsugargypsy View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by LydiaNichole View Post

Eco-Emi is my favorite of the monthly services I've tried so far! I really love the products they put in their boxes! (In a non-monthly box, my hands down favorite is the Allure Summer Beauty Box: it was incredible! I think they're going to have a Fall/Winter one, so stay tuned! Mine had over $300 of products for only about $50! I saw a review on it a year ago and waited to order one this past April; it was worth every penny.) 

 

-My favorite pet-themed box is: BarBox! My dogs have loved everything so far; I started out with a 3mo subscription, but I will probably go yearly with that one since it's so great! 

 

I've ordered and am waiting to try: Birchbox, GlossyBox, LoveWithFood (promo), BeautyFix (promo), FitBox (free).

 

I've already tried: New Beauty Test Tube (It was good, but they substituted the two samples I wanted without giving me notice; I may try the QVC one in the future), Sample Society (cancelled after my first box; disliked it!), Julep: I got my first box dirt cheap so it was worth it! In general though, I don't feel that it's worth the price without a promo deal, unless you just really want a certain shade.

 

(In the future I'm considering: Bellismo, Green Grab Bag, and Conscious Box, and a few others! :)

You mentioned fitbox being free? I just googoled them and it's looking like they're $10/month to sample different fitness supplements (something I'd totally love as a triathlete and marathon runner!) It says fitbox but is at myplatinumbox.com, am I looking at the right one? Thanks!!!

Have you checkod out klutchclub? Theres a thread about it and some of us have gotten the April, May and now June boxes. Its 18.00 a month but so far the boxes are worth the money.

You can also google it to find reviews.