QVC New Beauty Test Tube: Fall-Winter 2012 sneak peek!

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score

I saw on my iPad that the New Beauty 4th quarter magazine was out and in it they show the 4th quarter QVC Test Tube box contents! So here's you sneak peek at the Fall-Winter Magazine cover and the QVC NBTT box!

On the cover: Charlize Theron.
"Innovation Issue"

1. Mally Evercolor Automatic waterproof Eyeliner
  2. Living Proof Full Thickening Mousse, 1.9 oz
  3. Perfect Formula Strong Nail System Daily Moisturizer, 0.5 fl oz
  4. WEN Cleansing Conditioner, 6 oz?
  5. Smileactives Tooth Whitening Pen
  6. Philosphy Full of Promis Dual Action Restoring Cream, 0.4 fl oz
  7. BareMinerals Marvelous Moxie Lipgloss
  8. Perricone MD High Potency Eye Treatment, 0.17 oz
Available on QVC on October 19, 2012.

FTC Disclaimer: Not affiliated with or compensated by any company mentioned in this blog article.

Thanks Zadi, I assume the Mally will be the crossover product.

BTW, you locked my NBTT thread, aren't there usually threads for both the QVC, and the NB versions?

I did lock it. Sorry but trying to keep the Test Tube posts in the Test Tube group instead of the normal Subscription one. I can't move posts between groups since it's something that the website doesn't allow. I can moves posts out of groups to the forums but can't moves posts between groups or from forums to groups otherwise I'd just have moved it.

Yup, that item is most likely a cross over.

Ah, got it.  I followed last quarters. 

Not so sure about this one.  I've not heard good things about Wen.  The rest looks ok though.

This quarter looks good! Then again, I'm pretty hard to disappoint. I am a devout WEN user so this will just add to my travel sizes, and I'm excited to try the nail moisturizer, teeth whitener and Perricone product.

Now this is more like it! The only thing I'm sighing about is the WEN again, but I will be able to consign/trade it easily. I don't think WEN works at all for fine hair. I have a couple of Mally eyeliners and they're ok, but I'm spoiled by Eyeko and Stila. Charlize looks amazing on the cover. She can pull off those dark red lips, but they tamp down the white in her teeth. Maybe she should use that tooth-whitening pen, it's on clearance at HSN. I just know the lipgloss will be another boring nude...

Thrilled with this "quarter's" offerings! I skipped out on the last QVC NBTT 2 months ago but this one does Not disappoint!!!

Wen is in Winter Vanilla Mint

BareMinerals Moxie is in Spark Plug (dusty pink pearl tone)

Mally Evercolor is in Onyx

I'm STILL waiting for my box. They took payment - $40 - but have no shipped yet. Furthermore, my previous two shipments they didn't charge me for shipping and stated in an email and letter to me that they would honor the free shipping yet here it is 4th quarter and I was charged shipping AND tax on that shipping.

Price of tube: $29.95

Price of shipping: $6.95

Total price AFTER tax: $40.

If I wasn't charged on shipping it would be $39.38, granted it's not even an extra 70 cents but the fact that I'm paying tax on shipping is insulting.

I'd be curious to see what other WEN scents are in this test tube. I LOVE the seasonal Winter Vanilla Mint and wonder if everyone will get the same in this test tube. If so, I'll buy another test tube. 

OH! Man, I thought I was on the regular New Beauty thread. I checked the QVC website and it still lists the old tube from last quarter. darn.

received my box today I got winter mint from WEN this time but they also made a mistake and sent me two nail strengtheners and no lip gloss.

Yay, I got mine before 5pm! I got the WEN in Sweet Almond Mint, which I am allergic to. When I used the sample I got from MyGlam, I got a rash on my head neck and shoulders. I never tried the Fig one I got a couple test tubes back because I didn't like the scent. It would have been nice for them to send out the Ginger Pumpkin scent for fall. Anyway, my lip gloss in in Sparkplug, which I think is true for everyone and my eyeliner is in Onyx.

So my QVC box came today. Still not happy about being charged shipping after QVC said it wouldn't charge me shipping but whatever I'm still happy with my box. So I got the following:

1. Mally Evercolor Automatic waterproof Eyeliner -- in Onxy. I already have this one from a few campaigns ago and I LOVE it since it's so hard to remove.
  2. Living Proof Full Thickening Mousse, 1.9 oz -- yup, got it.
  3. Perfect Formula Strong Nail System Daily Moisturizer, 0.5 fl oz -- I was expecting something with a strong scent and was pleasantly surprised that it has no scent.
  4. WEN Cleansing Conditioner, 6 oz -- Mine came in Winter Vanilla Mint and it smells yummy. No idea when I'll use it since I'm using the Miss Jessie's Cleansing Cream which I've been rotating with a different Miss Jessie's shampoo. I'll come around to using it, eventually.
  5. Smileactives Tooth Whitening Pen -- It's 0.11 fl oz and it's full size. (valued at $13.75 as two are sold for $27.50 on QVC)
  6. Philosphy Full of Promis Dual Action Restoring Cream, 0.4 fl oz -- got that
  7. BareMinerals Marvelous Moxie Lipgloss -- mine came in Spark Plug, I like the color
  8. Perricone MD High Potency Eye Treatment, 0.17 oz -- itty bitty tube that's 0.17 oz but I'll eventually get around to using it.

Overall I'm happy with this tube, even with the WEN, I'm getting use to cleansing conditioners since using Miss Jessie's but it does take some getting use to.

Just got my tube and omg I am so in love with the lip gloss. My lips feel minty fresh and the color is soooooo pretty. I think I must own this gloss in every color now :/

Back