November 2012 No/Low Buy Thread

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'll probably be indulging a bit in November..but otherwise, trying to stick to staples and necessities!

Originally Posted by MissLindaJean /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I'll probably be indulging a bit in November..but otherwise, trying to stick to staples and necessities!
I'm right there with you! I plan to buy the tarte lipsurgance collector set and Benefit's Hello Flawless foundation around the 5th when I get paid for blogging, but after that, I'm going to try to not purchase anything else so I can save money for Christmas shopping.

It's so daunting, though!

We'll survive! I think Black Friday will be my splurge day...!! Lol, I will run into my tiny JCP Sephora and that's it... No online orders!

Oh no! I didn't even think about Black Friday. Eek. Maybe if I eat enough turkey and stuffing the night before, I won't wake up in time to make the sales. XD

Originally Posted by thewendyyybird /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I'm right there with you! I plan to buy the tarte lipsurgance collector set and Benefit's Hello Flawless foundation around the 5th when I get paid for blogging, but after that, I'm going to try to not purchase anything else so I can save money for Christmas shopping.

It's so daunting, though!

Ooh, that's right, I almost forgot about the Tarte lipsurgence set, I love those!  That's such a great deal for so many different colors and you can even pop a few out of the set and add them to gifts to other people.  Is the Hello Flawless foundation your holy grail foundation?  I haven't tried it yet.  I love, love, love the holiday makeup sets and always wonder whether to bite the bullet and get what I want before the holidays so they don't run out or wait until after the holidays so I can get them on sale.  A lot of the really cool ones get snapped up and become sold out.

It's so cool that you are a MakeUpTalk blogger!  Congrats on getting the job, it couldn't have gone to a sweeter girl.

I'm gonna try a no-buy for November! I just got an order from Sephora today and realized that altogether I have 10 different primers, so it's probably best to do a no-buy for a while...

Originally Posted by sweetiegirlll /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Ooh, that's right, I almost forgot about the Tarte lipsurgence set, I love those!  That's such a great deal for so many different colors and you can even pop a few out of the set and add them to gifts to other people.  Is the Hello Flawless foundation your holy grail foundation?  I haven't tried it yet.  I love, love, love the holiday makeup sets and always wonder whether to bite the bullet and get what I want before the holidays so they don't run out or wait until after the holidays so I can get them on sale.  A lot of the really cool ones get snapped up and become sold out.

It's so cool that you are a MakeUpTalk blogger!  Congrats on getting the job, it couldn't have gone to a sweeter girl.
I love the one Tarte lipsurgence I have (I believe it's a tint in Joy), so getting five for the price of one and a third is amazing. I swatched them on my skin the last time I was in the store and got really excited. And yes, the Hello Flawless foundation is my HG foundation at the moment. I really like it because it definitely covers, but it isn't too heavy. It's weird because I've seen people complain that it settles into fine lines, but I've just never had that problem. I don't know if they changed the formula recently or if I just don't have a lot of fine lines, but I never notice any straying or settling.

And thank you! You are rather sweet yourself, my dear! You need to PM me with how you're doing - let's catch up!
beer.gif

Originally Posted by hindsighting /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I'm gonna try a no-buy for November! I just got an order from Sephora today and realized that altogether I have 10 different primers, so it's probably best to do a no-buy for a while...
Oh dear! That's where I am with mascaras - I have three opened at the moment, and I might be getting a fourth from Ipsy. No more! I also have three eye primers (which I rarely use)!

I'm trying for a low-buy in November. I plan to only purchase a few necessities from Ulta and Sephora's VIB sale, as well as a few hair products on Black Friday. I have enough mascara and face primers to last me well into next year and I definitely have been neglecting my stash of samples I've accumulated since the beginning of this year. 

Going for a no-buy again in November.  Additionally, my goal is to use up 3 full size products, preferably 4, and 7 samples.

Good luck everyone, we can do it!

My October No-Buy was successful. I'm aiming for a low buy in November. There are a few things I've had my eye on and I might as well take advantage of holiday savings. The goal is to not divert from the list though. I'm still trying to use up products as well. I need to clean out my makeup drawer again.

I already messed November up by opening a new LBB. But in my defense, the purse is too gorgeous to pass up and my last LBB (and first all rolled into 1) was in September. Maybe I'll try for Christmas presents since all I have now is the purse, a green M.M. eyeshadow, and 2 bars of soap (I like soap, but that's kind of a WTF item for a LBB). Actually, I wouldn't be too bothered if that was my ending bag, come to think of it.

I should have remembered that I just ordered a bunch of stuff from JCP during their sale a few days ago.. I haven't gotten shipping confirmation so I hope that since it was all clearance stuff, that they're out of everything and will have to cancel my order. If not then I can justify it since it's mostly clothing (and I need pants) that I will wear.

This month I think I might have to postpone my no-buy. Or just do it on a one-day-at-a-time basis. The days add up to weeks, and those add up to months, etc. Sephora also has a ton of stuff I want want want, and a lot of it is on sale too. I'm earning more money now that I'm doing a work-study.. but I really need to start saving money instead of blowing it. AND I am usually done Christmas shopping by now and I haven't even started.

My october no buy went well until the end. I'm thinking of more of a move it out november...and hopefully no additional purchases. I'll be visiting my mom and sister so I'm just going to take a whole bunch of stuff to them and let them take what they want. 

I've been gone from MUT for a crazy long time, but I'm back now.

I need to jump back on the no-buy bandwagon. I haven't bought a ton of makeup over the past few months, but I have definitely gone pretty crazy on clothes and accessories. I had just cleared out my closet a couple of months ago, and it's already back to it's overflowing status. 

Sigh. I'm just gonna go ahead and blame crazy buying on the whole being super stressed because of school. Oh, and not having any money. Weird (and pretty annoying) how that works.

Originally Posted by ladygrey /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I've been gone from MUT for a crazy long time, but I'm back now.

I need to jump back on the no-buy bandwagon. I haven't bought a ton of makeup over the past few months, but I have definitely gone pretty crazy on clothes and accessories. I had just cleared out my closet a couple of months ago, and it's already back to it's overflowing status. 

Sigh. I'm just gonna go ahead and blame crazy buying on the whole being super stressed because of school. Oh, and not having any money. Weird (and pretty annoying) how that works.
Yay!! Nice to see you again! 

My big concern is Black Friday coming up and gift shopping..I have a horrible tendency to overbuy and stuff bags/baskets with things for friends. So I revised that by deciding not to shop for any of them. It sounds mean, but I hardly ever get anything in return, birthday or Christmas, plus the money can be spent on my own family or put towards something better, like savings(although I doubt that) or a big expense. I have a couple to get something, then my immediate family, which is 5 people. That's more than enough; everyone else is getting a card lol. Let's hope I remember that when I'm out browsing the sales, though.

Oh yes, and nail polish, which has been my Kryptonite the last few months. One a week and has to be under $10 or I forfeit two weeks' worth. 

Originally Posted by MissLindaJean /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Yay!! Nice to see you again! 

My big concern is Black Friday coming up and gift shopping..I have a horrible tendency to overbuy and stuff bags/baskets with things for friends. So I revised that by deciding not to shop for any of them. It sounds mean, but I hardly ever get anything in return, birthday or Christmas, plus the money can be spent on my own family or put towards something better, like savings(although I doubt that) or a big expense. I have a couple to get something, then my immediate family, which is 5 people. That's more than enough; everyone else is getting a card lol. Let's hope I remember that when I'm out browsing the sales, though.

Oh yes, and nail polish, which has been my Kryptonite the last few months. One a week and has to be under $10 or I forfeit two weeks' worth. 
It's good to be back!

Oh man, Black Friday...trying to not even think about it. Last year I bought a ton of stuff that they had for deals, and most of it I've barely even touch (like those clunky Tokidoki quads!). Some of them got given away as gifts for friends, but this year, I think I'm going to just go the baked goods route. Put them in some cute, cheap tupperware or something. I hear ya on the friends! I used to get things for people all the time, just don't have money for that now! Plus, we're going to be spending a lot of money on travelling, so we don't have much leftover for gifts. So, no buying! Then I don't have an excuse to buy anything, and then get tempted to keep a few items. 

I went on a no buy last month but i didnt start out so well. This month I'm going for  a no buy for the first weeks, I need to save up to do some black friday shopping.

Originally Posted by ladygrey /img/forum/go_quote.gif

It's good to be back!

Oh man, Black Friday...trying to not even think about it. Last year I bought a ton of stuff that they had for deals, and most of it I've barely even touch (like those clunky Tokidoki quads!). Some of them got given away as gifts for friends, but this year, I think I'm going to just go the baked goods route. Put them in some cute, cheap tupperware or something. I hear ya on the friends! I used to get things for people all the time, just don't have money for that now! Plus, we're going to be spending a lot of money on travelling, so we don't have much leftover for gifts. So, no buying! Then I don't have an excuse to buy anything, and then get tempted to keep a few items. 
Yep..always overbought to have options and piece everything together, but always snagged some stuff to keep for myself. A few friends, one in particular, if I like it, I know they will..tastes run similar enough.  Baked goods sound nice right now, too. Last year, whipped up a lot of stuff and am planning to repeat. I can do extra and just wrap stuff up cutesy and stick the card with it..yep..sounds cheaper than individual gifts lol.

Latest posts

Back