What do you think about permanent makeup?

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hey y'all! I'm doing a little bit of research for a MUT blog post on permanent makeup - what do you think about it? Do you have any permanent makeup tattooed on? Would you get it done?

(Also, let me know if I can quote you or not. I'll assume that if you don't say anything, I can indeed quote you! :D /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />)

Absolutely not!! I have to switch it up. Plus, the permanent makeup I've seen doesn't look that good. The eyeliner is a weird shade of greenish black and the lip liner isn't faded in or blended. No thanks!

Never ever ever ever NO. The main thing I love about makeup is how much I can change it up and trying new products and playing with new looks. My sister in law got her eyebrows done and I swear it looks like she uses a sharpie daily. Plus, you face changes and eventually stuff will sag and colors will fade.

My grandmother did it because when she was younger she waxed her eyebrows into oblivion and they literally don't grow anymore, but I think it looks fake. And it was years ago (probably 10), so they've faded and she has to use a pencil anyway.

No way! It looks very unnatural
sadno.gif

Great idea for women in their 70's or 80's, faces change and shift tattoos do not compensate for that.

When they are removed or covered there is always a scar that can not be hidden.

I would also worry about hep c most places don't know how to operate an auto clave properly.

This!

Originally Posted by Adrienne /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Never ever ever ever NO. The main thing I love about makeup is how much I can change it up and trying new products and playing with new looks. My sister in law got her eyebrows done and I swear it looks like she uses a sharpie daily. Plus, you face changes and eventually stuff will sag and colors will fade.

My mom had her brows tattooed a couple of years ago and the shape was not flattering plus it faded and now she has to fill them in.

Originally Posted by studiomakeup /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Great idea for women in their 70's or 80's, faces change and shift tattoos do not compensate for that.

When they are removed or covered there is always a scar that can not be hidden.

I would also worry about hep c most places don't know how to operate an auto clave properly.
My grandmother is lucky that at almost 70 she has little to no wrinkles and she looks like she could be in her 40s. My mom is the same way. I'm so glad I have her genetics.

I had my eyeliner done about 12 years ago.  It was great for about 2 years, but has faded to nothing these days.  I was not that into makeup back then, so it worked for me.  I have no interest in getting them redone or additional stuff done.

I would never get it done but my sister in law got her eyeliner done and it looks good. She has light eyelashes so she does look better with it because it adds emphasis to her eyes without any work in the morning. It is very thin and almost un-noticable until you think of how she used to look without any makeup before. The woman who did it is her neighbor who works at a very high end place though. She said she is a medical esthetician. The woman did her own lips and it was very natural as well. It just emphasized her lips without screaming my lips are lined.

Other people I have seen with it looked terrible. The color was off and weirdly thick.

Sounds good ... But No way...If we do permanent make-up/style after few days/months we ll get bored ya...I love to try different looks and variations.

So, permanent make-up is bad idea...

I get what everyone is saying about changing it up but my impression of the point of permanent makeup is not to replace makeup but to be ok going for a walk, run or yoga class in the upscale neighborhoods without having to put any makeup on. Put on their Lululemon and go.

I vote NO. Do you ever look at your pictures and think WTF was I thinking?! Imagine if you tatted those "WTF" eyebrows on your face?

Not for me. I got a regular tattoo when I was 21 and I can't wait to have it removed and it has only been 10 years.

I've actually been thinking about getting permanent eyeliner under the lower lashes and the "lash-enhancement" style on the top lash line. I've done a lot of research and now its just a matter of choosing between 2 ladies and saving the money. I only wear natural makeup styles and I always use black eyeliner. I have an eye twitch and shaky hands so this would save a lot of time in my makeup routine. And they numb the skin, so I don't have to worry about my eye twitching during the tattooing. The "makeup" only lasts for about 10 years before it start fading so its not actually permanent. I would never get lip color or anything like that done though.

-Sarah

Originally Posted by 19ten20 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I've actually been thinking about getting permanent eyeliner under the lower lashes and the "lash-enhancement" style on the top lash line. I've done a lot of research and now its just a matter of choosing between 2 ladies and saving the money. I only wear natural makeup styles and I always use black eyeliner. I have an eye twitch and shaky hands so this would save a lot of time in my makeup routine. And they numb the skin, so I don't have to worry about my eye twitching during the tattooing. The "makeup" only lasts for about 10 years before it start fading so its not actually permanent. I would never get lip color or anything like that done though.

-Sarah
Don't do the lower lash line It be something you like today but will you like it tomorrow? the lower lash line can be so harsh and it's never blended, just a hard line.

Latest posts

Back