different makeup brushes

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Sort of new to using different brushes for different things, but since i'm trying to hide more imperfections these days i'd like to know which brushes to use (with pictures if possible LOL) for my concealer and my foundation and my finishing powder.

I appreciate all of your help :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />
Jenn

For concealer I use a smaller firm brush like the EcoTools concealer brush. It is not as fluffy but more firm so you can move creams around.

For foundations you can use a sponge, brush or your hands. A lot of ladies use a mixture of a foundation brush and a stippling brush.

For finishing powders I use a bronzer brush actually. It's super soft and picks up a lot of product.

I am recommending EcoTools because they are extremely soft, inexpensive, readily available (you can easily find them online or in stores), cruelty free and are synthetic (helps avoid skin reactions). Hope this helps

I would recommend Gold Rush serie brush set From Royal Care cosmetics. I got it from amazon couple weeks ago. in this set you will find all needed brushes for your makeup. 

Some brushes for powder, foundation, eye shadow, mascara brush, big and small fan brushes and even Brushes For lip gloss. good luck 

thank you for providing the pictures, i get so confused with all the different types :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />
I have a stipling brush i got from coastal scents, would that work for finishing powder?

To help hide discolorations I find a round nylon craft brush about the width of a pinky finger works better than any of my others.

Bent Liner Brush  is specifically designed for applying gel eyeliner I am recommending this brush becouse im using. 

If you can swing a little extra, I'd highly suggest trying Sigma Beauty's brushes. They are amazing quality and will last you a life time! You can buy entire kits or just seperate brushes. The F70 concealer brush http://www.sigmabeauty.com/product_p/f70.htm is great for applying concealer under your eyes, around your nose and any blemishes. Also, Sonia Kashuk which is available at Target has some great brushes that I swear by.  A lot of people have been raving about the Real Techniques brushes which are available at Ulta. Hope this helps, let me know if you have more questions :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

I own only a couple of brushes...one big one that I use to apply blush (initially received it for free in my mineral makeup starter kit) and two smaller brushes that I use for eyeshadow (I think they were $1 each at Target).  (This is partly because I keep my makeup in a little makeup bag and frequently tote it to work to apply later in the morning after I've had 3 or 4 cups of coffee and can function, so not much room in the little bag for brushes.) 

But I'd like to get more serious about makeup application, and it seems this involves using more brushes.  I was at sephora over the weekend and randomly picked up a big brush, and it was soooo soft, I had trouble putting it down.  It was about $50.  For one brush.  I almost bought it, even though I had no idea what it's supposed to be used for, just because it was sooooo soft.  But I didn't...because it would be silly to spend $50 for something I might not need and don't know how to use.

So I guess my question is this - are makeup brushes one of those products where you get what you pay for, and it would make sense to spend a bunch of money on a fancy brush...or can I get away with buying something a fraction of the price?  Also, if you had to choose 3 or 4 brushes only for all your makeup needs, what would you consider to be the most indispensable brushes in your collection?

Latest posts

Back