Kid's Monthly Subscription Boxes

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Does anyone subscribe to boxes for their kids?  We currently get:
~Citrus Lane 
~Kiwi Crate
~BabbaBox
~bluum

I have gotten Babba Box. I have been looking into Wonderbox and as my little one is getting closer to 5, am ready to give Little Passports a try. Previously, had given it to my best friend's daughter and she loved it.

Oh, tell me about Little Passports!  I have a 4 year old and a 6 month old.  I feel like Wonderbox is maybe  for the 3-4 year old crowd.  I find BabbaBox to be a little more "mature" than WonderBox.  And I guess next would be Little Passports?

I tried Bluum for 1 month but no longer subscribe and have had 2 months so far with Citrus Lane.  Loving it so far and think I will probably keep it a least for a year for my 8 month old :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

We kept getting deals from daily deal sites for Bluum, so at $6 a month, it is generally worth it, though I wouldn't pay anymore.  I have gotten it for 7 months so far and have 2 left.  I don't think I would get it again even with another deal.  Their customer service is terrible.

Citrus Lane was far and away my favorite subscription, but we just discontinued it as my guy is getting old enough that most of what they were sending was duplicates of hand me downs from his brothers and sister.  Last month we got 2 sippy cups, a book, a lotion, and I forget what else.  The value is usually about double the cost of the box, and everything has always been used.

We got Little Passports for three months.  The first month the kids (8, 6, 3, and 1) were excited by it and looked forward to the second month.  They opened the package the second month and didn't do anything with it and never even opened the third month.  It was mostly stickers to put on the suitcase they got the first month and a picture and something to figure out the next months country.

My big kids LOVE Magic School Bus.  It is science experiments that are sent out monthly with everything you need in one envelope.  They are actually sitting at the dining room table right now coloring a top and spinning it to see that when you spin it, it looks white even though the full rainbow is colored on it. 

We also got Ecocentric mom for one month.  It was okay... lots and lots of little samples, but I prefered a few big things from Citrus Lane over a whole bunch of little things from EcoCentric mom.

I still want to give Little Passports a try.  If not anything else, just to give her a little bit of knowledge of different places.  I think some of the "souvenirs" are cute and she does like stickers so that is a plus for us.  Plus for around $13 a month, I don't think it will be too bad to try.

I do like the BabbaBox.  I was a little uncertain about paying $30 a month for a box of crafts, but I feel like it has been worth it.  She hasn't liked everything, but I would say there have been more pros then cons.  

I had forgotten that we recently subscribed to Wittlebee.  I love shopping for clothes, but I had seen some other boxes with some cute things, and given the fact that we recently moved to a small town with limited shopping choices, I thought I would just see what we got. Well, the first box was really bad.  I purposely waited until October to sign up for fall clothes, but a half of what we got was more geared to spring.  The other half were items that just weren't really my style.  We will get one more box, because I forgot to cancel, but this will be the last.  They seem like a really nice company and everything, I just didn't seem to have much luck.  

I have heard great things about the Magic School Bus one.  Thanks for the reminder about that one.  I will have to add that to the list before I forget about it again.

I LOVE Citrus Lane (I've been a subscriber for at least 6 months) but I also get bluum and have been nothing but disappointed with it. The only reason I've had it (for about 10 months) is because there have been a couple of eversave's (like groupon) for it which makes the box something like $5/month. I still don't think that price is worth it. I will definitely be unsubscribing soon.

I've noticed that everyone posting here has kids that are fairly young.  My daugther's 11, and she's too cool for baby stuff.  However, she's too young for boring stuff, as she says.  Could anyone recommend a monthly box for a tween?  I've looked, but everything seems to be geared towards younger kids.

There is a Groupon right now for a 3 month subscription to Citrus Lane for $35.  It says there are 2 days and 17 hours left to buy, but it has limited availability, so it may sell out before then.

Originally Posted by Adrigirl81 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

There is a Groupon right now for a 3 month subscription to Citrus Lane for $35.  It says there are 2 days and 17 hours left to buy, but it has limited availability, so it may sell out before then.
In which city?  I don't see it in the first 5 or so cities that I tried.

Originally Posted by CAPSLOCK /img/forum/go_quote.gif

In which city?  I don't see it in the first 5 or so cities that I tried.
Go to the Groupon Goods tab.  You'll see it there.

Originally Posted by JenniferV /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Go to the Groupon Goods tab.  You'll see it there.
Thanks for the heads up! I subbed this morning. They do state in the fine print your account will auto renew after three months. Just an FYI for anyone who signs up.

Green Kid Crafts is an awesome kids craft subscription box! They are the only kids eco friendly craft box out there and even though they say they send 3 crafts and science projects, you often get more than that. Plus they send book recommendations to go with each month's theme. The crafts are most appropriate for preschool and early elementary aged kids. My daughter is 4.5 and she LOVES the box she gets each month. Value is good too at only $19.50/month - www.greenkidcrafts.com.

Originally Posted by Kirari /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I've noticed that everyone posting here has kids that are fairly young.  My daugther's 11, and she's too cool for baby stuff.  However, she's too young for boring stuff, as she says.  Could anyone recommend a monthly box for a tween?  I've looked, but everything seems to be geared towards younger kids.
I have an 11 yr old daughter also. I think we need to get together and start a fun box for tweens . . . a craft or jewelry item, a book or puzzle or game, a shampoo or hair item or body spray, a treat, and a room or locker decor item.

Here is a picture of this month's Citrus Lane (kids 3 and under) box.

Originally Posted by page5 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I have an 11 yr old daughter also. I think we need to get together and start a fun box for tweens . . . a craft or jewelry item, a book or puzzle or game, a shampoo or hair item or body spray, a treat, and a room or locker decor item.
Well, from what I can tell, there aren't any currently going boxes for that age group, so there's definitely an empty market for it.  Now there is one box that is currently pre-launch for that age range, called ibbeautiful.  That's the only one I can find, though.

I've tried finding boxes for older kids as well but haven't come up with much.  I have a 3 year old, but he's very much all over the place and I can generally come up with things for us to do for pretty cheap.  I have 8 year old twins who love arts & crafts & creating just about anything, but everything seems to be too young for them so I have to improvise with them.  Thank God for Pinterest!  My 2 oldest kids aren't very crafty but my oldest daughter (13) is starting to like getting her own surprises in the mail as well so I get them when I can find age-appropriate stuff.  I would love to see something for older kids, whether it's crafts or products just for them.  Until then, I just try to buy little things along the way and surprise them.

Latest posts

Back