-->

Welcome to MakeupTalk

Sign In  Log in with Facebook

Create Account
Welcome to MakeupTalk, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be apart of MakeupTalk by signing in or creating an account.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.

Guest Message by DevFuse

Sponsor

Recent Images In This Topic/Thread

No Images in this topic
Photo

Best foundation brush?

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#Post 1 of 7 OFFLINE   lizzie123

lizzie123

Novice

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 154 posts
  • Joined 25-March 12
Reviews

Posted 01 August 2012 - 08:51 PM

i recently just purchased my first liquid foundation from Mac and I'm having some trouble on what kind of foundation brush to purchase.I heard that a stippling brush is perfect for applying foundation but i need some more opinions as to what brand. I own a dupe beauty blender can that be used to apply foundation? i just need suggestions.

*i am willing to swap for a brush!

#Post 2 of 7 OFFLINE   DreamWarrior

DreamWarrior

Aficionado

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,344 posts
  • Joined 17-March 11
Reviews

Posted 02 August 2012 - 06:31 AM

I prefer to use a flat synthetic foundation brush to apply liquid foundation, then blend it out with either a beauty blender or stipple brush or sponge (depends on what is readily available). 

In regards to which brand... I suggest shopping for the brushes and actually touching them to see how you feel about them... some people prefer a stiffer brush and some like 'em supper soft... it's personal preference.

I got my brush from Sephora... in one of their travel kits and it turned out to my favorite.

Good luck!

#Post 3 of 7 OFFLINE   linabunnie

linabunnie

Buff

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 577 posts
  • Joined 12-April 12
Reviews

Posted 02 August 2012 - 06:55 AM

Ahhhh, I looove brushes lol I use the 187 & like it ALOT better then the 190. Heres why (my opinion)... The 190 is ok for applying but not to blend. I tend to get brush streaks when using only this. The 187 is great for applying and blending, a win win! lol Just make sure you wash the brush before using it to prevent shedding. Good Luck!

#Post 4 of 7 OFFLINE   KatieM12

KatieM12

Novice

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 57 posts
  • Joined 13-July 12
Reviews

Posted 19 August 2012 - 06:02 AM

I love flat top kabuki brushes for my foundation! I have a knock off beauty blender that works great too but i prefer the brush. mine is the F80 from Sigma and It rocks!

#Post 5 of 7 OFFLINE   CaptainSassy

CaptainSassy

Novice

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 176 posts
  • Joined 02-July 12
Reviews

Posted 19 August 2012 - 06:08 AM

I have several that I use. All are synthetic but like another poster said, I blend it out with my sponge. Makes it very smooth and a little less streaky on my cheeks. I have flat, stippling and rounded head ones. The rounded ones I find blend a bit better than a flat one.

#Post 6 of 7 OFFLINE   EricaD

EricaD

Novice

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 82 posts
  • Joined 10-May 12
Reviews

Posted 19 August 2012 - 10:56 AM

Real Techniques stipple brush! It's only $10, and it's awesome. Honestly, the first day I used it, I got complements on my skin, both from people who see me every day and saw a difference, and from a stranger. I only stipple with it, not the stipple-then-buff thing a lot of people do. I don't see the point of stippling if you're going to buff it out, but your face isn't my face, so play around and see what works.

#Post 7 of 7 OFFLINE   janesmith

janesmith

Trainee

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
  • Joined 12-July 12
Reviews

Posted 24 August 2012 - 07:57 PM

synthetic foundation brush with flat bristles