-->

Welcome Guest to MakeupTalk

Welcome to MakeupTalk, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be apart of MakeupTalk by signing in or creating an account.
  • Start new topics and reply to others in our MakeupTalk Forums
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get notification & email updates
  • Get your personal profile page and make new friends in our Community
  • Submit your reviews about Makeup Products and get feedback from other users
  • Send personal messages to other members

Sponsor

Recent Images In This Topic/Thread

No Images in this topic

Sponsors

Become a Forum Sponsor!
Photo

Best foundation brush?

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#Post 1 of 7 OFFLINE   lizzie123

lizzie123

Novice

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 154 posts
  • Joined 25-March 12
Reviews

Posted 01 August 2012 - 08:51 PM

i recently just purchased my first liquid foundation from Mac and I'm having some trouble on what kind of foundation brush to purchase.I heard that a stippling brush is perfect for applying foundation but i need some more opinions as to what brand. I own a dupe beauty blender can that be used to apply foundation? i just need suggestions.

*i am willing to swap for a brush!

#Post 2 of 7 OFFLINE   DreamWarrior

DreamWarrior

Aficionado

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,344 posts
  • Joined 17-March 11
Reviews

Posted 02 August 2012 - 06:31 AM

I prefer to use a flat synthetic foundation brush to apply liquid foundation, then blend it out with either a beauty blender or stipple brush or sponge (depends on what is readily available). 

In regards to which brand... I suggest shopping for the brushes and actually touching them to see how you feel about them... some people prefer a stiffer brush and some like 'em supper soft... it's personal preference.

I got my brush from Sephora... in one of their travel kits and it turned out to my favorite.

Good luck!

#Post 3 of 7 OFFLINE   linabunnie

linabunnie

Buff

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 583 posts
  • Joined 12-April 12
Reviews

Posted 02 August 2012 - 06:55 AM

Ahhhh, I looove brushes lol I use the 187 & like it ALOT better then the 190. Heres why (my opinion)... The 190 is ok for applying but not to blend. I tend to get brush streaks when using only this. The 187 is great for applying and blending, a win win! lol Just make sure you wash the brush before using it to prevent shedding. Good Luck!

#Post 4 of 7 OFFLINE   KatieM12

KatieM12

Novice

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 57 posts
  • Joined 13-July 12
Reviews

Posted 19 August 2012 - 06:02 AM

I love flat top kabuki brushes for my foundation! I have a knock off beauty blender that works great too but i prefer the brush. mine is the F80 from Sigma and It rocks!

#Post 5 of 7 OFFLINE   CaptainSassy

CaptainSassy

Novice

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 176 posts
  • Joined 02-July 12
Reviews

Posted 19 August 2012 - 06:08 AM

I have several that I use. All are synthetic but like another poster said, I blend it out with my sponge. Makes it very smooth and a little less streaky on my cheeks. I have flat, stippling and rounded head ones. The rounded ones I find blend a bit better than a flat one.

#Post 6 of 7 OFFLINE   EricaD

EricaD

Novice

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 90 posts
  • Joined 10-May 12
Reviews

Posted 19 August 2012 - 10:56 AM

Real Techniques stipple brush! It's only $10, and it's awesome. Honestly, the first day I used it, I got complements on my skin, both from people who see me every day and saw a difference, and from a stranger. I only stipple with it, not the stipple-then-buff thing a lot of people do. I don't see the point of stippling if you're going to buff it out, but your face isn't my face, so play around and see what works.

#Post 7 of 7 OFFLINE   janesmith

janesmith

Trainee

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
  • Joined 12-July 12
Reviews

Posted 24 August 2012 - 07:57 PM

synthetic foundation brush with flat bristles