-->

Welcome to MakeupTalk

Sign In  Log in with Facebook

Create Account
Welcome to MakeupTalk, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be apart of MakeupTalk by signing in or creating an account.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.

Guest Message by DevFuse

Sponsor

The Return of the MakeupTalk Product Review Center! read more...

Recent Images In This Topic/Thread

No Images in this topic
Photo

Wen dupes Has anyone tried Ren by Renpure

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#Post 1 of 3 OFFLINE   kalmekrzy

kalmekrzy

Novice

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 178 posts
  • Joined 28-April 12
Reviews

Posted 30 August 2012 - 03:35 AM

i have tried Wen (mango coconut & sweet almond mint) and like it but I want to find a cheaper alternative it's $29 for 16oz. I've tried Carols daughter black vanilla conditioner 8oz $16 (loved it). Also I've tried L'oreal Evercreme Cleansing Condition 8.5 oz $6.99 (loved it) . The other day I saw that Walgreens carries Ren by Renpure pomegranate 16oz $9.99 Has anyone tried this cleansing conditioner? If so did they like it? How does it compare to Wen? I have fairly thin, straight, dry hair. Ever since I switched to co-washing my hair has looked and felt so much better. I dont have to wash it on a daily basis because it got oily when i used shampoo. I can go two to three days in between washings using just a cleansing conditioner or co-washing. I'm always looking for different products to try and am very curious about the Ren product. Anyone have any comments? Suggestions?

#Post 2 of 3 OFFLINE   bb2000bb

bb2000bb

Trainee

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
  • Joined 27-August 13
Reviews

Posted 27 August 2013 - 09:58 AM

I have tried that and I hate it!  It makes my hair feel dry and it usually frizzes out.  I love WEN but agree with you on the price...

#Post 3 of 3 OFFLINE   mks8372

mks8372

Novice

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 194 posts
  • Joined 10-November 12
Reviews

Posted 27 August 2013 - 11:38 AM

I have tried the Ren and I thought it was pretty good....it didn't weigh my hair down as much as the Loreal Evercream.  But...I haven't been able to bring myself to buy the Wen yet so I cannot compare.....it just seems like a high price and I use quite a bit it seems (my hair is wavy and highlighted, thin strands but lots of them if that makes sense). I'm not sure why I hesitate on the price of Wen because I don't seem to have a problem purchasing higher end cosmetics??

I can also go at least a couple of days now that I use this method whereas shampoo would leave me oily the very next day (and my ends were much dryer).  Really glad I tried this method, might have to break down and try Wen now though so I can see for myself if it works better than the less expensive alternatives...