Cheap brand name makeup website

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hi everyone, i found this website while googling different makeup brands:

showbeautyshop(dot)com

I just want to know peoples opinions on the website. It seems to be from China.. so that makes me skeptical. But shipping is $30.00 which is crazy... but the prices are very low.... If you make a big purchase it could be a good deal if it is real.

There are brands like MAC, DIOR, BENEFIT,CHANEL ect..

Let me know what you think! :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Mod note: Link disabled due to it being counterfeit.

You're right! I don't think i would ever buy enough to make it a good deal with that crazy shipping price..

They're selling counterfeit products alright. Here's the NAKED2 palette they're selling. It looks real but look at the box... that's not the packaging NAKED2 comes in.

MAC Cosmetics is not sold in palettes. Least nothing like these cheap Chinese knock offs.

Another fake MAC. The MAC Venomous Villians only had one blush per character. The Evil Queen blush came only in Bite of Apple which is a coral pink. That website is selling eight different colors... all of which are counterfeit.

There are even eBayers who sell fake Naked2, I wonder why they are not being suspended.

Originally Posted by iPretty949 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

There are even eBayers who sell fake Naked2, I wonder why they are not being suspended.
A LOT of cosmetics on ebay are fake, sadly. 

And yeah, these cosmetics are very obviously counterfeit. If it sounds too good to be true, it probably is. Only shop for cosmetics at places you trust, and keep in mind that companies like MAC don't deal with wholesalers. 

Their naked palette is also very obviously fake...look at the plastic covering the mirror and the letters inside the palette, not to mention the shadows, and the real naked doesn't come in the box they are showing, it comes with a mini primer: 

Additionally, their email addresses are @hotmail and @msn. Definitely NOT a trustworthy site.Read their return policy, it doesn't even talk about returns, it's a privacy policy.

Before you even look at the actual products, the extremely low prices are a dead giveaway. For instance, there's no way that you'd be able to get an authentic Naked palette for only $9!!

Originally Posted by zadidoll /img/forum/go_quote.gif

They're selling counterfeit products alright. Here's the NAKED2 palette they're selling. It looks real but look at the box... that's not the packaging NAKED2 comes in.

MAC Cosmetics is not sold in palettes. Least nothing like these cheap Chinese knock offs.

Another fake MAC. The MAC Venomous Villains only had one blush per character. The Evil Queen blush came only in Bite of Apple which is a coral pink. That website is selling eight different colors... all of which are counterfeit.

Wow i didn't even look into it the way you did, i really see what you mean now! I totally agree, it is counterfeit! Too good to be true, i don't usually trust makeup from China... Thanks for everyone's input!!!

Omg... this is ALL totally fake. Last weekend I went to the flea market and there were a ton of vendors selling MAC.

Me: Are any of these authentic?

Lady: Some of them are, some aren't.

Me: Which ones are authentic?

Lady: These, these and these. Points to eyeshadows, lipglosses and pallets.

Me: Really? Because none of my MAC shadows that I've bought in my 27 years of existence have never came with mirror and an applicator.

Lady: Oh... Some have it and some don't, but they're real.

Me: Ok, I'll buy this $5 lipgloss so I can compare it when I get home.

The lady takes my $5 exuding no conscience whatsoever! When I get home, I compare the flea market lipgloss with one that I bought from MAC. There's no major distinctions, but just a few minor difference. Like, "Made in London," was Made in Lond on" HUGE RED FLAG! Where the hell is Lond on? "Dist. by" was "Dist.by". When I opened the plastic tube there were little snags of plastic around the twsity party. MAC would never do that! The clincher of them all was putting that nasty crap on my lips. I had it on for two seconds and I immediately took it off. The taste and smell was disgusting!

The lesson I learned was, don't buy cheap shit from random vendors. (Sorry for the curse word, but I'm disgusted)

In your case contact the police because they can arrest her for knowingly selling fake makeup. In my area the local police arrested several people a few years back for selling counterfeit items.

BTW -- in regards to the Venomous Villains, Temptalia has one her site the list of the AUTHENTIC products. Buyer beware because unfortunately people buy fakes and not realize the bought fakes.

http://www.temptalia.com/mac-venomous-villains-collection-for-fall-2010

i don't have the guts to do that. for some people selling that stuff is their only means of livelihood. i don't agree with it, but if this is how they feed their family, so be it.

In your case contact the police because they can arrest her for knowingly selling fake makeup. In my area the local police arrested several people a few years back for selling counterfeit items.

That's just wrong though. So you're willing to allow them to hurt people - because the products may contain unsafe levels of lead, bacteria and goodness knows what else, just because they might be their livelihood? It's a FEDERAL offense to sell/resell counterfeit products to begin with and morally it's wrong to turn a blind eye to it. Put it in this context, a robber comes to your house and steals your money would you justify it that it maybe their only livelihood? What if someone in your household was hurt by the robber? Is that okay? In essence that's what counterfeit sellers are doing, they are stealing your money (and other people's money) AND in the process are potentially hurting people.

Another fake MAC. The MAC Venomous Villians only had one blush per character. The Evil Queen blush came only in Bite of Apple which is a coral pink. That website is selling eight different colors... all of which are counterfeit.

Shit that just made me shiver a bit... looks close but if you don't know then you can get easily duped in a bad way. :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> 

careful ladies... always google 

The products on that site, that Luckylilme posted, look legit. I see the Chanel applicators have the double C logo embossed on the applicators like the real Chanel does. Dior's name is embossed on the applicator on those shadows as well. The prices aren't rock bottom cheap like on sites that sell counterfeit products and most items are only a few dollars less than retail.

I found the same web site I just figured its to good to be true so it is probably fake " I was going to buy but my gut says don't.

Latest posts

Back