Reasons why you should vote for Mitt Romney (vid)

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Don't worry, its a joke, lol. This is kind of her idk...schtick? I think she is annoying but she's not serious.

Oh, I follow her on Twitter (followed). She was definitely serious. She was crying about all the 'hate' she was getting and said she was just going to stick to beauty and style videos. All of her "fishiies" came to her rescue and told her it's okay, she can vote for whoever she wants to vote for. It's not that she's voting for Romney, it's her reasoning (or lack there of) behind it. She just really sounded like an airhead. 

Wow she's really opening up a can of worms with that Mormon != Christianity thing and I haven't even gotten through the first minute. I'm not... going to bother with the rest.

Is it as bad as that time Meghan McCain (John McCain's daughter) interviewed Snooki and Snooki said she voted for McCain because he was cute. My political beliefs are different than some of hers, but I appreciate what she's trying to do for the party. That interview, however, made me cringe for her because there's nothing redeeming about it.

I watched it, and yeah it is definitely as bad as Meghan's Snooki interview.

I can't believe she's serious. I don't care necessarily who votes for which party/candidate, but... wow. Yeah. What.

Vote for who you want, but c'mon.. be informed and do your research! She appears shallow and utterly vapid. And it's a wonder why we have so many issues... I feel like I lost brain cells watching this. "Mitt rhymes with tit...?" SMH and hers, too.

Originally Posted by Kyuu /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Wow she's really opening up a can of worms with that Mormon != Christianity thing and I haven't even gotten through the first minute. I'm not... going to bother with the rest.
I have heard this from so many people, and it is actually quite convincing if you are defining Christianity in the way that Catholics, Orthodox Christians, and most Protestants do. However I'm not religious, and can't really make an argument either way. But from what I've read, mormonism is pretty far from "mainstream" christianity.

I have heard this from so many people, and it is actually quite convincing if you are defining Christianity in the way that Catholics, Orthodox Christians, and most Protestants do. However I'm not religious, and can't really make an argument either way. But from what I've read, mormonism is pretty far from "mainstream" christianity.
Honestly, most world religions share common principles, when you break it down, in regards to living any honest life, care and compassion..etc. Yet there are distinctions that set them apart, such as worship practices, Bible variations and which parts they focus on, etc. I'm not dissing Mormonism, but it's a relatively "young" religion and Joseph Smith founded Mormonism by telling folks an angel revealed golden tablets to him and calling him to action. Brigham Young is credited with bringing Mormonism into the "modern age" and growing it substantially. There's more to it than that, but I have a very rudimentary knowledge of that faith. So no offense intended. People who practice a faith would beg to differ usually that it's convincing enough. Claiming to be religious and faithful does not automatically equate with better morals or character. The distinctions between religions is what sets them apart from each other and unique unto themselves. See places like Ireland, Belfast and the IRA.. the breakdown between the Protestants and Catholics and British occupation has torn that country apart in the past. Look at the Middle East... Islam is prevalent and still there is major strife because of differences in tribes and ancestry, ie Sunni vs Shiites and on and on. Sorry for the ramblings.... Just my 2 cents. ;) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Yes.. the Morman religion is new and not like any other religion a former president has been associated with. So to many that is a little offsetting and somewhat scary. But I really don't believe Mitt Romney is going to change this country into Joseph Smith followers!

Not watching the video above... It's great that people with different backgrounds have an opportunity to voice there opinion and have a chance to vote. And for whatever reason, I'm glad she's voting for or in favor of Mitt Romney. Just my 2 cents. :) Have a great day everybody!!!

Yes.. the Morman religion is new and not like any other religion a former president has been associated with. So to many that is a little offsetting and somewhat scary. But I really don't believe Mitt Romney is going to change this country into Joseph Smith followers! Not watching the video above... It's great that people with different backgrounds have an opportunity to voice there opinion and have a chance to vote. And for whatever reason, I'm glad she's voting for or in favor of Mitt Romney. Just my 2 cents. :) Have a great day everybody!!!
Some people are put off by the fact he's Mormon, but many people are put out by organized religions, in general. Until, they read up and educate themselves, that won't change. As far as voting..great and more people should participate, but the lack of knowledge about current events and the YT person's justifications is sad and pitiful. This isn't Hot or Not or a beauty contest. These politicians have power to change and shape policies in regards to our lives and liberties and it's a shame to see someone so out of touch. Thank goodness for an electoral college and informed voters, else we'd have already elected Mickey Mouse by now.

Originally Posted by Tyari /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Oh, I follow her on Twitter (followed). She was definitely serious. She was crying about all the 'hate' she was getting and said she was just going to stick to beauty and style videos. All of her "fishiies" came to her rescue and told her it's okay, she can vote for whoever she wants to vote for. It's not that she's voting for Romney, it's her reasoning (or lack there of) behind it. She just really sounded like an airhead. 
I'm still pretty sure she's just trolling, and taking it to her twitter etc. 

That's one reason to vote for a candidate...'because he is super hot...' WOW!  So glad to be Canadian! 

What the heck is she talking abt- Reagan was very handsome! Much better looking than Romney.

I agree with that. Regan was smoking when he was younger and still handsome in his later years. He had to be in order to be a Hollywood actor in Hollywood's heyday since it was all about looks back then.

*facepalm* People like this scare me.

I think everyone should take the time to research the candidates, their voting history, the stance on things that matter and then choose what is best for them. I will not be voting for Romney and it has absolutely nothing to do with religion.

I don't want to get into Romney since everything that spews out of his mouth is utter insanity lol. I think a lot of Republicans feel that they're forced to choose between the lesser of two evils--but if I had the choice between a lunatic Democrat, and someone like McCain, I'd vote McCain lol.

I have absolutely nothing against Mormons, and there's a big LDS church like 3 blocks from my house. But I am a little creeped out by all the Mormon ads I see on Hulu/TV. I just saw one today where a woman basically said "I used to be really famous and successful, but it was hard when I had a family; I realize the thing that mattered most was staying at home, making dinner, and raising my child. I'm a Mormon and I'm proud"; it's totally fine to say being a stay-at-home mom is respectable choice, but the ad basically implied you can't be a good mom or woman if you have a job. I think it's just weird seeing advertisements for religion, let alone one that's so opinionated.

Back