-->

Welcome Guest to MakeupTalk

Welcome to MakeupTalk, one of the largest beauty communities online! Love makeup and beauty products as much as we do? Do you look forward to getting your beauty subscription boxes every month? Sign up or sign in to join in on the conversations and share your love for makeup, beauty and subscription boxes with others. By signing up or signing in you get access to the features listed below. Signing up is FREE and requires minimal information. We look forward to seeing you on the forums and having you part of our community! Thanks for stopping by!
  • Start new topics and reply to others in our MakeupTalk Forums
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get notification & email updates
  • Get your personal profile page and make new friends in our Community
  • Submit your reviews about Makeup Products and get feedback from other users
  • Send personal messages to other members

Recent Images In This Topic/Thread

No Images in this topic

Latest Posts

Sponsors

Become a Forum Sponsor!

Photo

Birchbox: The July boxes [Spoilers]

• Please log in to reply
68 replies to this topic

#Post 21 of 69 OFFLINE   StillPooh

StillPooh

Devotee

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 296 posts
  • Joined 13-April 12
Reviews

Posted 11 July 2012 - 11:34 AM

Originally Posted by MissLindaJean View Post

Maybe box 20? What was your weight?

0.5660 lbs.

You're right, that's my box. There's one item in the picture not listed in the description; that's what threw me off.

1050.jpg

#Post 22 of 69 OFFLINE   MissLindaJean

MissLindaJean

Compulsive

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,471 posts
  • Joined 19-April 12
Reviews

Posted 11 July 2012 - 11:40 AM

Originally Posted by StillPooh View Post

0.5660 lbs.

You're right, that's my box. There's one item in the picture not listed in the description; that's what threw me off.

1050.jpg

Not a bad box. I personally feel like BB seemed to do a better job about adding more full sized products and higher #s of items this month, to help with some of the disparity people feel. I tried the UV fluid from SS and liked it, did you? We also got those Jouer tints this month lol...mine came in bronzed; I'm gonna put my liquid Stila down and try it out later!

#Post 23 of 69 OFFLINE   StillPooh

StillPooh

Devotee

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 296 posts
  • Joined 13-April 12
Reviews

Posted 11 July 2012 - 11:44 AM

Not a bad box. I personally feel like BB seemed to do a better job about adding more full sized products and higher #s of items this month, to help with some of the disparity people feel. I tried the UV fluid from SS and liked it, did you? We also got those Jouer tints this month lol...mine came in bronzed; I'm gonna put my liquid Stila down and try it out later!

I've only been with Sample Society for two months; I don't remember getting an Alterna  product before.

#Post 24 of 69 OFFLINE   mstlcmn

mstlcmn

Devotee

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 228 posts
  • Joined 10-March 12
Reviews

Posted 11 July 2012 - 11:46 AM

I've only been with Sample Society for two months; I don't remember getting an Alterna  product before.

I think it was the May box 

#Post 25 of 69 OFFLINE   MissLindaJean

MissLindaJean

Compulsive

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,471 posts
  • Joined 19-April 12
Reviews

Posted 11 July 2012 - 11:46 AM

Some of the ladies were miffed because they sent them out in 2 boxes already...there was the UV Fluide, which we're now seeing this month in the BBs and a Boho Waves spray. I liked that the first item didn't feel all gooey and heavy like a lot of similar products are and the results from the second item!

#Post 26 of 69 OFFLINE   StillPooh

StillPooh

Devotee

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 296 posts
  • Joined 13-April 12
Reviews

Posted 11 July 2012 - 11:53 AM

Some of the ladies were miffed because they sent them out in 2 boxes already...there was the UV Fluide, which we're now seeing this month in the BBs and a Boho Waves spray. I liked that the first item didn't feel all gooey and heavy like a lot of similar products are and the results from the second item!

My first box was in June, and contained the Alterna Bamboo Style Boho Waves Deluxe Sample

It's fine but I'm not planning to purchase it.

#Post 27 of 69 OFFLINE   MissLindaJean

MissLindaJean

Compulsive

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,471 posts
  • Joined 19-April 12
Reviews

Posted 11 July 2012 - 11:57 AM

My first box was in June, and contained the Alterna Bamboo Style Boho Waves Deluxe Sample

It's fine but I'm not planning to purchase it.

You can make one at home!!! While I do enjoy a wide variety of products, some of them like that one and the floral spritzers and things...I can make easily at home and enjoy lol.

#Post 28 of 69 OFFLINE   misslexyr

misslexyr

Lexy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,125 posts
  • Joined 07-June 12
Reviews

Posted 11 July 2012 - 01:06 PM

hmmm!  2 subs and the same boxes again! But im not complaining because they are both box #2!!!!!! SO HAPPY! weights are .5160+.5190 and ship dates are both monday the 9th. and i was considering buying the beauty blenders.

#Post 29 of 69 OFFLINE   MissLindaJean

MissLindaJean

Compulsive

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,471 posts
  • Joined 19-April 12
Reviews

Posted 11 July 2012 - 01:13 PM

Originally Posted by Missglammygirl View Post

hmmm!  2 subs and the same boxes again! But im not complaining because they are both box #2!!!!!! SO HAPPY! weights are .5160+.5190 and ship dates are both monday the 9th. and i was considering buying the beauty blenders.

Lol, wow, that's pretty cool that you're getting duplicate boxes with items you want!

#Post 30 of 69 OFFLINE   CaliMel

CaliMel

Aficionado

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,044 posts
  • Joined 23-January 12
Reviews

Posted 11 July 2012 - 01:23 PM

It looks like im getting two box #4's, which is alright. I was hoping for two different boxes, since before that's what happened. The Jouer sample is a repeat from my sample society, hopefully I get a different color.

The lara bars don't excite me at all. The blotting papers are useless to me, and I already have a black liquid eyeliner from Myglam. So I'll probably just put up the whole second box for trade because I'd rather have two different boxes instead. I was hoping to get a beauty blender or something i don't already have samples of, but no such luck. =(

#Post 31 of 69 OFFLINE   MissLindaJean

MissLindaJean

Compulsive

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,471 posts
  • Joined 19-April 12
Reviews

Posted 11 July 2012 - 02:26 PM

Originally Posted by CaliMel View Post

It looks like im getting two box #4's, which is alright. I was hoping for two different boxes, since before that's what happened. The Jouer sample is a repeat from my sample society, hopefully I get a different color.

The lara bars don't excite me at all. The blotting papers are useless to me, and I already have a black liquid eyeliner from Myglam. So I'll probably just put up the whole second box for trade because I'd rather have two different boxes instead. I was hoping to get a beauty blender or something i don't already have samples of, but no such luck. =(

Maybe you'll get two different color liners...that'd be cool.

#Post 32 of 69 OFFLINE   monica75052

monica75052

Novice

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 52 posts
  • Joined 05-December 11
Reviews

Posted 11 July 2012 - 03:35 PM

I want # 2 and 6 so bad!! 21 and 15 wouldnt be to bad either! anything with stila would be great! Im expecting that 13, 14 and 18 are cards not palettes, but if they were palettes, i would want it in a heartbeat! but #2 is amazing! a lippie and a beauty blender! im in love!

It would be awesome if they were palettes but more than likely it will be cards.  I hope whoever gets them first will let us know! 

#Post 33 of 69 OFFLINE   Auntboo

Auntboo

Buff

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 335 posts
  • Joined 28-February 12
Reviews

Posted 11 July 2012 - 04:10 PM

It appears as though Box 3 and Box 30 are dupes!

#Post 34 of 69 OFFLINE   zadidoll

zadidoll

Obsessed

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,230 posts
  • Joined 26-February 11
Reviews

Posted 11 July 2012 - 04:57 PM

It's possibly due to being different shades of tint. Last year when they sent out the Pur mineral foundation three of the boxes were identical except for the foundation color.

#Post 35 of 69 OFFLINE   Auntboo

Auntboo

Buff

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 335 posts
  • Joined 28-February 12
Reviews

Posted 11 July 2012 - 05:32 PM

Oh, okay!

#Post 36 of 69 OFFLINE   lulubelle107

lulubelle107

Aficionado

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,167 posts
  • Joined 13-June 12
Reviews

Posted 11 July 2012 - 06:12 PM

I got box 23, which I'm happy with. 

Alterna Bambo UV+ Color Protection Fade Proof Fluide
Dr. Jart + Waterfuse BB Cream
stila lip glaze in hibiscus
Suki Nourishing Kit 
Larabar
Earbuds

Some new to me brands, and I like being introduced to new items.  The ear buds are a nice lifestyle extra, IMO!

#Post 37 of 69 OFFLINE   lauradiniwilk

lauradiniwilk

Aficionado

• Super Moderators
  • 1,593 posts
  • Joined 03-April 12
Reviews

Posted 11 July 2012 - 06:32 PM

Looks like I'll be getting box 19. Anyone know if the blinc is full size?

#Post 38 of 69 OFFLINE   misslexyr

misslexyr

Lexy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,125 posts
  • Joined 07-June 12
Reviews

Posted 11 July 2012 - 07:46 PM

Originally Posted by lauradiniwilk View Post

Looks like I'll be getting box 19. Anyone know if the blinc is full size?

i think a sample size

#Post 39 of 69 OFFLINE   meaganola

meaganola

Uh Huh Her

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,540 posts
  • Joined 14-January 12
Reviews

Posted 11 July 2012 - 08:29 PM

i think a sample size

The one I got in my Birchbox last August is 0.141 oz/4g.  Hmm.  I should probably throw this out.  I've only used it a few times (I don't wear mascara), so I feel bad throwing out an almost-unused product, but I haven't used it in months, so it's probably chock full o' nastiness at this point.  I'm getting another tube in one of my subs this month, so there's really no point in keeping this just in case I decide to wear it some day.

you can find me on Instagram!

Instagram: buriedinboxes

#Post 40 of 69 OFFLINE   MidnightPrayer

MidnightPrayer

Trainee

• Members
  • Pip
  • 14 posts
  • Joined 12-July 12
Reviews

Posted 12 July 2012 - 07:36 AM

Long time thread stalker, first time poster! ;-)

I'm getting box #4 it looks like, which makes me sad because last month my box had the luna bars in it and I really didn't like them, the idea of the larabars does nothing for me. I wish I could re-take my survey >___<

• 2,325,801 Posts
  • 110,530 Members
  • 18,589 Reviews
  • 53,994 Albums