-->

Welcome Guest to MakeupTalk

Welcome to MakeupTalk, one of the largest beauty communities online! Love makeup and beauty products as much as we do? Do you look forward to getting your beauty subscription boxes every month? Sign up or sign in to join in on the conversations and share your love for makeup, beauty and subscription boxes with others. By signing up or signing in you get access to the features listed below. Signing up is FREE and requires minimal information. We look forward to seeing you on the forums and having you part of our community! Thanks for stopping by!
  • Start new topics and reply to others in our MakeupTalk Forums
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get notification & email updates
  • Get your personal profile page and make new friends in our Community
  • Submit your reviews about Makeup Products and get feedback from other users
  • Send personal messages to other members

Recent Images In This Topic/Thread

No Images in this topic

Latest Posts

Sponsors

Become a Forum Sponsor!

Photo

Birchbox: The July boxes [Spoilers]

• Please log in to reply
68 replies to this topic

#Post 61 of 69 OFFLINE   pookiebear81

pookiebear81

Novice

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 65 posts
  • Joined 07-January 12
Reviews

Posted 16 July 2012 - 02:08 PM

Originally Posted by americanclassic View Post

The earbuds are like dollar store headphones, not great sound quality anyway. I got box 7, and I loved everything in it except for the headphones, which were a fun extra anyway. pretty ironic for me, since a few weeks prior my own headphones broke right before a long airplane flight.

I'm so annoyed at myself--lol I keep forgetting to review the items from Birchbox. from the past couple months, I missed out on at least 100 BB pts. must remember in the future!

Yes, I know they aren't good quality but still it would be nice if they actually worked. What's the use of getting extras if they don't work.

#Post 62 of 69 OFFLINE   MollyC2153

MollyC2153

Buff

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 597 posts
  • Joined 17-June 12
Reviews

Posted 16 July 2012 - 02:27 PM

Ok, I'm annoyed. I went to buy the Suki cleanser from BB because they have it and I want to use my points. The cleanser is one of the products in the Suki balancing sample this month, but because they sampled the balancing routine and NOT just the cleanser, the cleanser alone isn't free shipping. So that means that my 20% off coupon is negated, because with tax and shipping, I'm paying more than what the 20% discount is.

Realistically, I'll still buy it because it's $32 regularly and only $13 with my points, but it's crap like this that irritates me. I'm going to tweet them. If something is a sample, it should be free shipping! It is the exact product that is featured in the box!

#Post 63 of 69 OFFLINE   whydoyuask

whydoyuask

Trainee

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
  • Joined 16-July 12
Reviews

Posted 16 July 2012 - 06:15 PM

On my bb box page it's telling me that I'm getting the Hello pefume "50ml"...(box 29).

Is this a type-o or am I really getting the 50ml bottle?? That would make up for the Lara

bar and earbuds, and the stainiac repeat!

#Post 64 of 69 OFFLINE   astokes

astokes

Buff

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 600 posts
  • Joined 10-March 12
Reviews

Posted 16 July 2012 - 06:19 PM

Originally Posted by whydoyuask View Post

On my bb box page it's telling me that I'm getting the Hello pefume "50ml"...(box 29).

Is this a type-o or am I really getting the 50ml bottle?? That would make up for the Lara

bar and earbuds, and the stainiac repeat!

No, that's just the link to the full-size product. You will get a sample vial. The pictures below the box aren't representative of the size you will receive. Hope that helps!

#Post 65 of 69 OFFLINE   whydoyuask

whydoyuask

Trainee

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
  • Joined 16-July 12
Reviews

Posted 16 July 2012 - 06:29 PM

Thanks.

Now I'm going to sulk about my first world bb problems.

:(

Anyone wanna trade? I have a couple Stila pen liners in brn and blue, and a Stainiac

I'll be willing to let go of.

I'd like the Stila bronzer from last month or maybe the lip glazes, or just about anything else. I'm easy.

#Post 66 of 69 OFFLINE   jem102

jem102

Trainee

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
  • Joined 09-June 12
Reviews

Posted 16 July 2012 - 09:38 PM

I got box #6.  Pretty happy with it...   Eau d'Hadrien sample Boscia BB cream sample Color club nail polish (pale blue) sample Stila lip glaze, full size :-))) Tea Forte mints Earbuds   Shipping weight was 0.6020

#Post 67 of 69 OFFLINE   ShesaRenegade

ShesaRenegade

Trainee

• Members
  • Pip
  • 27 posts
  • Joined 07-June 12
Reviews

Posted 19 July 2012 - 01:28 PM

Originally Posted by pookiebear81 View Post

Yes, I know they aren't good quality but still it would be nice if they actually worked. What's the use of getting extras if they don't work.

I agree.  Mine sound like crap too.

#Post 68 of 69 OFFLINE   yanelib27

yanelib27

Aficionado

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,049 posts
  • Joined 10-January 12
Reviews

Posted 19 July 2012 - 01:38 PM

The ear phones are good if you want to listen to a talk show or podcast, not if you want to listen to music..

#Post 69 of 69 OFFLINE   astokes

astokes

Buff

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 600 posts
  • Joined 10-March 12
Reviews

Posted 19 July 2012 - 02:23 PM

Originally Posted by yanelib27 View Post

The ear phones are good if you want to listen to a talk show or podcast, not if you want to listen to music..

I was using mine to listen to an audiobook Lol. Sounds fine when using it for that.

• 2,324,846 Posts
  • 110,177 Members
  • 18,583 Reviews
  • 53,995 Albums