workout & diet plans?

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I've decided it's time to stop being lazy and start doing something, but I'm clueless about making my own workout and diet plans. I'm not overweight by any means... 5'2" and about 125 lbs. But I really want to firm up and narrow down, and keep it that way. Be very lean but not grossly skinny.                      

I do know that cardio is a big deal, and my mother is actually giving me her treadmill (since it'll be winter soon and going for walks outside when it's freezing just isn't worth it to me).

But does anyone know a good workout plan other than that? I have 5 lb. weights and I know how to use them, but not in a way that would help me whittle down. I also need a good diet plan. I don't eat gross foods, but I'm not a health nut either.Anyone know anything on how to help out?

It's a good idea to work your core muscles a lot!

In general, I try to focus on flexibility, cardio, and muscular endurance.  (I'm not really interested in gaining too much muscle strength).

As for diet, I believe the best advice is "moderation."  

As long as you're consistently exercising (while allowing your muscles time to rest), I'm sure you'll see a difference.

It is good that you don't eat gross foods. I would say eat right along with regular exercise. Try to reduce the intake of sugar and salt. Also don't eat rice after 7 pm and avoid late night snacking.

I was 10 kgs heavier 2 months ago and it did not really suit my petite frame. My clothes did not fit me on top of it all. 

I was on low calorie diet for a few weeks and I combined it with intense cardio and weight lifting. I'm back to normal weight once again. :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Insanity and P90X are really good. Also if you visit bodybuilding.com (it's not just for bodybuilders, trust me!) it is like the BIBLE of workouts! they have a section where you can put in your sex, age, current weight, your fitness goals etc and they will suggest a complete workout plan for you (for free!) they even give you nutrition tips and meal plans as well. the workout plans are anywhere for 8-12 weeks and they show you pictures, videos and discrptions of each workout.

Originally Posted by missnaya /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Also if you visit bodybuilding.com (it's not just for bodybuilders, trust me!) it is like the BIBLE of workouts! they have a section where you can put in your sex, age, current weight, your fitness goals etc and they will suggest a complete workout plan for you (for free!) they even give you nutrition tips and meal plans as well. the workout plans are anywhere for 8-12 weeks and they show you pictures, videos and discrptions of each workout.
Exactly!! It's one of the best places to get info about your workout regiment. The videos are really helpful & they've got different sections for specific muscle groups (most helpful) because as a girl, I could care less about my chest and neck... guys, on the other hand probably go to failure.

Also, I've found that tracking my calorie intake is really helpful! There are a million apps out there but I use MyFitnessPal. Some may say that counting calories isn't worth it BUT it's more than that. It's about making sure your body is processing enough macros - are you getting enough fiber, enough protein, etc. There's such thing as too much of something & too little... making sure you've got a balanced diet is half the battle 
biggrin.gif

& by diet I don't mean eating a salad for breakfast, lunch & dinner - I'm referring to eating enough meats, drinking enough water, getting enough carbs (yes, there's such thing as good carbs) and even getting the "good" fats in your system.. anyway, GOOD LUCK!

I am 5.2 ft. 8 stones.  

My goal is 7 stones. less body fat. and look tighter. Definitely to look more like Jessica Biel !!! 

I will be doing:( this are just the basics)

exercise

Do not exercise after 9pm

• 3 times a week bike. 30-40mins
  • 4 times a week sit ups. 3 different sit ups techniques. this means 4 repetitions in each technique.(do it till it burns) rest 1 min in between each rep.
  • 2-3 times per week arm, leg and bum toning. 4 repetitions(do it till it burns) in each. rest 1 min each rep. 
food

eat every 3 hours. Do have breakfast! Do not eat late! 

• Meat (protein) 
  • Salad
  • Veg
  • Water
  • lower pasta,bread
My other helping hand 

• Menova slimming herb (It works without exercise) removes anxiety to eat. 

Every 7700 Kcal you burn, you lose 1kg of weight, just calculate how much you have to burn.

But the core important thing is: controlling your mind not to eat much sweets.

Just exercise and exercise, there is someone look down women that "Do everything to lose weight but exercise"
bang.gif

For proper diet drink water with honey thats also helpful and regular exercise and yoga is good for weight loss.

By following a low glycemic eating plan you will maintain normal blood sugars levels witch keeps your body in a fat burning mode & combined with exercise will maintain & build lean muscle mass.  If you address only the symptom(your weight), you'll never permanently solve anything, and the weight gain cycle will continue.  Implementing a low glycemic way of life is a healthier way to maintain over all health and weight management.  Most diets are not sustainable, result in poor nutrition,  result in muscle & water loss & swift weight regain.   

Insanity and P90X are really good. Also if you visit bodybuilding.com (it's not just for bodybuilders, trust me!) it is like the BIBLE of workouts! they have a section where you can put in your sex, age, current weight, your fitness goals etc and they will suggest a complete workout plan for you (for free!) they even give you nutrition tips and meal plans as well. the workout plans are anywhere for 8-12 weeks and they show you pictures, videos and discrptions of each workout.
I started doing Insanity over a month ago and tightened up my diet. It's definitely a great workout programs but be careful when doing it. I got a shin splint and been on and off the program for over 2 weeks already. There are a lot of jumps of all sorts which is hard on knees and weak ankles.

When I was dieting I do regular exercises. I'd go stretching and then do brisk walking and jogga-walk. I also include lots of fluids in my diet and less calories too.

Originally Posted by Saad /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I've decided it's time to stop being lazy and start doing something, but I'm clueless about making my own workout and diet plans. I'm not overweight by any means... 5'2" and about 125 lbs. But I really want to firm up and narrow down, and keep it that way. Be very lean but not grossly skinny.                      

I do know that cardio is a big deal, and my mother is actually giving me her treadmill (since it'll be winter soon and going for walks outside when it's freezing just isn't worth it to me).

But does anyone know a good workout plan other than that? I have 5 lb. weights and I know how to use them, but not in a way that would help me whittle down. I also need a good diet plan. I don't eat gross foods, but I'm not a health nut either.Anyone know anything on how to help out?
Since you don't have weight to drop, I think working out is really all you'll need to concentrate on.  (That said, eating good clean foods is always a good idea. Do as I say and not as I do.)  

I've always believed that losing weight is 80% diet changes and 20% working out.  Maintaining weight (or getting leaner) is the opposite, 80% working out and 20% diet.  Most of that is true because working out doesn't loose as many calories as you think: 1 mile = 100 calories (give or take) whether you walk or run. So if you walk 3 miles and eat two oreos after, you've undone everything.  But you can "easily" cut out 500+ calories in a day by eating wisely.  So losing weight is in your diet, and keeping it off seems to be exercise.

The trick is to find something you'll enjoy doing: biking, running, yoga, dance, whatever!  It changes for me frankly. I ran regularly for years and loved that for a long time. Now you can't pay me to run - at least not regularly, I do sometimes go for a couple miles and dig it.  But now the idea of running 4 times a week feels like a chore.

I did weights at the gym for a couple years and followed workouts designed by Jillian Michaels that left me exhausted but also exhilarated.  

Currently? I do yoga and pole dancing (with a side of walking) which is very different from what I used to do. Neither are as purely aerobic as running or even weights, but it's what my heart enjoys right now. And, I can finally touch my toes and my lower back is so much loser. I have stronger abs and more upper-body strength than ever with the pole dancing.  I really suck at both compared to other women my age, but it fits my current state of mind and that's what matters: I show up and do it! Yoga has also taught me to engage muscles in my daily life in new ways which tickles me too.  I freaking get off the toilet different now!

So explore and find something you like so you will show up and do it.  If you do decide to stick with the treadmill/running, the Couch-to-5K program (google C25K) is a great way to break into running.  It's okay to repeat weeks on the program if you need to, it'll depend on your initial level of fitness.  Do get shoes that are good for running though - always best to find a running warehouse that'll analyze your gait but other than decent kicks (and a good bra if you're endowed like me!) you don't need much to start running.

And if you want to firm up, find a pole fitness class.  Trucking your body weight up a pole really tones you up in ways you'll never imagine!  It really is a total body workout and they focus hard on building a strong active core.  And it's cheeky and fun!

Back