Which makeup pic makes me look older and how old do you think I am?

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hi to all at MUtalk forum.

I am new here, but I would really appreciate some thoughts. I am about to get divorced and I would like to know what I could do to get back into the dating scene. It's difficult as it's been a while.

Please look at my photos and let me know how old you think I look and which make-up is flattering?

Thanks,

Suzie

Hi Suzie! Welcome to Makeup Talk!

As far as guessing your age, no offense to you but I'm gonna stay away from that question. That's just a touchy topic. I think you look amazing and your makeup looks great as well. :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

I think you look fabulous. I do have a few suggestions... Pulling your hair back like that give the impression you are older. Wearing glasses low on your face also gives you a librarian look. Contact lenses would show off your pretty eyes. My guess is 36.

I think you look the youngest in the last pic. Maybe not the "Best", as you don't appear to have on full makeup, but you definitely look younger there.

A dark lip always , to me, makes the wearer look older. It may just be that , that your lipstick is darker in the other pics.

And I fully understand the glasses. Some days the eyes just won't tolerate contacts, and nothing would make  one look older than lines from squinting all the time when you can't see !
screams.gif

The second and third picture especially appeal to me. I would push those glasses back up on your nose. I associate glasses on the end of the nose with our older ladies and you just don't fit that. I would also let your hair down or if you are going to do an up-do make it more fluffy. The headbands aren't doing you justice. You are a truly beautiful woman and should make the most of all of your possibilities. I don't think you will have a problem in the dating scene. You are very lovely and look feminine.

Hi Suzie!

First thing i will say is that you are so pretty :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

I think losing that heaband and wearing your hair down will look amazing on you. I agree with all of the replies so far, your glasses are too low which makes you look a little older.

As for makeup, a smoky eye always makes the person look young and sultry. Wether its a soft smokey look for the day using browns, pinks and purples or a heavier smokey eye for the night maybe using chocolate browns, bordeux, silver and blacks and gloss or light shade of lipstick....It will look beautiful on you :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Originally Posted by Dalylah /img/forum/go_quote.gif

The second and third picture especially appeal to me. I would push those glasses back up on your nose. I associate glasses on the end of the nose with our older ladies and you just don't fit that. I would also let your hair down or if you are going to do an up-do make it more fluffy. The headbands aren't doing you justice. You are a truly beautiful woman and should make the most of all of your possibilities. I don't think you will have a problem in the dating scene. You are very lovely and look feminine.
Completely agree, and my guess for age is late 20s to early 30s.

Gosh thanks for all your constructive opinions they are just what I needed. I have lost so much hair so I have to cover up. I'm going to get some hair extensions this weekend, I'm hoping they will make me feel more feminine. Re the glasses... Good point! A bit granny lol! They are a habit hard to break. I have contact lenses, I'll give them a shot with my new look. Also thanks for the really nice words. I wasn't expecting them. ;) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

So I was close but you really don't want to look your age.  Everyone wants to look younger. 

I would also consider filling in your eyebrows a bit.  Thinner eyebrows also make women look older as well. 

Re eye brows.. I've just let them grow out lol!! Perhaps some rogain and fake furry ones, a 'bush' brow! Yickeess! That's a great point divadoll regarding thin eyebrows that make a women look older. I've never drawn them in as I think that looks a tad macabre

You can lightly fill your eyebrows in with a darker eyeshadow. Drawing them on with a pencil makes them look too harsh.

Oooh.  I meant filling and darkening a little so it frames your face better and provide a focal point for people when they see you. You want them to look at your eyes.  Too thin brow makes people focus on your too thin brows. 

You can use a pencil but in short strokes to mimic hair and not a cartoon eyebrow.  There are lots of tutorials on youtube on how to fill in eyebrows.  A fuller brow implies youth while a thin brow is ages.  

Originally Posted by Suzie Que /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Re eye brows.. I've just let them grow out lol!! Perhaps some rogain and fake furry ones, a 'bush' brow! Yickeess! That's a great point divadoll regarding thin eyebrows that make a women look older. I've never drawn them in as I think that looks a tad macabre
As I stated in another thread, I have like 10 eyebrow hairs to work with. Trust me I know how that is. I use a light powder to enhance without getting the sharpie brow look. Do you have a medical reason for hair loss or did your hair thin after childbirth? Mine did after childbirth and I miss my old hair.

I'm Asian.  I didn't have too many brow hairs in the right spot to begin with. When I plucked to get the right shape, I don't have too many left. I use a good brow pencil. Sometimes I use brow powder.  Most women do this, you just can't tell ;) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

I like the first picture because the lipstick is soft therefore making you look younger. 

If you want to look young keep your hair shiny, whiten your teeth, smile a lot, and wear makeup but keep it light. You look fabulous already!

Back