Jump to content


Welcome to the new and improved MakeupTalk! Please see our announcement here!

Sponsors


Photo

Birchbox November 2012


  • Please log in to reply
2327 replies to this topic

#1 Missglammygirl

Missglammygirl

Posted 16 October 2012 - 04:35 PM

So its pretty early, but I was looking at my instagram this morning and saw some pictures from Mollie Chen's instagram

 

What do you think?

 

 

I spy Hairdressers oil from bumble and bumble, oscar blandi spray and some perfume up top



#2 astokes

astokes

Posted 16 October 2012 - 04:44 PM

They could just be for Nov tutorial vids?

I know people will be unhappy if they're sending another hair oil. Lol



#3 Missglammygirl

Missglammygirl

Posted 16 October 2012 - 04:54 PM

Originally Posted by astokes View Post

They could just be for Nov tutorial vids?

I know people will be unhappy if they're sending another hair oil. Lol

Idk. Maybe... You never know whats in the boxes until zadi's spoilers come out!



#4 Leslie Wetzel

Leslie Wetzel

Posted 16 October 2012 - 08:12 PM

Regarding B&B oil, I did receive a sample of it through rent the runway, which was started by the same owners of Birchbox, so it's possible that it is an upcoming sample. LOVE the product and my hairdresser also used it after my cut and vouched for it. Saving up my pennies to try, as its really invisible but does wonders.

#5 zadidoll

zadidoll

Posted 16 October 2012 - 08:31 PM

Originally Posted by Missglammygirl View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by astokes View Post

They could just be for Nov tutorial vids?

I know people will be unhappy if they're sending another hair oil. Lol

Idk. Maybe... You never know whats in the boxes until zadi's spoilers come out!

 

And even then you don't really know since Birchbox has switched stuff out at the last minute.



#6 Missglammygirl

Missglammygirl

Posted 16 October 2012 - 09:59 PM

Originally Posted by zadidoll View Post

 

And even then you don't really know since Birchbox has switched stuff out at the last minute.

True! Like the eyeko this month! But your posts are much more reliable than the videos they release



#7 gypsiemagic

gypsiemagic
  • LocationSF & LA

Posted 17 October 2012 - 06:05 PM

The bumble and bumble hairdressers oil is pretty nice. I got a sample from Sephora, it was like a large perfume tube.

I don't understand their insistence that we all try 10 hair oils. They are okay, but I prefer the look of my hair without them generally

Originally Posted by Leslie Wetzel View Post

Regarding B&B oil, I did receive a sample of it through rent the runway, which was started by the same owners of Birchbox, so it's possible that it is an upcoming sample. LOVE the product and my hairdresser also used it after my cut and vouched for it. Saving up my pennies to try, as its really invisible but does wonders.

 

Errm, I don't think Rent the Runway and Birchbox are related at all. They have Venture Funding, and A round of 15 mil from Bain Capital (ERRHGHH, Romney) and Highland Capital, and another 15 mil series B from Kleiner Perkins, so they aren't really "owned" by anybody per se, and the founders are certainly not the same as Birchbox,

 

They all were at Harvard Business School at vaguely the same time, but they all started their own companies. 


twitter: gracepedrotti

instagram: gracepedrotti

reddit: gypsiemagic

 


#8 murflegirl

murflegirl

Posted 17 October 2012 - 08:42 PM

Commenting for later. November is my birthday month. Please don't disappoint me, birchbox. 



#9 queenofperil

queenofperil

Posted 17 October 2012 - 09:22 PM

I really hope I can keep it. Going to have to hit up my aunt again for the funds. I feel like such a mooch, but damn if LA County isn't the worst place to try and get a job. If not, I'll live vicariously through you ladies. But don't post good boxes. Only crappy ones so I don't feel bad. 



#10 meetcutecrystal

meetcutecrystal

Posted 17 October 2012 - 10:36 PM

Keeping with the food themed lifestyle extra, can we expect turkey jerky for November?



#11 orlandomom

orlandomom

Posted 18 October 2012 - 02:21 AM

Keeping with the food themed lifestyle extra, can we expect turkey jerky for November?

I was thinking instant mashed potatoes.

#12 karenX

karenX

Posted 18 October 2012 - 02:54 AM

I love the hair oils. Those are some of my favourite things to get in boxes, along with perfume, skincare(cleansers & face lotions), and the food items.

 

It's funny how so many people hate the things I love most. lol

 

That B&B Hair Oil is fantastic, btw. I got a deluxe sample from Sephora a while back and loved it.



#13 Shatae

Shatae

Posted 18 October 2012 - 05:08 AM

Hooray for a November Thread!  I can't read anymore of the October Goop complaints anymore.  It just makes me angry.  My box wasn't all that great, but I'm over it now.  On to more important things.....

 

I bought some aqua colored eye shadow yesterday.  I think I'll rock it out today ;-)



#14 KatiebuglovesBB

KatiebuglovesBB

Posted 18 October 2012 - 05:22 AM

I hope I get a body wash or eye shadow in November. I've been subbed since January (started a second in May for Gossip Girl) and have yet to receive those two items. I also haven't received lip gloss... but I DON'T want that, ever!



#15 Loladevil

Loladevil

Posted 18 October 2012 - 05:32 AM

I would really love to see a good eye makeup remover, something that can handle urban decay glitter liner without irritating my eyes!



#16 goldenmeans

goldenmeans

Posted 18 October 2012 - 05:36 AM

Originally Posted by Missglammygirl View Post

So its pretty early, but I was looking at my instagram this morning and saw some pictures from Mollie Chen's instagram

 

What do you think?

 

 

I spy Hairdressers oil from bumble and bumble, oscar blandi spray and some perfume up top

I can't get past her pants... Good God, woman.



#17 Celestemel

Celestemel

Posted 18 October 2012 - 07:02 AM

I was just about to write something like "When are we starting to discuss what may be coming for November?" when I saw this thread. ;)



#18 cdelpercio

cdelpercio

Posted 18 October 2012 - 08:00 AM

I got the Koh Gen Do Cleansing Spa Water in my Glossybox last month and it's seriously the best makeup remover I've ever used. It gets EVERYTHING off and doesn't leave an oil or residue behind. AND it doesn't smell like cheap tequila like Clinique's does.



#19 Lulubelle107

Lulubelle107

Posted 18 October 2012 - 08:32 AM

Originally Posted by karenX View Post

I love the hair oils. Those are some of my favourite things to get in boxes, along with perfume, skincare(cleansers & face lotions), and the food items.

 

It's funny how so many people hate the things I love most. lol

 

That B&B Hair Oil is fantastic, btw. I got a deluxe sample from Sephora a while back and loved it.

 

I love the hair oils as well!  Orofluido Beauty Elixir is probably my best find from Birchbox thus far. 



#20 messjess18

messjess18

Posted 18 October 2012 - 08:35 AM

SOOO ready for this month. I hope I get something good, because the last two boxes have been the definition of disappointment. 

 

Let's go, November. Don't disappointment :)






0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users