Dare to Be: Minimal Beauty Challenge (07/17/2012 - 07/31/2012)

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Every once in awhile, sometimes we just need to go minimal so show us your minimal looks!

The rules:
  1. All entries must be your own original work.
  2. Include a piece of paper in your photo showing a sign that says something like "MUT: Dare To Be entry" so we know it's your own work.
  3. Entries inspired by another person please give credit where credit is due otherwise entry maybe disqualified.
  4. Photoshopping is not allowed with the exception of cropping and/or resizing.
  5. Limit one entry per person HOWEVER you may post more than one photo but only one maybe voted on.

Entry deadline for this Dare to Be challenge is 07/31/2012 at 8:59 PM Pacific (07/31/2012 11:59 PM Eastern).

The Prize:
Picking the challenge theme for the next Dare to Be as well as a mini-article based on an interview with the winner.

For my entry I kept my face really bare and paired a neutral lip with a slightly smokey eye. I wanted my face to look really bright and awake so I took the picture in front of a window where the sun was shining in 
smile.gif

I used:

L'oreal Magic Lumi primer

L'oreal true match foundation Porcelain

Urban Decay Darkhorse & Verve eye shadows

Covergirl Lash blast mascara

L'oreal true match blush in Peach

Revlon Just Bitten Kissable Balm stain in Rendezvous

When I think of minimal makeup, I think about hiding minor flaws while staying true to my natural coloring as much as possible.  I used a BB cream as a base to conceal my blemishes, a clear satin balm to stay true to my lip color, eyeshadow that resembles the coloring on my eyelids, a soft touch of blush and highlighter, and a lighter mascara.

Edit:  I just realized the new sign requirement.  Is that needed?

Originally Posted by eLLah /img/forum/go_quote.gif

:( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> Too late for me, I just saw this today! Boooh! Maybe 2 weeks is too short for the contests?
I'm guessing if you turned it in today, no one would mind.  :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

I think two weeks is a decent amount of time, but we just need to make the threads more popular so more people can see them right at the beginning. 

Back