Dupe Alert! Chanel Illusion D'Ombre in Mirifique vs L'Oreal Infallible eyeshadow in Eternal Black (Pic Heavy)

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Okay Ladies and Gents,

Lauren (Queen of Blending) did an eyeshadow look with this smokey, glittery beauty of an eyeshadow by Chanel called Illusion D'Ombre in Mirifique. It's a creamy eyeshadow and the look she did was absolutely gorgeous! So I looked it up on Google and my wheels got to turning because I realized that I had something similar. So I dove into my stash and lo and behold I pulled out my new L'Oreal Infallible eyeshadow in Eternal Black. Same idea - they're both creamy/powdery eyeshadows. The colors are sooooo close, I can't even tell the difference. Here, see for yourself:

(Chanel Illusion D'Ombre in Mirifique)

(L'Oreal Infallible eyeshadow in Eternal Black)

Can you tell the difference?

(QoB's look)

[SIZE=medium] [/SIZE]

[SIZE=medium]my look (though blurry, this pic captures more of the sparkle)[/SIZE]

[SIZE=medium] [/SIZE]

[SIZE=medium] [/SIZE]

[SIZE=medium] [/SIZE]

[SIZE=medium]Tried as I might, I couldn't do anything, ANYTHING to capture the intense brilliance and sparkle that this eyeshadow has to offer. This eyeshadow is sooooo sparkly, it's absolutely gorgeous!!!! I'd say the camera only picked up about 10-15% of the shimmer. Seriously, it's gorgeous!!! I'm totally going to pick up a back up of the L'Oreal Infallible eyeshadow. I'm in love![/SIZE]

[SIZE=medium] [/SIZE]

[SIZE=medium]What do you think?[/SIZE]

[SIZE=medium] [/SIZE]

Nice find on the dupe! The blurry pic brings up quite a bit of sparkle, perfect for the night out smokey eye look! I might have to snatch a few up; I've been eyeballing them for a while now. While I like to buy HE products as much as anyone, I'm a sucker for dupes and saving some $$ for more purchases lol. Thanks for sharing.

You're welcome Jean. In this case, the dupe is pretty much dead on. I was pleasantly surprised! My camera just doesn't do it any justice AT ALL! I tweeted a pic of the Loreal shadow and she was shocked. It would definitely be great for a night out. All that glitter and glisten! It's a total eye catcher! I'd totally recommend you go ahead and purchase one. You won't be disappointed! I also have the color Smoldering Plum and it's gorgeous as well. I think I paid about $6-7. The Chanel one retails for $36. I also swatched the blue one and needless to say, it too is very pretty.

Lol, on my list to buy now! I know they have a few pretty shades, so I'm definitely going to get some now. 

Did you have a problem with the glitter or the black product falling under your eyes or not being as controllable as desired?

I wasn't sure of the texture of the L'Oreal product and know the Chanel one is a bit more of a gel type that is easily controlled. Did you use a primer with it at all?

Back