CPNA/IMATS: Shany Cosmetics (part 1)

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
CPNA/IMATS: Shany Cosmetics (part 1)  

My first encounter with Shany Cosmetics was at the International Makeup Artists Trade Show (IMATS) in Los Angeles this past June. I along with the team from Makeup Talk came across their booth on the last day of IMATS. We had the pleasure of talking to Payam who is the CEO and Founder of Shany Cosmetics.

Unfortunately I didn't have my camera out that day at IMATS, least not at the time we were visiting his booth, but they were swamped when we paid them a visit. Payam was kind enough to give each of us two bags filled with their products which I'm still testing to do a future review. I'm really impressed by his products and the price point of the products. Yes, the products are very similar to those of BH Cosmetics (which I currently use) and Coastal Scents (which I've used) but Shany Cosmetics offers different items that neither Coastal Scents nor BH Cosmetics offer such as nail stamp plates, hair feathers (faux feathers I should mention), nail art supplies and so much more.

Shany Cosmetics new website is under construction as of this post and currently orders are fulfilled by Amazon.com. Disclaimer: The items I'm listing were given to me for my own personal use and I will have more detailed reviews at a later time.

The Masterpiece 7 Layers All-In-One Makeup Set $59.95

This bad baby is a must have if you want an all-in-one kit because there are seven trays with different products. Four trays are eyeshadows and each tray has 28 different colors for a total of 112 shadows. One tray is lip glosses another tray concealers and foundations while the last tray are blushes. The downside to this set is that it's not very portable due to the weight, I'm not sure how many pounds it weighs but I'm guessing it's about three pounds.

Amber Peach Contour and Blush Palette for Light and Medium Complexion $13.95

The problem I encountered with this item is that it's not labeled what it is, in fact not on the shadow palettes are labeled unlike BH Cosmetics or Coastal Scents palettes luckily I realized what it was but for those who don't use these types of palettes I think they might find it confusing that it's not labeled on the box or the back of the palette.

There is a second palette - Shany Cosmetics Rosebud Contour and Blush Palette for Medium and Dark Complexion - that I saw at CPNA that I like the blushes in it more than in the palette for light and medium complexions.

Shany Natural Fusion Eyeshadow Palette $15.95

This is their version of an 88 palette and is very similar to BH Cosmetics 88 Color Neutral Palette ($24.95) and Coastal Scent's Warm Palette ($24.95). I haven't really played with this and compared it to my other palette but I will have by the time I do my full review of it.

I was also given two brush sets at IMATS the first was the Shany Cosmetics NY Collection Pro Brush Kit - 22 piece animal bristles and the second was the Shany Cosmetics NY Collection Pro Brush Kit - 22 pieces synthetic. I haven't used the brushes from the synthetic line but I have used the brushes made from goat and sable fur because that's actually really similar to the brushes I received from Morphé Brushes. The quality of those brushes are on par with the Morphé Brushes that so far I can't distinguish any real differences other than price.

NY Collection Pro Brush Kit $119.95

NY Collection Pro Brush Kit $39.99

(I'll have to edit this post and add the images later since apparently I didn't take pictures of either one.)

The Cosmopolitan Nail Polish Set #1 $29.95

Shany Nail Art Set #1 $25

Each set contains 24 bottles of polishes and what was pointed out to me by another blogger was that the colors in nail polishes and the colors in the nail art sets are exactly the same thing! This was was fine by me because the purple in my nail art set broke on the way home from Los Angeles so now that I know the purple in the nail polish set is the same I can use the brush from the nail art with that one when needed or if I need to.

I don't know if you can see it in this picture but the bottom of the nail art bottle has a hole in it BUT the way it was packaged the polish that leaked out formed a seal however I have to be VERY careful with that bottle because one wrong move and the bottom will completely break off.

Shany Cosmetics also has LOTS of nail art supplies including brushes, dotting and marbling tools even nail stampers and nail stamp plates. At IMATS I was given several items and while I was given the stamp plates I wasn't given a stamper, good thing I already own a Konad Art Set ($26) but at CPNA I was given the stamper.

Shany Professional Nail Brush Set $4.99

Shany 2 Way Dotting and Marbling Nail Art Set $11.98

Shany Acrylic Nail Brush Sets with Pouch $7.99

I threw out all the plastic pouches because it's such a hassle to pull the brushes out each time to use, instead I have these stored in a cheap 50¢ pencil box since it's easier to store and pull out.

SHANY 2012 Nail Art Polish Stamp Manicure Image Plates set of 25pcs $11.99

I haven't used these plates yet but all 25 plates have different designs and judging by the fact this is listed as their 2012 plates I'm guessing there will be more plates released next year.

What I wasn't given until CPNA was their Shany Stamping Nail Art Set $4.99. Come to think of it I have yet to take pictures of any of the items given to me at CPNA other than the Zebra Rolling Trolley ($149.95) (which TSA and/or Delta broke and will have the full story on that in another blog entry). Thankfully Delta did send me a check for the amount of the trolly so I AM replacing it with another one from Shany. While the trolly was given to me for free the fact is I have to replace it out of my own pocket so I filed a report with Delta and they sent me a check after I sent them over 30 pictures showing the damage done not only to the trolly but also to several products.

​

My trolly the day I got it (left), trolly at hotel before heading to the airport (right).​

My trolly the very next day once I got home from CPNA. More images on my Facebook wall.

More images from Cosmoprof North America 2012 in Las Vegas.

As for the quality of the products. The quality is on par with Coastal Scents and BH Cosmetics but again I haven't fully tested out all the products given to me so it's highly possibly like BH Cosmetics and Coastal Scents some of the products will be a hit and some will be a miss.

What a nice write up! That's too bad about your trolly, but thankfully you were compensated! I don't have first hand experience using Shany products myself, but did purchase a brush kit as a gift for a friend. She reported to me that she really enjoys them and they're a go to in her makeup application! I believe I bought a synthetic hair set, with red brush handles. She's been using them for well over a year and they're holding up great. Money well spent, I'd say. ;) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

I like the way those nail dotting and marbling sets look.

Great writeup on everything. Looks like it would be so amazing to go to.

Back