EcoEmi

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Do you have to be a subscriber to buy these? When I try the link it doesn't work for me??

You don't have to bea subscriber, but the boxes have probably sold out already. Check our their facebook page & it'll tell you what box their selling right now.

Oh bummer, they only have only have the June box left. But thanks for the idea to check facebook. I liked them so I can remember to check back every now and then. And there was the cutest picture of a baby manatee on their fb page - adorable!

For anyone who got the August box, was it all just flat packets and foil packets of samples?  

http://ecoemi.com/2012/08/august-2012-box/

Is that the way the box comes, looking like the first picture? It looks like all thin packet samples. Were any in the August box not in foil packets? Did any of the samples look like the actual products they show below that first picture (like the tin of vanilla lip balm, or the bar of rose soap, etc)?

I cancelled my Eco Emi at the beginning of this month, but with the way she bills, doesn't that mean I am owed one more box?  I never received a shipping notice.  I am almost certain everyone has said they get one more box after they cancel.

You get as many boxes as you were charged for. I cancelled as well, and since I paid for 2 boxes, I'll be getting October's box as well.

I cancelled a couple of months ago and for whatever reason I never got a tracking number for that final box, but it did come in the same time that everyone else got theirs.

riginally Posted by Lulubelle107 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I have a review of the August box on my blog, dated Sept. 2, that shows pictures. 
Thanks, that is helpful. One question, what are the little see-thru packets with no writing or info on them - tea or dried rosemary or something?

I'm tempted to get the Aug box which they said on fb they are selling now. But I pretty much just like the soap, so maybe I'll just look around for a rose soap instead. I hate squeezing things out of packets like that - like the moisturing cream. Sometimes it gets so messy if there is enough in it for more than one use. I like mini bottles or containers better than packets for most samples.

It was nice to see your Birchbox also. I haven't subscribed to anything and it's nice to see examples of what different subscriptions are like.

edit: I found that same exact soap on amazon for $3.93 with free s&h (2.75 oz). I think I will toss it in my next order and give it a try.

I just recieved the extra June and July boxes I ordered. I'm definatly in love! I can't wait to get Eco Emi every month.

I received and extra July box and a September one. I loved them, but decided to cancel, I have too many samples to try. Once I am done with these, I may resubscribe. This is a very good subscription, but am I the only one annoyed by the layers and layers of packaging, like tiny paper bags, tissue, ribbons, boxes, fabric bags - I mean it takes forever to unpack - how much time does it take to put everything into the box?? I prefer a simpler presentation, just my 5 cents.

Originally Posted by mdnite /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Thanks, that is helpful. One question, what are the little see-thru packets with no writing or info on them - tea or dried rosemary or something?

I'm tempted to get the Aug box which they said on fb they are selling now. But I pretty much just like the soap, so maybe I'll just look around for a rose soap instead. I hate squeezing things out of packets like that - like the moisturing cream. Sometimes it gets so messy if there is enough in it for more than one use. I like mini bottles or containers better than packets for most samples.

It was nice to see your Birchbox also. I haven't subscribed to anything and it's nice to see examples of what different subscriptions are like.

edit: I found that same exact soap on amazon for $3.93 with free s&h (2.75 oz). I think I will toss it in my next order and give it a try.
The soap is awesome, smells really good.  I'd definitely repurchase it if I didn't have so many bar soaps laying around as it is.  The clear packets were different herbs.

Originally Posted by Eleda /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I received and extra July box and a September one. I loved them, but decided to cancel, I have too many samples to try. Once I am done with these, I may resubscribe. This is a very good subscription, but am I the only one annoyed by the layers and layers of packaging, like tiny paper bags, tissue, ribbons, boxes, fabric bags - I mean it takes forever to unpack - how much time does it take to put everything into the box?? I prefer a simpler presentation, just my 5 cents.
I love the packaging, it makes the whole experience more like unwrapping a present.  Plus, I will reuse some of the items for future gifts. 

Originally Posted by Eleda /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Originally Posted by Lulubelle107 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I love the packaging, it makes the whole experience more like unwrapping a present.  Plus, I will reuse some of the items for future gifts. 
I totally agree Lulu. I adore Eco Emi's packaging.

I know what happened, I got two boxes in one day, and it was a packaging/product overload...If I knew there would be possibility to buy extra boxes wihout subscription, but this is totally random. Eco-emi is one of the best subscriptions today, and the care and attention to detail is excellent. The product selection does not disppoint. I already ate all edibles and tried several other samples;) My ideal presentation is how glossybox and yuzen box do it.

My lip balm was missing from September's box.  Has anyone had missing items before? I've contacted them so will see how that is resolved.

Here are pics of my box:

Back