-->

Welcome to MakeupTalk

Sign In  Log in with Facebook

Create Account
Welcome to MakeupTalk, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be apart of MakeupTalk by signing in or creating an account.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.

Guest Message by DevFuse

Sponsor

Memebox

Recent Images In This Topic/Thread

No Images in this topic
Photo

Best Mineral Face Powder?

• Please log in to reply
14 replies to this topic

#Post 1 of 15 OFFLINE   Makeuplovers

Makeuplovers

Trainee

• Members
  • Pip
  • 29 posts
  • Joined 12-September 12
Reviews

Posted 27 September 2012 - 04:12 AM

I am confused about finding the best mineral face powder.. my skin is oily and i can't use liquid foundation, i mostly use powder puff as a base for my makeup. Please suggest a cool mineral face powder for oily skin..

#Post 2 of 15 OFFLINE   KirstenHolen

KirstenHolen

Trainee

• Members
  • Pip
  • 10 posts
  • Joined 23-September 12
Reviews

Posted 27 September 2012 - 10:46 AM

What are you confused about?  It sounds like a lot of make up companies are coming out with their own forms of mineral powder foundations.  I tried bareMinerals first and I have stuck with it.  Some people have an allergic reaction, though, so I would go to make up counters in department stores and test different ones out.

You can also do a google search and I think some online mineral make up companies will send you samples.

I have oily skin, also, and I find it helps the most to always moisturize and use primer before putting the powder on.

#Post 3 of 15 OFFLINE   Makeuplovers

Makeuplovers

Trainee

• Members
  • Pip
  • 29 posts
  • Joined 12-September 12
Reviews

Posted 28 September 2012 - 06:54 AM

thanks for your tips.. so you mean to say that mineral base would do good on oily skin.. what i hate about base is the oil that becomes visible after hour or two of application. this thing doesn't happen with dry powder.. well i will try bareMinerals.. !!

#Post 4 of 15 OFFLINE   KirstenHolen

KirstenHolen

Trainee

• Members
  • Pip
  • 10 posts
  • Joined 23-September 12
Reviews

Posted 28 September 2012 - 06:57 AM

It depends on a lot of different things, but to increase your chances of it showing make sure you do prep your face well first.

Do you moisturize your face day and night?  That will probably help with your oil production, so your skin isn't trying to overcompensate for dryness.

#Post 5 of 15 OFFLINE   BlushAndBarbell

BlushAndBarbell

Trainee

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts
  • Joined 17-November 12
Reviews

Posted 17 November 2012 - 02:42 PM

I started using mineral makeup because of my oily skin too. I've had really good luck with Lumiere and also Aromaleigh.

#Post 6 of 15 OFFLINE   ItsMissMathers

ItsMissMathers

Novice

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 97 posts
  • Joined 13-November 12
Reviews

Posted 26 November 2012 - 05:15 PM

Any thing without BISMUTH OXYHOLRIDE, and TITANIUM DIOXIDE (which is dangerous in powder form), and is good. Mary Kay mineral makeup doesn't have those ingredients.

#Post 7 of 15 OFFLINE   lovelywhim

lovelywhim

Buff

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 400 posts
  • Joined 11-July 12
Reviews

Posted 26 November 2012 - 05:58 PM

I love the Bare Minerals one! My skin can get oily as well, but this product has never caused problems with my skin. I carry blotting papers with me just in case (I love the Boscia ones!).

#Post 8 of 15 OFFLINE   Oxana124

Oxana124

Trainee

• Members
  • Pip
  • 47 posts
  • Joined 17-December 12
Reviews

Posted 18 December 2012 - 06:05 AM

I use Lucy Minerals and love it, great coverage. They have 2 different version for oily skin. I don't have oily skin so I do not use those, but they sell samples so it's cheap to give it a try.

#Post 9 of 15 OFFLINE   Sheila Bloise

Sheila Bloise

Trainee

• Members
  • Pip
  • 10 posts
  • Joined 04-January 13
Reviews

Posted 04 January 2013 - 09:33 AM

I also have oily skin, I would recommend L'Oreal Paris True Match Minerals Foundation.

I use NIVEA Daily Essentials Tinted Moisturising Day Cream under just to cover any blemishes, and it makes it look very natural. 

Edit: Links removed, photos added.

#Post 10 of 15 OFFLINE   Dalylah

Dalylah

Lacquer Lackey

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,736 posts
  • Joined 08-July 09
Reviews

Posted 06 January 2013 - 01:13 PM

I have had good luck with Everyday Minerals matte foundation. I use it in summertime when it's too hot to wear liquid.

#Post 11 of 15 OFFLINE   SalonClearwater

SalonClearwater

Novice

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 81 posts
  • Joined 02-November 10
Reviews

Posted 07 January 2013 - 01:48 AM

This talc-free pressed powder is made with pure minerals and is suitable for those with sensitive skin. You should try it.....:)

#Post 12 of 15 OFFLINE   ankh

ankh

Trainee

• Members
  • Pip
  • 26 posts
  • Joined 09-June 12
Reviews

Posted 15 January 2013 - 04:23 PM

I have been using Bare Minerals for about 5 years and am thinking about changing.  Sometimes it's a bit much and will give me a "less than natural look" now.  (ie, almost caked on, when I'm applying it the same way every day.)  I've heard really good things about the Korres Wild Rose Mineral Foundation. Has anyone here tried that brand?  Can anyone compare it to bare minerals?  I've heard the tones are a bit different so I will make sure to go in person to Sephora to buy, but I'm curious about people's opinions before I pull the trigger.

Other recommendations are also appreciated!

#Post 13 of 15 OFFLINE   beautymadn3ss

beautymadn3ss

Aficionado

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,641 posts
  • Joined 26-October 12
Reviews

Posted 17 January 2013 - 12:47 PM

I love bareminerals and I have also heard amazing things about Everyday Minerals! 

#Post 14 of 15 OFFLINE   marrymemakeup

marrymemakeup

Novice

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 131 posts
  • Joined 14-January 13
Reviews

Posted 18 January 2013 - 07:55 PM

This product might be right for you .. Bare Escentuals BareMinerals ... its a wonder product for oily skin.It absorbs excess oil while completely illuminating your entire face in a sort of diffused glow and Estee Lauder Double Matte Oil-Control Pressed Powder, also works great for oily skin.

#Post 15 of 15 OFFLINE   ankh

ankh

Trainee

• Members
  • Pip
  • 26 posts
  • Joined 09-June 12
Reviews

Posted 19 January 2013 - 01:16 PM

Originally Posted by marrymemakeup View Post

This product might be right for you .. Bare Escentuals BareMinerals ... its a wonder product for oily skin.It absorbs excess oil while completely illuminating your entire face in a sort of diffused glow and Estee Lauder Double Matte Oil-Control Pressed Powder, also works great for oily skin.

What about for normal/normal-to-dry skin? I definitely don't have oily skin but probably have normal skin, somewhat dry skin in the winter.