Ben nye banana powder

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hey, I was wondering if any of you knew if the Ben Nye banana powder is just for darker complexions? Or can it also work for yellow toned light Asian skin? I heard its a good setting powder that lasts but I don't know if it will look good on my skin.

It's great for anyone with warm undertones. I'm naturally fair, but used this during the summer when I was tanned. I love the luxury powders by Ben Nye. Can't go wrong! I bought the smallest bottle and still have tons left.

Do you mean this? I was just looking at it at Frends Beauty Supply. How dark is it in person?

Originally Posted by MissLindaJean /img/forum/go_quote.gif
It's great for anyone with warm undertones. I'm naturally fair, but used this during the summer when I was tanned. I love the luxury powders by Ben Nye. Can't go wrong! I bought the smallest bottle and still have tons left.
Good to know thanks, I heard a lot of good things about it!

Originally Posted by zadidoll /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Do you mean this? I was just looking at it at Frends Beauty Supply. How dark is it in person?

Yes that one, is it just for dark complexions or will it work for fair skin tone with yellow undertones?

Would you girls also know a good reliable website to buy this Ben Nye banana setting powder from?

You could use it Zadi. Not dark at all! Just warms up the skintone. The powder looks like a very light mustard yellow, not bright at all. I bought the 1.5 oz bottle, yep same as pictured and have more than what the photo shows or about the same. I used it consistently throughout the summer months and maybe used a centimeter or two of product? It'll last me forever! I'll probably give it away to a friend after I buy a translucent or pearly pink luxury powder soon.

I bought mine from Camera Ready Cosmetics through an online order. I think they're based out of California and the bottle was $8 or so? I had a coupon code for IMATS going on that weekend in LA and saved a small percent. If you have a theatre makeup shop nearby, try there. Or just Google, which is what I did lol.

Originally Posted by zadidoll /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I saw it on Frends Beauty Supply which is a reputable company.

http://frendsbeautysupplyonline.com/

Originally Posted by MissLindaJean /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I bought mine from Camera Ready Cosmetics through an online order. I think they're based out of California and the bottle was $8 or so? I had a coupon code for IMATS going on that weekend in LA and saved a small percent. If you have a theatre makeup shop nearby, try there. Or just Google, which is what I did lol.
Much thanks :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Some drag queens use banana powder for highlighting. I believe Latrice Royale is among those who do. You can use it for a variety of things really.

Originally Posted by Melissa1984 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
So what is it for exactly? I love makeu but why go buy everything that you see on YouTube?
http://therefinedbeauty.blogspot.com/2012/05/ben-nye-banana-powder.html explains its usefulness. For darker complexions, it can be a wonderful highlighter, for certain skin tones, it can be a good setting powder, and some people do like a yellow powder for color correction purposes.

works for all complexions..they come in buff, banana, cameo (white great for fair skin), topaz, biege suede. try the cameo for ur complexion. hope that helps

The product is good I have the Mojave luxory powder in camel also 8oz banana powder and a 1.5oz, I heard paraben is bad....

I have red undertones that I can't stand. I'm always looking for something with a yellow base to even it out but haven't found anything that works. Do you think this banana powder will work for me with red undertones? I've heard great reviews about it!

Originally Posted by vinga /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I have red undertones that I can't stand. I'm always looking for something with a yellow base to even it out but haven't found anything that works. Do you think this banana powder will work for me with red undertones? I've heard great reviews about it!
I have used Banana powder when the foundation is too red. My skin has yellow/ golden tones and it works fine. A little goes a long way. I've never tried the Ben Nye banana powder but the Ruby Kisses version. I couldn't afford Ben Nye and the Ruby Kisses only cost $4.

i have the ben nye banana powder, but it dont say visage poudre, just banana luxory powder, am i still getting the same brand??? im just being sure im not getting a dupe of the product

Back