Glossybox - November 2012

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JessP

Advanced Member
Reaction score
Can't wait to see what Glossybox has in store for November (which is only 2 days away..crazy!). 

In the meantime, two things:

Did you see GB changed the homepage of their website? It's much more flashy now lol.

To those of you who received the Koh Gen Do cleansing spa water in September - do you like it? I'm thinking of purchasing it but want to know thoughts first! :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

I love it. Its super gentle on skin & its great for removing makeup. Decent price too.

Originally Posted by JessP /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Did you see GB changed the homepage of their website? It's much more flashy now lol.

To those of you who received the Koh Gen Do cleansing spa water in September - do you like it? I'm thinking of purchasing it but want to know thoughts first! :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />
I just looked it up. I may have to get some also. Can it be used at night instead of washing your face with a facial cleanser?

I love it. Its super gentle on skin & its great for removing makeup. Decent price too.
Cool, thanks for letting me know! I just may have to purchase a bottle! :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

I just looked it up. I may have to get some also. Can it be used at night instead of washing your face with a facial cleanser?
Maybe- my understanding is that it's mostly a makeup remover, then you wash your face afterwards. I suppose it depends on your nighttime routine. I'd probably still wash my face, though sometimes I just use a makeup removing towelette before bed and call it a day lol.

I like the cleansing water a lot.  Its just as gentle as Bioderma, but a little better for removing waterproof makeup.  Its more expensive than Bioderma, so its a toss up for me.  

Originally Posted by JessP /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I like it. My only complaint is that a little doesn't go a long way and for waterproof liners I need to soak a cotton ball and hold it for a few seconds instead of a wipe and go like those double phase remover things. So if i didn't go buck wild on my eye makeup for the day, I just cotton square my face and call it a day.

I'm excited for November, this is my first month since I unsubscribed after the super disappointing August box. 

Here's hoping for something good! :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> And by the way, you can try emailing Koh Gen Do and asking for a sample, I heard they sent them out to some people.

I wonder if Hurricane Sandy will affect the shipping of GB. They are based in NJ aren't they?

Originally Posted by princess2010 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I wonder if Hurricane Sandy will affect the shipping of GB. They are based in NJ aren't they?
I know they have said that customer service will be delayed..and Iknow the boxes ship from NJ so it's very possible.

I'm excited for November, this is my first month since I unsubscribed after the super disappointing August box.  Here's hoping for something good! :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> And by the way, you can try emailing Koh Gen Do and asking for a sample, I heard they sent them out to some people.
Will do! Thanks for the tip! :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

I've been really impressed by the last few Glossyboxes and I've gotten some great shades, aside from the brown Illamasqua but even that pushes me outside of my comfort zone and probably will look great for fall, maybe under a flaky polish?  It was definitely something I didn't have and I love getting those from subscription boxes.

Can't wait to see what's planned for November.

Argghh, I'm hoping Glossybox is late in running through the charge this month, I was double charged on my latest Sephora order and waiting for the bank to credit my account, I'm afraid there won't be any money if Glossybox puts it through in the next few days
icon_cry.gif

So my DH has fallen in love with my loofah soap from last month. He's asking for some in his Christmas stocking!
roflmao.gif

Originally Posted by princess2010 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

So my DH has fallen in love with my loofah soap from last month. He's asking for some in his Christmas stocking!
roflmao.gif
lol  I made my husband try mine because it was too rough for me. He really likes to exfoliate. He loved it! 

I gave the loofah to my grandma and the lipstick to my mom (I would've kept both, but I could tell they wanted them). I was unsure when I first heard the spa theme, but overall, I thought last month's box was great...getting legitimate use out of everything. I'm excited to see what's in this month's box. Also crossing my fingers that a nice discount code pops up so I can re-subscribe for December.

Latest posts

Back