-->

Welcome Guest to MakeupTalk

Welcome to MakeupTalk, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be apart of MakeupTalk by signing in or creating an account.
  • Start new topics and reply to others in our MakeupTalk Forums
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get notification & email updates
  • Get your personal profile page and make new friends in our Community
  • Submit your reviews about Makeup Products and get feedback from other users
  • Send personal messages to other members

Sponsor

Recent Images In This Topic/Thread

No Images in this topic

Sponsors

Become a Forum Sponsor!
Photo

Dermstore Mystery Black Bag

• Please log in to reply
155 replies to this topic

#Post 1 of 156 OFFLINE   Antidentite

Antidentite

Buff

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 599 posts
  • Joined 08-March 12
Reviews

Posted 23 June 2012 - 06:30 AM

There are three new mystery bags at Dermstore.com this weekend. 

http://www.dermstore.com/lp/1050

A Luxury Grab bag valued at $226 for $24.95

A Skin and Hair bag valued at $165 for $19.95

and A Makeup bag valued at $111 for $14.95

I think its pretty cool that they split them up like that

#Post 2 of 156 OFFLINE   Playedinloops

Playedinloops

Compulsive

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,150 posts
  • Joined 16-January 12
Reviews

Posted 23 June 2012 - 06:39 AM

That's pretty neat! I put it in my cart, but I stopped and am going to think about it for a few. 

#Post 3 of 156 OFFLINE   ladygrey

ladygrey

Aficionado

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,788 posts
  • Joined 16-December 11
Reviews

Posted 23 June 2012 - 09:26 AM

Oh gosh, this is so tempting. Especially since they really aren't that much. I'm a little hesitant, though, since I've done a couple of mystery bags/boxes in the past and I ended up getting burned pretty bad on them. 

#Post 4 of 156 OFFLINE   Antidentite

Antidentite

Buff

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 599 posts
  • Joined 08-March 12
Reviews

Posted 23 June 2012 - 09:46 AM

Last time I ordered a mystery bag from Dermstore it was about 8-10 items from their beautyfix subscription service (skindinavia spray, Johnathan hairspray and another Johnathan product, Purlisse, 3lab product, Kinerase, etc).  It was a pretty good deal.  I ordered a Luxury bag and a Makeup bag this time and with a $25 off $50 coupon it came out to be pretty cheap. 

#Post 5 of 156 OFFLINE   Annelle

Annelle

Aficionado

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,358 posts
  • Joined 12-November 08
Reviews

Posted 23 June 2012 - 09:50 AM

ooh...I just noticed the images.  I have no idea if these are representative of what's actually in the mystery bags, but just in case:

Luxury Bag ($226 / $24.95)

box1.png

Skin and Hair ($165 / $19.95)

box2.png

Makeup ($111 / $14.95)

box3.png

The mystery bags are ONLY available through Monday.

The bottles in the background of the hair one remind me of the Kronos hair set that was in BeautyFixes last season.

omg a line --^

#Post 6 of 156 OFFLINE   Souly

Souly

Aficionado

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,031 posts
  • Joined 02-January 12
Reviews

Posted 23 June 2012 - 10:50 AM

Ooooh, thanks for pointing this out. I got all 3 for $34.95 using my $25 off from beauty fix

#Post 7 of 156 OFFLINE   Annelle

Annelle

Aficionado

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,358 posts
  • Joined 12-November 08
Reviews

Posted 23 June 2012 - 02:01 PM

Originally Posted by Souly View Post

Ooooh, thanks for pointing this out. I got all 3 for $34.95 using my $25 off from beauty fix

ahh you'll have to let us know what's in them!!

omg a line --^

#Post 8 of 156 OFFLINE   MissLindaJean

MissLindaJean

Compulsive

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,471 posts
  • Joined 19-April 12
Reviews

Posted 23 June 2012 - 02:27 PM

It's tempting, but I'm not gonna bite lol. I made it through TJ Maxx and after picking up an armful of Philosophy and hair products, i put everything back and walked out empty handed! I'm trying to scale back and already bought some mystery boxes from Julep and BeautyBar the last two months. But I can't wait to see what everyone gets! Let us know!

#Post 9 of 156 OFFLINE   Snow24

Snow24

Novice

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 73 posts
  • Joined 12-May 12
Reviews

Posted 23 June 2012 - 04:10 PM

I can't believe I caved! I got all 3. I seriously have issues. But I did use the $25 off so it came to $37.38 (damn CA sales tax).

#Post 10 of 156 OFFLINE   MissLindaJean

MissLindaJean

Compulsive

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,471 posts
  • Joined 19-April 12
Reviews

Posted 23 June 2012 - 04:18 PM

Originally Posted by Snow24 View Post

I can't believe I caved! I got all 3. I seriously have issues. But I did use the $25 off so it came to $37.38 (damn CA sales tax).

That's a good deal, especially if you get items you're happy with! Keep us posted on what goodies you get lol.

#Post 11 of 156 OFFLINE   sleepykat

sleepykat

Aficionado

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,182 posts
  • Joined 07-March 12
Reviews

Posted 23 June 2012 - 04:24 PM

Does anyone have a $25 off $50 coupon code they will not be using? Please PM me.

#Post 12 of 156 OFFLINE   KristenBlair

KristenBlair

Trainee

• Members
  • Pip
  • 12 posts
  • Joined 02-June 12
Reviews

Posted 23 June 2012 - 04:44 PM

i hope im not wrong, but i habe a strong gut feeling that in the makeup mystery bag there is a small skindinavia spray and perhaps a tarte blush.

#Post 13 of 156 OFFLINE   Annelle

Annelle

Aficionado

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,358 posts
  • Joined 12-November 08
Reviews

Posted 23 June 2012 - 05:26 PM

Originally Posted by KristenBlair View Post

i hope im not wrong, but i habe a strong gut feeling that in the makeup mystery bag there is a small skindinavia spray and perhaps a tarte blush.

yeah I keep wanting to guess what they are too!! lol  But then I wonder if it's actually the products or not, even.

The spray bottle is too generic for me to tell, it looks like any spray bottle, but a finishing spray would make sense for makeup.  Or a moisturizing mist? Or brush cleanser?

The 3rd one looks kind of like a long bristled kabuki brush...which I hope it's not, because for me, I think the bristles would be too long for a kabuki to apply well.  But I can't think of what else it could possibly be (it looks a little floppy at the top, which makes me think it might be long fibers that are slightly tilted over)

I don't know what the 2nd one is at all...the 4th definitely looks like some sort of circular compact that's opened up.

For Skin and Hair, the front jar looks like the 3M cream (at least the lid does) that's currently in the BeautyFix selections.

The Luxury bag is just way too hard lol.  Generic looking big tube (probably face/body). Generic looking bottle. Generic looking lip/eye product tube.  And that same funky looking shadow that I can't figure out from the makeup bag. lol.  Although I wonder...if they are the actual pictures, are they true to size? because if that is a lipgloss or eye cream, then the other 3 shadow products are teeny sized.

omg a line --^

#Post 14 of 156 OFFLINE   misslexyr

misslexyr

Lexy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,125 posts
  • Joined 07-June 12
Reviews

Posted 23 June 2012 - 05:29 PM

I got the makeup one with my 25 off of 50 and then added a stila cheek and lip stain  in passion fruit and stila lip trio set, all for 25.95. So excited to get it! Hopefully it does have a tarte blush in it! I love those!

#Post 15 of 156 OFFLINE   Annelle

Annelle

Aficionado

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,358 posts
  • Joined 12-November 08
Reviews

Posted 23 June 2012 - 05:34 PM

The brush looks like this! 13589.jpg359x297px-LL-0dceba86_box3.png

http://www.dermstore.com/product_Kabuki+Brush_13589.htm

omg a line --^

#Post 16 of 156 OFFLINE   misslexyr

misslexyr

Lexy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,125 posts
  • Joined 07-June 12
Reviews

Posted 23 June 2012 - 05:42 PM

to me the makeup bag looks like it has the stila set and correct thats in the beautyfix selection, or maybe a tarte blush, the skindinavia spray also in the selection and the kabuki from redpoint http://www.dermstore...Brush_13589.htm Im not sure about the second item though

#Post 17 of 156 OFFLINE   linabunnie

linabunnie

Buff

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 583 posts
  • Joined 12-April 12
Reviews

Posted 23 June 2012 - 05:47 PM

It's tempting, but I'm not gonna bite lol. I made it through TJ Maxx and after picking up an armful of Philosophy and hair products, i put everything back and walked out empty handed! I'm trying to scale back and already bought some mystery boxes from Julep and BeautyBar the last two months. But I can't wait to see what everyone gets! Let us know!

Did u say philosophy @tj max?! Omg im soo there tomorrow! Thanks

#Post 18 of 156 OFFLINE   sleepykat

sleepykat

Aficionado

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,182 posts
  • Joined 07-March 12
Reviews

Posted 23 June 2012 - 06:24 PM

Originally Posted by Linabunnie View Post

Did u say philosophy @tj max?! Omg im soo there tomorrow! Thanks

The TJ Maxx near me always has some Philosophy products. They usually have stuff by the Balm, Ahava, sometimes StriVectin. It's always good to check there first when you are craving skincare and haircare. Oh, and perfume if you're into that.

I'm really wanting these Mystery Bags from Dermstore, but I can't bring myself to do it unless I get a coupon. I would probably end up with dupes of some stuff that I already have, but those would be great for gifts for my mom, my aunt, and my bestie.

#Post 19 of 156 OFFLINE   linabunnie

linabunnie

Buff

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 583 posts
  • Joined 12-April 12
Reviews

Posted 23 June 2012 - 06:31 PM

Originally Posted by sleepykat View Post

The TJ Maxx near me always has some Philosophy products. They usually have stuff by the Balm, Ahava, sometimes StriVectin. It's always good to check there first when you are craving skincare and haircare. Oh, and perfume if you're into that.

I'm really wanting these Mystery Bags from Dermstore, but I can't bring myself to do it unless I get a coupon. I would probably end up with dupes of some stuff that I already have, but those would be great for gifts for my mom, my aunt, and my bestie.

I want the bags too, soo bad!!! lol I just tried every coupon code listed on Retailmenot.com All im finding is this...COMPLETE 2 OR MORE PRODUCT SURVEYS & RECEIVE A $25 GIFT CARD! but is this legit, do you know?

#Post 20 of 156 OFFLINE   KristenBlair

KristenBlair

Trainee

• Members
  • Pip
  • 12 posts
  • Joined 02-June 12
Reviews

Posted 23 June 2012 - 07:14 PM

im almost positive its a tarte blush if what is shown in the picture is the actual product.