-->

Welcome to MakeupTalk

Sign In  Log in with Facebook

Create Account
Welcome to MakeupTalk, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be apart of MakeupTalk by signing in or creating an account.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.

Guest Message by DevFuse

The Return of the MakeupTalk Product Review Center! read more...

Recent Images In This Topic/Thread

No Images in this topic
Photo

Kid's Monthly Subscription Boxes

• Please log in to reply
22 replies to this topic

#Post 1 of 23 OFFLINE   JenniferV

JenniferV

Buff

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 511 posts
  • Joined 25-August 12
Reviews

Posted 20 October 2012 - 06:41 PM

Does anyone subscribe to boxes for their kids?  We currently get:
~Citrus Lane 
~Kiwi Crate
~BabbaBox
~bluum

#Post 2 of 23 OFFLINE   Starlet

Starlet

Novice

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 65 posts
  • Joined 13-August 12
Reviews

Posted 20 October 2012 - 06:48 PM

I have gotten Babba Box. I have been looking into Wonderbox and as my little one is getting closer to 5, am ready to give Little Passports a try. Previously, had given it to my best friend's daughter and she loved it.

#Post 3 of 23 OFFLINE   JenniferV

JenniferV

Buff

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 511 posts
  • Joined 25-August 12
Reviews

Posted 20 October 2012 - 06:54 PM

Oh, tell me about Little Passports!  I have a 4 year old and a 6 month old.  I feel like Wonderbox is maybe  for the 3-4 year old crowd.  I find BabbaBox to be a little more "mature" than WonderBox.  And I guess next would be Little Passports?

#Post 4 of 23 OFFLINE   Canny Charlene

Canny Charlene

Buff

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 356 posts
  • Joined 25-July 12
Reviews

Posted 20 October 2012 - 07:23 PM

I tried Bluum for 1 month but no longer subscribe and have had 2 months so far with Citrus Lane.  Loving it so far and think I will probably keep it a least for a year for my 8 month old :)

#Post 5 of 23 OFFLINE   CAPSLOCK

CAPSLOCK

Buff

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 321 posts
  • Joined 25-July 12
Reviews

Posted 21 October 2012 - 06:13 AM

We kept getting deals from daily deal sites for Bluum, so at $6 a month, it is generally worth it, though I wouldn't pay anymore.  I have gotten it for 7 months so far and have 2 left.  I don't think I would get it again even with another deal.  Their customer service is terrible.

Citrus Lane was far and away my favorite subscription, but we just discontinued it as my guy is getting old enough that most of what they were sending was duplicates of hand me downs from his brothers and sister.  Last month we got 2 sippy cups, a book, a lotion, and I forget what else.  The value is usually about double the cost of the box, and everything has always been used.

We got Little Passports for three months.  The first month the kids (8, 6, 3, and 1) were excited by it and looked forward to the second month.  They opened the package the second month and didn't do anything with it and never even opened the third month.  It was mostly stickers to put on the suitcase they got the first month and a picture and something to figure out the next months country.

My big kids LOVE Magic School Bus.  It is science experiments that are sent out monthly with everything you need in one envelope.  They are actually sitting at the dining room table right now coloring a top and spinning it to see that when you spin it, it looks white even though the full rainbow is colored on it. 

We also got Ecocentric mom for one month.  It was okay... lots and lots of little samples, but I prefered a few big things from Citrus Lane over a whole bunch of little things from EcoCentric mom.

#Post 6 of 23 OFFLINE   Starlet

Starlet

Novice

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 65 posts
  • Joined 13-August 12
Reviews

Posted 22 October 2012 - 04:04 PM

I still want to give Little Passports a try.  If not anything else, just to give her a little bit of knowledge of different places.  I think some of the "souvenirs" are cute and she does like stickers so that is a plus for us.  Plus for around $13 a month, I don't think it will be too bad to try.

I do like the BabbaBox.  I was a little uncertain about paying $30 a month for a box of crafts, but I feel like it has been worth it.  She hasn't liked everything, but I would say there have been more pros then cons.  

I had forgotten that we recently subscribed to Wittlebee.  I love shopping for clothes, but I had seen some other boxes with some cute things, and given the fact that we recently moved to a small town with limited shopping choices, I thought I would just see what we got. Well, the first box was really bad.  I purposely waited until October to sign up for fall clothes, but a half of what we got was more geared to spring.  The other half were items that just weren't really my style.  We will get one more box, because I forgot to cancel, but this will be the last.  They seem like a really nice company and everything, I just didn't seem to have much luck.  

#Post 7 of 23 OFFLINE   Starlet

Starlet

Novice

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 65 posts
  • Joined 13-August 12
Reviews

Posted 22 October 2012 - 04:09 PM

I have heard great things about the Magic School Bus one.  Thanks for the reminder about that one.  I will have to add that to the list before I forget about it again.

#Post 8 of 23 OFFLINE   meaganS

meaganS

Trainee

• Members
  • Pip
  • 38 posts
  • Joined 27-July 12
Reviews

Posted 23 October 2012 - 12:54 PM

I LOVE Citrus Lane (I've been a subscriber for at least 6 months) but I also get bluum and have been nothing but disappointed with it. The only reason I've had it (for about 10 months) is because there have been a couple of eversave's (like groupon) for it which makes the box something like $5/month. I still don't think that price is worth it. I will definitely be unsubscribing soon.

#Post 9 of 23 OFFLINE   Kirari

Kirari

Novice

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 150 posts
  • Joined 10-May 12
Reviews

Posted 23 October 2012 - 01:12 PM

I've noticed that everyone posting here has kids that are fairly young.  My daugther's 11, and she's too cool for baby stuff.  However, she's too young for boring stuff, as she says.  Could anyone recommend a monthly box for a tween?  I've looked, but everything seems to be geared towards younger kids.

#Post 10 of 23 OFFLINE   Adrigirl81

Adrigirl81

Novice

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 90 posts
  • Joined 29-June 12
Reviews

Posted 24 October 2012 - 03:59 AM

There is a Groupon right now for a 3 month subscription to Citrus Lane for $35.  It says there are 2 days and 17 hours left to buy, but it has limited availability, so it may sell out before then.

#Post 11 of 23 OFFLINE   CAPSLOCK

CAPSLOCK

Buff

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 321 posts
  • Joined 25-July 12
Reviews

Posted 24 October 2012 - 04:41 AM

Originally Posted by Adrigirl81 View Post

There is a Groupon right now for a 3 month subscription to Citrus Lane for $35.  It says there are 2 days and 17 hours left to buy, but it has limited availability, so it may sell out before then.

In which city?  I don't see it in the first 5 or so cities that I tried.

#Post 12 of 23 OFFLINE   JenniferV

JenniferV

Buff

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 511 posts
  • Joined 25-August 12
Reviews

Posted 24 October 2012 - 05:15 AM

Originally Posted by CAPSLOCK View Post

In which city?  I don't see it in the first 5 or so cities that I tried.

Go to the Groupon Goods tab.  You'll see it there.

#Post 13 of 23 OFFLINE   Shannon28

Shannon28

Devotee

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 279 posts
  • Joined 17-August 12
Reviews

Posted 24 October 2012 - 01:35 PM

Originally Posted by JenniferV View Post

Go to the Groupon Goods tab.  You'll see it there.

Thanks for the heads up! I subbed this morning. They do state in the fine print your account will auto renew after three months. Just an FYI for anyone who signs up.

#Post 14 of 23 OFFLINE   Penny Bauder

Penny Bauder

Trainee

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
  • Joined 27-October 12
Reviews

Posted 27 October 2012 - 12:26 PM

Green Kid Crafts is an awesome kids craft subscription box! They are the only kids eco friendly craft box out there and even though they say they send 3 crafts and science projects, you often get more than that. Plus they send book recommendations to go with each month's theme. The crafts are most appropriate for preschool and early elementary aged kids. My daughter is 4.5 and she LOVES the box she gets each month. Value is good too at only $19.50/month - www.greenkidcrafts.com.

#Post 15 of 23 OFFLINE   page5

page5

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 907 posts
  • Joined 09-April 12
Reviews

Posted 27 October 2012 - 12:51 PM

Originally Posted by Kirari View Post

I've noticed that everyone posting here has kids that are fairly young.  My daugther's 11, and she's too cool for baby stuff.  However, she's too young for boring stuff, as she says.  Could anyone recommend a monthly box for a tween?  I've looked, but everything seems to be geared towards younger kids.

I have an 11 yr old daughter also. I think we need to get together and start a fun box for tweens . . . a craft or jewelry item, a book or puzzle or game, a shampoo or hair item or body spray, a treat, and a room or locker decor item.

#Post 16 of 23 OFFLINE   JenniferV

JenniferV

Buff

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 511 posts
  • Joined 25-August 12
Reviews

Posted 14 November 2012 - 04:13 PM

Here is a picture of this month's Citrus Lane (kids 3 and under) box.

#Post 17 of 23 OFFLINE   Canny Charlene

Canny Charlene

Buff

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 356 posts
  • Joined 25-July 12
Reviews

Posted 15 November 2012 - 05:37 AM

Looks like a great box this month..hope to get mine by sat :)

#Post 18 of 23 OFFLINE   Kirari

Kirari

Novice

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 150 posts
  • Joined 10-May 12
Reviews

Posted 15 November 2012 - 06:14 AM

Originally Posted by page5 View Post

I have an 11 yr old daughter also. I think we need to get together and start a fun box for tweens . . . a craft or jewelry item, a book or puzzle or game, a shampoo or hair item or body spray, a treat, and a room or locker decor item.

Well, from what I can tell, there aren't any currently going boxes for that age group, so there's definitely an empty market for it.  Now there is one box that is currently pre-launch for that age range, called ibbeautiful.  That's the only one I can find, though.

#Post 19 of 23 OFFLINE   Christy327

Christy327

Novice

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 154 posts
  • Joined 12-September 12
Reviews

Posted 04 January 2013 - 12:50 PM

I am also looking for boxes for kids 6 and older.

#Post 20 of 23 OFFLINE   MomOf5InKs

MomOf5InKs

Trainee

• Members
  • Pip
  • 22 posts
  • Joined 12-September 12
Reviews

Posted 06 January 2013 - 04:06 PM

I've tried finding boxes for older kids as well but haven't come up with much.  I have a 3 year old, but he's very much all over the place and I can generally come up with things for us to do for pretty cheap.  I have 8 year old twins who love arts & crafts & creating just about anything, but everything seems to be too young for them so I have to improvise with them.  Thank God for Pinterest!  My 2 oldest kids aren't very crafty but my oldest daughter (13) is starting to like getting her own surprises in the mail as well so I get them when I can find age-appropriate stuff.  I would love to see something for older kids, whether it's crafts or products just for them.  Until then, I just try to buy little things along the way and surprise them.