• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to MakeUp Talk and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

What companies have you gotten samples from?

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
In one of the August Birchbox threads, someone asked that a tread get started with all the companies that have sent free samples when asked.  Here's a list of some of mine:

dirt.

Coola - Some people were told no

Supergoop

Jouer

Melvita - Some people were told no

Manna Kadar

One Love Organics - $3.95 for "discovery kit"

Boscia - Pay $2.50 for s/h

Suki - I was told I had to buy, some were sent for free

Amika - $9.95 for 3 items

Miss Jessie's (I got 3 samples but I hear they give 2 now)

Juliette Has A Gun (not free, but a discovery vial kit lets you try one of everything. Depending on the exchange rate that day it's about $11)  They will refund the amount of the kit if you buy from them after. There is a perfume I *really* want, too. Pricey but I may end up getting the "purse bullet" because I love the fragrance and it's a cool way to carry it.

NeoStrata sent me a nice pouch literally packed with samples, some were big deluxe sized ones.

media

I forgot that I've also gotten Miss Jessie's, Juliette Has a Gun (so not my scent) and MAD.  That's some great stuff from NeoStrata!

I've emailed the following companies and they've said they will send me free samples:

• Gloss ([email protected]) - They said they will send me free samples of the High-Gloss Masque and High-Gloss Serum. Still waiting for this.
  • Boscia (you have to call them to place your order: 1.888.635.8884.) - For $2.50 Shipping and Handling I received the Detoxifying Black Cleanser sample packette, Purifying Cleansing Gel Sample, Oil-free Daily Hydration SPF 15, Oil-free Nightly Hydration Sample, B.B. Cream SPF 27 PA++ Sample, Enlivening Amino-AG Eye Treatment Sample and the Vital Daily Moisture SPF 15 Sample.
  • Suki ([email protected]) - They asked me what kind of skin I have and then sent me a bunch (like 10) free samples.
  • Ada ([email protected]) - Sent me two full sample size peach bronzers. They will last forever.
  • Dirt ([email protected]) - Very nice, said they will send me samples. Still waiting.
  • Jouer ([email protected]) - Sent me two little lip gloss samples along with a decent size lip enhancer and a Body Glow sample for free.
  • Manna Kadar ([email protected]) - They sent a tiny little dot of the sheer glo stuff along with a 20% off coupon for their store. Seriously, the sample was ridiculously small inside a big jar.

The following companies do not give out free samples:

• Harvey Prince - You have to buy their sample perfumes for $12 each, but they are a decent size.
  • Stila - Very nice, but said they didn't have any samples to give out. Said that you can usually get some when you purchase from their store. 
  • Laura Geller - Said they don't have any samples, but to check back occassionally.
  • Arquiste - Said they haven't established a sample shipping program yet.
  • Ahava

Originally Posted by Lisa N /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I forgot that I've also gotten Miss Jessie's, Juliette Has a Gun (so not my scent) and MAD.  That's some great stuff from NeoStrata!
Wow, you didn't find any of the scents in the whole pack you liked? That's too bad. I thought there was an amazing range of fragrances in there. One I LOVE, one I like for day or early hockey mom mornings, most were just all right, and one was really, truly awful on me. Just nasty. They were interesting because they all smelled different 1. In the vial, 2. on my skin, and then 3.after they actually dried on my skin. These were definitely not the type of perfumes I could sniff in the vial and decide.

I wish I had more to trade because if people truly don't like/want them I'd like to collect more of the one that I really love (and maybe the other I just like)! I think I will have to buy at least the one because I will really miss it when it's out.

Originally Posted by Jackieblue /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Quote: Originally Posted by Lisa N /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Wow, you didn't find any of the scents in the whole pack you liked? That's too bad. I thought there was an amazing range of fragrances in there. One I LOVE, one I like for day or early hockey mom mornings, most were just all right, and one was really, truly awful on me. Just nasty. They were interesting because they all smelled different 1. In the vial, 2. on my skin, and then 3.after they actually dried on my skin. These were definitely not the type of perfumes I could sniff in the vial and decide.

I wish I had more to trade because if people truly don't like/want them I'd like to collect more of the one that I really love (and maybe the other I just like)! I think I will have to buy at least the one because I will really miss it when it's out.

Was it Midnight Oud? Lol That's the only one I hated, love ALL the others though. Definitely worth it, I think I found my favorite perfume brand. : )

Originally Posted by Lisa N /img/forum/go_quote.gif

How do you get the Juliette samples? I'm dying to try them!

Juliette Has A Gun (not free, but a discovery vial kit lets you try one of everything. Depending on the exchange rate that day it's about $11)  They will refund the amount of the kit if you buy from them after. There is a perfume I *really* want, too. Pricey but I may end up getting the "purse bullet" because I love the fragrance and it's a cool way to carry it.
How did you get the discovery vial kit?

Originally Posted by katie danielle /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Quote: Originally Posted by Jackieblue /img/forum/go_quote.gif

http://www.juliettehasagun.com/

Go to the e-shop tab. Purchase the "Discovery kit of 8 vials"

I've emailed the following companies and they've said they will send me free samples:

• Gloss ([email protected]) - They said they will send me free samples of the High-Gloss Masque and High-Gloss Serum. Still waiting for this.
  • Boscia (you have to call them to place your order: 1.888.635.8884.) - For $2.50 Shipping and Handling I received the Detoxifying Black Cleanser sample packette, Purifying Cleansing Gel Sample, Oil-free Daily Hydration SPF 15, Oil-free Nightly Hydration Sample, B.B. Cream SPF 27 PA++ Sample, Enlivening Amino-AG Eye Treatment Sample and the Vital Daily Moisture SPF 15 Sample.
  • Suki ([email protected]) - They asked me what kind of skin I have and then sent me a bunch (like 10) free samples.
  • Ada ([email protected]) - Sent me two full sample size peach bronzers. They will last forever.
  • Dirt ([email protected]) - Very nice, said they will send me samples. Still waiting.
  • Jouer ([email protected]) - Sent me two little lip gloss samples along with a decent size lip enhancer and a Body Glow sample for free.
  • Manna Kadar ([email protected]) - They sent a tiny little dot of the sheer glo stuff along with a 20% off coupon for their store. Seriously, the sample was ridiculously small inside a big jar.

• Harvey Prince - You have to buy their sample perfumes for $12 each, but they are a decent size.
  • Stila - Very nice, but said they didn't have any samples to give out. Said that you can usually get some when you purchase from their store. 
  • Laura Geller - Said they don't have any samples, but to check back occassionally.
  • Ahava
Also: DDF is a no go, and Wei has samples on their website free with a purchase- so I didn't even bother with them. Thanks for the info! This is a great thread! 

Thanks! Did it take a long time to get to you since it's international?
it took 3 days for mine. AWESOME.

Originally Posted by Mandy Kane /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Hey I emailed Dr T's Supergoop and they let me know about this giveaway on their facebook- you have to like their post and if they get 100 likes they give those 100 people free sample of their sunscreen serum. 

http://www.facebook.com/supergoop

it's been up an hour and only 20 people have liked it- hurry!
Wow thank you, I just went and liked it! I would love to try that serum :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Originally Posted by astokes /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Was it Midnight Oud? Lol That's the only one I hated, love ALL the others though. Definitely worth it, I think I found my favorite perfume brand. : )
OMG I'm glad it's not just me.  I hated that one!  Not a fan of Calamity J either.  I have a few of them on my trade list.

I like the Vengeance scents, but so far only one of them doesn't smell weird on me.  That's how it goes I guess, like Angel, my sister in law loves it, on me it's bug spray.

• Ahava
I forgot that I e-mailed Ada, but I haven't heard back from them yet.

Originally Posted by Mandy Kane /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Hey I emailed Dr T's Supergoop and they let me know about this giveaway on their facebook- you have to like their post and if they get 100 likes they give those 100 people free sample of their sunscreen serum. 

http://www.facebook.com/supergoop

it's been up an hour and only 20 people have liked it- hurry!
Thanks for sharing! I liked the status before they reached 100, I hope they were keeping track because now over 100 people like it, so how will they be able to tell who was first?

Latest posts

Back