-->

Welcome to MakeupTalk

Sign In  Log in with Facebook

Create Account
Welcome to MakeupTalk, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be apart of MakeupTalk by signing in or creating an account.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.

Guest Message by DevFuse

Sponsor

Recent Images In This Topic/Thread

Photo

What companies have you gotten samples from?

2987 replies to this topic

#Post 1 of 2988 OFFLINE   Lisa N

Lisa N

Buff

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 444 posts
  • Joined 09-May 12
Reviews

Posted 14 August 2012 - 05:51 AM

In one of the August Birchbox threads, someone asked that a tread get started with all the companies that have sent free samples when asked.  Here's a list of some of mine:

dirt.

Coola - Some people were told no

Supergoop

Jouer

Melvita - Some people were told no

Manna Kadar

One Love Organics - $3.95 for "discovery kit"

Boscia - Pay $2.50 for s/h

Suki - I was told I had to buy, some were sent for free

Amika - $9.95 for 3 items

• sweetbeauty2 likes this

#Post 2 of 2988 OFFLINE   Jackieblue

Jackieblue

Chic Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 411 posts
  • Joined 06-June 12
Reviews

Posted 14 August 2012 - 06:29 AM

Miss Jessie's (I got 3 samples but I hear they give 2 now)

Juliette Has A Gun (not free, but a discovery vial kit lets you try one of everything. Depending on the exchange rate that day it's about $11)  They will refund the amount of the kit if you buy from them after. There is a perfume I *really* want, too. Pricey but I may end up getting the "purse bullet" because I love the fragrance and it's a cool way to carry it.

"Beauty is being the best possible version of yourself on the inside and outside." -Unknown

#Post 3 of 2988 OFFLINE   Hellocat4

Hellocat4

Buff

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 508 posts
  • Joined 04-January 12
Reviews

Posted 14 August 2012 - 06:29 AM

MAD skincare.  You just have to send them an e-mail, and they will send 3 different samples in a small container w/ a pump.

• ahannlv likes this

#Post 4 of 2988 OFFLINE   OiiO

OiiO

✿ Anastasia ✿

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,436 posts
  • Joined 06-June 12
Reviews

Posted 14 August 2012 - 06:34 AM

NeoStrata sent me a nice pouch literally packed with samples, some were big deluxe sized ones.

blog: Glamorable! // twitter: @GlamorableBlog // instagram: @Glamorable

#Post 5 of 2988 OFFLINE   Hellocat4

Hellocat4

Buff

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 508 posts
  • Joined 04-January 12
Reviews

Posted 14 August 2012 - 06:36 AM

Also forgot to mention Dr. Ci:Labo.  I signed up, and they claim they are sending me out a starter sampler kit.

#Post 6 of 2988 OFFLINE   Lisa N

Lisa N

Buff

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 444 posts
  • Joined 09-May 12
Reviews

Posted 14 August 2012 - 07:57 AM

I forgot that I've also gotten Miss Jessie's, Juliette Has a Gun (so not my scent) and MAD.  That's some great stuff from NeoStrata!

#Post 7 of 2988 OFFLINE   katie danielle

katie danielle

Aficionado

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,332 posts
  • Joined 25-July 12
Reviews

Posted 14 August 2012 - 08:06 AM

I've emailed the following companies and they've said they will send me free samples:

• Gloss (info@glossmoderne.com) - They said they will send me free samples of the High-Gloss Masque and High-Gloss Serum. Still waiting for this.
  • Boscia (you have to call them to place your order: 1.888.635.8884.) - For $2.50 Shipping and Handling I received the Detoxifying Black Cleanser sample packette, Purifying Cleansing Gel Sample, Oil-free Daily Hydration SPF 15,

Oil-free Nightly Hydration Sample, B.B. Cream SPF 27 PA++ Sample, Enlivening Amino-AG Eye Treatment Sample and the Vital Daily Moisture SPF 15 Sample.

• Suki (customerservice@sukiskincare.com) - They asked me what kind of skin I have and then sent me a bunch (like 10) free samples.

• Ada (service@adacosmetics.com) - Sent me two full sample size peach bronzers. They will last forever.

• Dirt (lisa@dirtbeaute.com) - Very nice, said they will send me samples. Still waiting.

• Jouer (customerservice@jouercosmetics.com) - Sent me two little lip gloss samples along with a decent size lip enhancer and a Body Glow sample for free.

• Manna Kadar (kayla@mannakadarcosmetics.com) - They sent a tiny little dot of the sheer glo stuff along with a 20% off coupon for their store. Seriously, the sample was ridiculously small inside a big jar.

The following companies do not give out free samples:

• Harvey Prince - You have to buy their sample perfumes for $12 each, but they are a decent size.
  • Stila - Very nice, but said they didn't have any samples to give out. Said that you can usually get some when you purchase from their store. 
  • Laura Geller - Said they don't have any samples, but to check back occassionally.
  • Arquiste - Said they haven't established a sample shipping program yet.
  • Ahava

• thepaintedlady likes this

#Post 8 of 2988 OFFLINE   Jackieblue

Jackieblue

Chic Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 411 posts
  • Joined 06-June 12
Reviews

Posted 14 August 2012 - 08:17 AM

Originally Posted by Lisa N View Post

I forgot that I've also gotten Miss Jessie's, Juliette Has a Gun (so not my scent) and MAD.  That's some great stuff from NeoStrata!

Wow, you didn't find any of the scents in the whole pack you liked? That's too bad. I thought there was an amazing range of fragrances in there. One I LOVE, one I like for day or early hockey mom mornings, most were just all right, and one was really, truly awful on me. Just nasty. They were interesting because they all smelled different 1. In the vial, 2. on my skin, and then 3.after they actually dried on my skin. These were definitely not the type of perfumes I could sniff in the vial and decide.

I wish I had more to trade because if people truly don't like/want them I'd like to collect more of the one that I really love (and maybe the other I just like)! I think I will have to buy at least the one because I will really miss it when it's out.

"Beauty is being the best possible version of yourself on the inside and outside." -Unknown

#Post 9 of 2988 OFFLINE   astokes

astokes

Buff

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 600 posts
  • Joined 10-March 12
Reviews

Posted 14 August 2012 - 08:23 AM

Originally Posted by Jackieblue View Post

Quote:

Wow, you didn't find any of the scents in the whole pack you liked? That's too bad. I thought there was an amazing range of fragrances in there. One I LOVE, one I like for day or early hockey mom mornings, most were just all right, and one was really, truly awful on me. Just nasty. They were interesting because they all smelled different 1. In the vial, 2. on my skin, and then 3.after they actually dried on my skin. These were definitely not the type of perfumes I could sniff in the vial and decide.

I wish I had more to trade because if people truly don't like/want them I'd like to collect more of the one that I really love (and maybe the other I just like)! I think I will have to buy at least the one because I will really miss it when it's out.

Was it Midnight Oud? Lol That's the only one I hated, love ALL the others though. Definitely worth it, I think I found my favorite perfume brand. : )

#Post 10 of 2988 OFFLINE   katie danielle

katie danielle

Aficionado

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,332 posts
  • Joined 25-July 12
Reviews

Posted 14 August 2012 - 08:30 AM

How do you get the Juliette samples? I'm dying to try them!

#Post 11 of 2988 OFFLINE   katie danielle

katie danielle

Aficionado

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,332 posts
  • Joined 25-July 12
Reviews

Posted 14 August 2012 - 08:33 AM

Juliette Has A Gun (not free, but a discovery vial kit lets you try one of everything. Depending on the exchange rate that day it's about $11)  They will refund the amount of the kit if you buy from them after. There is a perfume I *really* want, too. Pricey but I may end up getting the "purse bullet" because I love the fragrance and it's a cool way to carry it.

How did you get the discovery vial kit?

#Post 12 of 2988 OFFLINE   katie danielle

katie danielle

Aficionado

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,332 posts
  • Joined 25-July 12
Reviews

Posted 14 August 2012 - 08:33 AM

#Post 13 of 2988 OFFLINE   astokes

astokes

Buff

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 600 posts
  • Joined 10-March 12
Reviews

Posted 14 August 2012 - 08:39 AM

Originally Posted by katie danielle View Post

Quote:

http://www.juliettehasagun.com/

Go to the e-shop tab. Purchase the "Discovery kit of 8 vials"

#Post 14 of 2988 OFFLINE   katie danielle

katie danielle

Aficionado

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,332 posts
  • Joined 25-July 12
Reviews

Posted 14 August 2012 - 08:43 AM

Originally Posted by astokes View Post

http://www.juliettehasagun.com/

Go to the e-shop tab. Purchase the "Discovery kit of 8 vials"

Thanks! Did it take a long time to get to you since it's international?

#Post 15 of 2988 OFFLINE   Mandy Kane

Mandy Kane

Buff

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 575 posts
  • Joined 31-May 12
Reviews

Posted 14 August 2012 - 08:47 AM

I've emailed the following companies and they've said they will send me free samples:

• Gloss (info@glossmoderne.com) - They said they will send me free samples of the High-Gloss Masque and High-Gloss Serum. Still waiting for this.
  • Boscia (you have to call them to place your order: 1.888.635.8884.) - For $2.50 Shipping and Handling I received the Detoxifying Black Cleanser sample packette, Purifying Cleansing Gel Sample, Oil-free Daily Hydration SPF 15,

Oil-free Nightly Hydration Sample, B.B. Cream SPF 27 PA++ Sample, Enlivening Amino-AG Eye Treatment Sample and the Vital Daily Moisture SPF 15 Sample.

• Suki (customerservice@sukiskincare.com) - They asked me what kind of skin I have and then sent me a bunch (like 10) free samples.

• Ada (service@adacosmetics.com) - Sent me two full sample size peach bronzers. They will last forever.

• Dirt (lisa@dirtbeaute.com) - Very nice, said they will send me samples. Still waiting.

• Jouer (customerservice@jouercosmetics.com) - Sent me two little lip gloss samples along with a decent size lip enhancer and a Body Glow sample for free.

• Manna Kadar (kayla@mannakadarcosmetics.com) - They sent a tiny little dot of the sheer glo stuff along with a 20% off coupon for their store. Seriously, the sample was ridiculously small inside a big jar.

• Harvey Prince - You have to buy their sample perfumes for $12 each, but they are a decent size.
  • Stila - Very nice, but said they didn't have any samples to give out. Said that you can usually get some when you purchase from their store. 
  • Laura Geller - Said they don't have any samples, but to check back occassionally.
  • Ahava

Also: DDF is a no go, and Wei has samples on their website free with a purchase- so I didn't even bother with them. Thanks for the info! This is a great thread! 

#Post 16 of 2988 OFFLINE   kcrowebird

kcrowebird

Devotee

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 229 posts
  • Joined 10-April 12
Reviews

Posted 14 August 2012 - 08:55 AM

Thanks! Did it take a long time to get to you since it's international?

it took 3 days for mine. AWESOME.

#Post 17 of 2988 OFFLINE   Mandy Kane

Mandy Kane

Buff

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 575 posts
  • Joined 31-May 12
Reviews

Posted 14 August 2012 - 09:11 AM

Hey I emailed Dr T's Supergoop and they let me know about this giveaway on their facebook- you have to like their post and if they get 100 likes they give those 100 people free sample of their sunscreen serum. 

http://www.facebook.com/supergoop

it's been up an hour and only 20 people have liked it- hurry!

• OiiO and katie danielle like this

#Post 18 of 2988 OFFLINE   OiiO

OiiO

✿ Anastasia ✿

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,436 posts
  • Joined 06-June 12
Reviews

Posted 14 August 2012 - 09:16 AM

Originally Posted by Mandy Kane View Post

Hey I emailed Dr T's Supergoop and they let me know about this giveaway on their facebook- you have to like their post and if they get 100 likes they give those 100 people free sample of their sunscreen serum. 

Wow thank you, I just went and liked it! I would love to try that serum :)

blog: Glamorable! // twitter: @GlamorableBlog // instagram: @Glamorable

#Post 19 of 2988 OFFLINE   Lisa N

Lisa N

Buff

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 444 posts
  • Joined 09-May 12
Reviews

Posted 14 August 2012 - 09:41 AM

Originally Posted by astokes View Post

Was it Midnight Oud? Lol That's the only one I hated, love ALL the others though. Definitely worth it, I think I found my favorite perfume brand. : )

OMG I'm glad it's not just me.  I hated that one!  Not a fan of Calamity J either.  I have a few of them on my trade list.

I like the Vengeance scents, but so far only one of them doesn't smell weird on me.  That's how it goes I guess, like Angel, my sister in law loves it, on me it's bug spray.

• Ahava

I forgot that I e-mailed Ada, but I haven't heard back from them yet.

#Post 20 of 2988 OFFLINE   katie danielle

katie danielle

Aficionado

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,332 posts
  • Joined 25-July 12
Reviews

Posted 14 August 2012 - 09:47 AM

Originally Posted by Mandy Kane View Post

Thanks for sharing! I liked the status before they reached 100, I hope they were keeping track because now over 100 people like it, so how will they be able to tell who was first?