Question about makeup removing wipes

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

OiiO

✿ Anastasia ✿
Reaction score
Hello ladies and gents!

I recently discovered that I really enjoy using wet makeup removing wipes to take off my makeup and my favorites right now are Pond's Evening Soothe and Aveeno Ultra-Calming.

Now I do realize that this is not an ideal solution and on most days I take my makeup off properly. But I still like to have a nice stash by my bed for those times when I just want to crash and pass out. I would sometimes use one in the morning to help myself "wake up" faster :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

I'm curious to know who else here is a huge fan of wet wipes and what are your favorites? I would really like to expand my bedside "pantry" with more products so I would love to learn about everyone's experiences. I tried several brands and some of them made my face feel like it's burning (Almay, Yes To Cucumbers and Dr. Dennis Gross), so I suppose I'm looking for something that's meant for sensitive skin. Any suggestions?

Thanks in advance!

Nuetrogena makes nice ones.. I've used Burt's Bees wipes in the Sensitive formula, which I liked a lot. Have you tried the Yes! To Blueberries? I believe the formula is a little different than the Cucumber one. I only use them in the evening to remove my facial makeup, not mornings. I keep a facial mist for mornings and one in the purse lol.

I haven't tried Neutrogena or Burt's Bees yet, I just looked it up online and looks like they both have pretty good reviews so I might check them out next time I stop by Walgreens :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> 

Thanks!

Most male actors like using WetOnes because they're unscented, and very fast to remove make-ups including out-of-kit effects. Female actors like the make-up branded ones better, but are surprised by how effective the WetOnes are, (of course, they already come into my make-up room with the preconceived idea that WetOnes are bad for the face from other MUA's). I have worked on several sets where this is a very contensious issue among different Keys.

My experience with this issue, is that most Keys are against using WetOnes. I believe due-to-the-fact that we are dealing with very well-known famous A-listers, so we treat them with high-end products, also they are given the time, then again, those productions have well manned make-up departments.

I find WetOnes are better than baby wipes and generic wet wipes. Make-up branded wet wipes are too expensive for the limited quantity they offer. (Sometimes I use 200 wet wipes in one day, so cost effectivness is important, as well as how well they clean).

Baby wipes are too gentle to remove make-ups so you have to use more than three just to get basic foundation off, also the 650 sheet bulk sized ones tend to dry out faster, even when you reseal the packs as best as possible.

The generic wet ones sheets are too small and flimsy to remove make-ups effectively, hence you have to use more than three.

Make-up branded ones are great for ease of removal, but they only come in small quantity sized packs and are too expensive for bulk purchases.

The LAST thing any actor wants is to have a MUA use several wipes rubbing at their face after a 14 hour day on set. So quicker the better and less steps is key, (That's why I don't use the standard 3 step cleansing routine on most actors because of on-the-clock time, and it's too messy). The exceptions are on certain A-listers as I mentioned above. Then there is the pot-able water issue... But that is for another post, we are talking about wet wipes here.

The only limitation WetOnes have is, is removing S F/X make-ups, here you have to use specialized removers, but WetOnes are great for quickly removing the residue from the removers left on the skin.

That is a great point! I have used baby wipes before, a lot cheaper.. but haven't used Wet Ones brand before.

I use baby wipes and I have never tried anything else yet. Because my skin is very sensitive!!!
smile.gif

Wow I never would have thought about using WetOnes! Not going to lie, if anybody else told me to try them I would certainly have too many doubts and in the end would only end up finding a million excuses not to try them. Thanks for the advice, I will grab a pack to see if they work for me.

Olay daily facials express is might be your solutions. Its made specially for sensitive skin.These wet cleansing cloths contain aloe and vitamin E, making them extremely soft and moisturizing. They great makeup cleansers, too, even removing waterproof mascara with ease.

I absolutely love the Neutrogena Pink Grapefruit cleansing face wipes. I have adult acne. I do not recommend them for sensitive skin at all. Other people say they burn like fire. A girl at Work wanted to try one. She swore it burned really bad. I have never had that problem with these wipes. They remove waterproof eyeliner really really well. I don't use other makeup, except lip products, so I can't say how well the Pink Grapefruit wipes work to remove makeup, but I use one after every shower instead of astringent or toner, one later in the day if my face feels oily, and sometimes one before bed. I use them because astringent does burn my face like fire, but these wipes don't. If I wore more makeup, I think they would work to remove it, but they are generally with the acne products, not the makeup removers. I like to use them on the go when I'm running errands and sweating like a pig in the Summer, then going to Work.

Wet wipes or facial wipes are very good way to remove make up because they are soft and some of them contain anti bacterial ingredients in them too. Beside all these good qualities, I would like to suggest all the women over here to use baby oil while removing your make . You can also use baby oil along with these wet wipes. Baby oil will keep your skin soft and hydrated, you need not to apply any moisturiser after removing the make up.

Hope you all will like my suggestion.

I think the reason some Keys are against Wet Ones is possibly due to the the active ingredient in it - Benzethonium Chloride 0.3% - which is the disinfectant. Personally I don't see any harm in using it on an actor for a quick removal of makeup if time is a factor since obviously it's not going to be used on a daily basis for an extended period of time.

Inactive ingredients in Wet Ones:

Water, SD Alcohol 40, Propylene Glycol, Aloe Vera (Aloe Barbadensis) Leaf Juice, Potassium Sorbate, Quaternium 52, Fragrance, PEG 60 Lanolin, Citric Acid, Disodium EDTA

If some actors are so poo-poo against Wet Ones just remove the label off the container and write on the container makeup removal wipes. If anyone asks simply say you're testing a new product by a company whose name you can't disclose. ;) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

I really love the Yes to Blueberries one, but I think I'll look into Wet Ones and see how that works! Honestly, I don't use them often but they're good to have just in case.

I received Koh Gen Doh makeup remover in one of my glossy boxes and loved it so much that I bought more. That said, they also have a wet wipe, which is just a cloth soaked in their regular makeup remover. I love these. I don't use them on their own, I still cleanse as usual, but I love the ease and convenience of the wipe. I also like to bring them to the gym with me. I would say these are for sensitive skin (though they do lean towards the pricier side). 

I LOVE LOVE LOVE the Philosophy Purity wipes! I also enjoyed using the Say Yes line as well (the have a calming version, anti-aging version and acne-fighting version), and those you can get at Target or CVS or Walgreens.

I have used the say yes to blueberries and Josie maran bear naked wipes. I like the JM ones because they have argon oil in them and I use argon oil nightly! the yes to blueberries worked awesome too, very refreshing.. I just picked up a pack of Burt's bees sensitive wipes today and I can't wait to try them out!

Latest posts

Back