Glossybox - October 2012

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JessP

Advanced Member
Reaction score
Just saw this on Facebook (yay for a hint!) - I wonder what products they'll include for a "spa at home" theme?

Quote:
GlossyBox.com   The seasons have changed and now it's time to refresh, recharge and relax - You have earned it! Enjoy the feel of Spa in the comfort of your home. Order now >> http://bit.ly/RV7DGk

Any of those things sound lovely! I'd like to try a face mask and/or a bath soak.

I'm hoping for some great products again in October. I was REALLY impressed with my glossybox this month. The past 2 months have left me kind of blah with make up colors I would never use (brown lipstick on a 21 year old... no thank you) I hope they have some awesome sized products in October.

I would be super happy with any bath products. I'm kind of burnt out on skin care from all of these sub boxes. Maybe a nice bubble bath and lotion or some kind of scrub. :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

I saw that! At least we know the theme. I wonder what surprises await us this upcoming month! (Even though my September box have yet to arrive...)

I'd care about this IF I had received the September box I paid for..but as far as I'm concerned glossybox can suck it.

Originally Posted by Playedinloops /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I'd care about this IF I had received the September box I paid for..but as far as I'm concerned glossybox can suck it.
Ugh, that sucks.. Have you been able to get ahold of CS yet?

Originally Posted by JessP /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Ugh, that sucks.. Have you been able to get ahold of CS yet?
Nope, I've emailed twice, asked on twitter and I was just told to email there, when I said I'd already emailed they told me they'll answer me soon. I just want my money back at this point.

Originally Posted by Playedinloops /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Nope, I've emailed twice, asked on twitter and I was just told to email there, when I said I'd already emailed they told me they'll answer me soon. I just want my money back at this point.
Give them a call. They never answered my emails. I finally got problem fixed when I called.

I'd be happy to receive a candle and a hand cream (I need a ton of them, never enough) ;-)

Originally Posted by Eleda /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I'd be happy to receive a candle and a hand cream (I need a ton of them, never enough) ;-)
I'd be happy with a hand cream too! I'd be surprised if we got a candle, since GB so far hasn't really done the "lifestyle" item thing, but if we did get one, I would not complain!

I'd also love anything that smells like vanilla...

Originally Posted by tameloy /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Maybe we are getting cotton rounds and turbie twists...? ;) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Turbie twist? Is that something to tie your wet hair up?? BECAUSE I WOULD LOVE SOMETHING LIKE THAT!!!! :D /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Hopefully its something good, I havent been upset with anything they have sent me yet so I guess we will see next month

Originally Posted by jannie135 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Turbie twist? Is that something to tie your wet hair up?? BECAUSE I WOULD LOVE SOMETHING LIKE THAT!!!! :D /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />
http://turbietwist.com/

:) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

I was actually given two turbie twists for Christmas years ago. I don't use them every day, but I really like them for traveling! I usually use two towels when I shower -- one for wrapping up my wet hair, and one for my face/body. (I used to be really high maintenance and use a separate one for face, too!) It's small, too, not like a whole giant towel, so it fits easily into a suitcase or bag.

When we're in a hotel or at someone else's house for the night, it's nice to not have to ask for extra towels. I can use my turbie twist for my hair and just one towel (like a normal person apparently haha), but I still feel happy to have my hair up separately. It's pretty absorbent, too, and even better, it feels a lot lighter on my head (and pulls my hair less) than a big old bath towel. I have thin, longish hair; I bet those ladies blessed with thicker, longer hair would find the twist isn't big enough.

Originally Posted by MyriadVoices /img/forum/go_quote.gif

http://turbietwist.com/

:) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

I was actually given two turbie twists for Christmas years ago. I don't use them every day, but I really like them for traveling! I usually use two towels when I shower -- one for wrapping up my wet hair, and one for my face/body. (I used to be really high maintenance and use a separate one for face, too!) It's small, too, not like a whole giant towel, so it fits easily into a suitcase or bag.

When we're in a hotel or at someone else's house for the night, it's nice to not have to ask for extra towels. I can use my turbie twist for my hair and just one towel (like a normal person apparently haha), but I still feel happy to have my hair up separately. It's pretty absorbent, too, and even better, it feels a lot lighter on my head (and pulls my hair less) than a big old bath towel. I have thin, longish hair; I bet those ladies blessed with thicker, longer hair would find the twist isn't big enough.
Omigod the site just scared the buhjeezus out of me... (turn your volume down...).

The turbie twist looks a bit... small? Lol My hair goes half way down my back when it's dry... I have really weird crazy curly hair that's also pretty thick... it's not that much of a blessing. It's frizzy and dry and hard to control!

Originally Posted by jannie135 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Omigod the site just scared the buhjeezus out of me... (turn your volume down...).

The turbie twist looks a bit... small? Lol My hair goes half way down my back when it's dry... I have really weird crazy curly hair that's also pretty thick... it's not that much of a blessing. It's frizzy and dry and hard to control!
Sorry she scared you! The website is SUPER annoying, isn't it? I should have warned you!

The twist has a "pocket" in the end where you're supposed to be able to collect the long ends before twisting... I used to have hair to the middle of my back and I found it worked well, but again, my hair is really thin. It does help my hair dry a bit faster; since I live in a very humid climate, that is certainly a benefit! :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

I used a turbie twist when I was on a cruise a couple of months ago and it was great, I have long hair (mid-lower back) which is kind of thick and as long as I make sure I get all of it in the pocket it works fine. It takes up less space and really easy to wear when you are getting things together since its so light.

I have long, very thick hair and I have no problem getting all in my Turbie.   Love it, it the best towel for your hair because it is microfiber so it absorbs moisture from your hair very quickly.

Latest posts

Back