Makeup for my Hermione costume?

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hey all, its been so long since I've posted on here! I missed it! So technically I'm a boy but I like to dress as a girl whenever I can(but never in public). This year I think I may get up the courage and go to a party in my Halloween costume this year, a sexy witch!  There's a party this weekend that was postponed cause of the storm, but I have no idea what kind of makeup to use(or how!)  I was thinking maybe starting with a cat eye?(which I've never done!)

Can you all help please?  Thanks so much!  Here's some pics for you all(sry theyre a bit blurry!)

Ditto cat eye. Bold lips maybe? Gotta be a naughty Hermione :p /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

You have amazing legs, I am so jealous!

Well since Hermione really didn't "wear" make-up I think just some basic accent stuff would be perfect. Foundation (since you are male I'd suggest something with a yellow or bronze type tone to hide the blue-ish color caused by stubble), little bit of blush (I'd suggest a fairly pink color but also put on very lightly and only at the very edge of your cheeks.) for lips I think just a gloss would be perfect but if you want a more pouty look you can highlight your lips with a light or metallic shade of eye shadow that matches with your lipstick by just dabbing it in the middle of your lips.) And last but not least for eyes I think cat eyes would be a really great way to get sexy eyes without going over the top (although we all love going over the top here! <3) Some tips for eyes are- "The key to perfect liquid liner application is practice, practice, practice! Play with it only when you have time, in case you mess up. Not 15 minutes before you have to go into work. :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> If you mess up while applying liquid eye liner, don't get frustrated. You don't have to start over again. Simply dip a Q-Tip in some moisturizer or make-up remover and wipe away the spot you messed up. Wait till you skin is dry and try again. After using liquid liner, avoid smudging by blasting your face with some cool air from your hair dryer. This will help it to set faster. " Also what helps me get a strait line with my liner (and I use a creme liner with a brush- not liquid btw but is works for just about anything) and this goes for lips and eyes- is anchor your elbow on a counter or table when your are lining. It helps prevent shaking and gives you more control. Oh for eyes- if you want your eyes to appear bigger and give that "younger" or innocent look you can line the lower waterline with white and then do a nice dark brown or black eyeliner under that. it helps make your eyes pop and little. Hope some of that helps!

I think the cat eye would look marvelous! Beautiful costume. However she was more of the character to look simple, but pretty so you can dry naked colors or dull. It should do what you feel is good on you and it will come out perfect! Have fun!

Back