Makeup packaging

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
There is usually a specific reason I pick something up. Usually it is a color or style of something I haven't seen or tried before. I almost never purchase solely for packaging.

The packaging is how I first discovered UD, I loved the way primer potion looked!

I am neutral on packaging because I care more about the quality of the content, but I still don't want cheap plastic compacts lol

However if I don't mind paying a bit more for the same good stuff with prettier/cuter packaging. Japanese makeup brands are good at these. I just couldn't resist when I know they are still good quality make up.

I mean, who can resist packaging like this?

Packaging is appealing and may initially draw me in, but quality is what makes me want to buy and keep buying the product.

I go with brands I'm familiar with, because I know the level of quality they uphold with their products. sometimes, but not always, elaborate packaging is just an attempt to compensate for mediocre products

I actually don't care about packaging as long as it's convenient. I look to product quality way more. One of my Lorac palette was really pretty and felt well made, but the lid kept closing and not staying open...so I returned it haha

Speaking of packaging, I really like how Sephora's new Cinderella ES palette has a removable tray...wish my UD BOSs had this :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> instead of that stupid drawer. 

Packaging!!!!! love it.

I am also willing to try anything, any brand from any store, you never know when you find the next IT.

If I'm buying one make-up brand over others it's because that brand as demonstrated consistent quality over other brands.

Packaging can grab my attention to take a look at a brand I've never encountered before.  But if a brand that has a consistent track record of being crap, no amount of pretty packaging will draw me towards them.

I'm easily sucked in by packaging. However, now that I can so easily access reviews about a product, if it doesn't perform or the quality isn't there, I'm not going for it.

I was initially drawn to Benefit because of the packaging and labeling.  I just loved the retro/pinup girl/bad girl look of it.  The product didn't disappoint, so I am still loving the line and can't get enough.  Urban Decay has similar effect on me.  I love cool packaging, but the product inside must be good too.

Originally Posted by yoru /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I am neutral on packaging because I care more about the quality of the content, but I still don't want cheap plastic compacts lol

However if I don't mind paying a bit more for the same good stuff with prettier/cuter packaging. Japanese makeup brands are good at these. I just couldn't resist when I know they are still good quality make up.

I mean, who can resist packaging like this?

I like pretty packaging, BUT it must be a great product also. LOL it will go back for sure.

^^^ But that sure is some eye catching items, yoru.
icon_cheesygrin.gif
claps.gif

Cute packaging will always catch my eye, but I always make sure I read reviews about products before I buy them, so even if something looks cute I need to make sure reviews are good too. I love benefit packaging and their products are good as well so win-win! :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> 

I don't care about how packaging looks, I just want it to be practical.  I have two UD books of shadows and the packaging on those sucks.  Sure, it looks fancy, but it takes up way too much space for the amount of eyeshadow in there.  I'm going to depot for of those as soon as I get around to buying a z-palette.  Give me something plain and functional any day.

As the queen of de-potting, I can honestly say packages never sway me to purchase, but they will make me not purchase something.

Packaging catches my attention at first (Oooooh, shiny), but sometime over packaging kills it for me. I like too faced pallets because the packaging always impresses me, but upon inspection the size of the eyeshadows VS. the price is just silly. I'd rather swatch in store and buy a couple full sized of the shadows featured in the pallet. I spent too much money on the tarte trueBlood pallet and that was because I loved the packaging so much and the eyeshadows were very close to full size.

Packaging can definitely draw me in, but it isn't everything. I care much more about the product itself than the packaging.

Great packaging definitely gets my attention. I won't buy it unless the product is a great quality though. Also, if the packaging makes the application and usage of the product difficult, I'll pass on it.

Back