QOTD November 2, 2012: Stuffed or unstuffed - battle of the turkey stuffings

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score

With Thanksgiving (US) just right around the corner I was wondering how do you like your turkey, stuff or unstuffed? It's suppose to be safer cooking the bird unstuffed but do you stuff it after near the end of cooking, bake it with the stuffing from the get go or serve the stuffing on the side?

!!!

My dad makes THE best stuffing ever, and of course he puts it in the bird. He also makes extra outside of the bird for my vegetarian brother (which gets eaten by the rest of us only after the best stuff is gone). I'll be learning his recipe this year and I can't wait. Edit: Oh, he puts it in at the beginning. We've never been sick from it and he's been doing that for at least the 26 years I've been alive.

Thanksgiving is my favorite holiday, ever. I don't care if I gain a million pounds that day.

18.gif

Stuffing? Bleck. I make a roasted garlic & rosemary turkey every year (no stuffing!) . Let me know if anyone wants the recipe :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Originally Posted by Souly /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Stuffing? Bleck. I make a roasted garlic & rosemary turkey every year (no stuffing!) . Let me know if anyone wants the recipe :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />
I would! Garlic anything... YUM! Post it in the Everything Food Related forum please. :D /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Not stuffed! Not that I'm the one cooking, but I don't like stuffing to begin with, so I don't need it mixed in my yummy turkey

My papa says " I grew up, watching my mama stuff a turkey and was never sick. You've never been sick, but maybe our family knows cooking. Keep stuffin'!" Lol..my fave is the stuffing inside, but last year, I didn't stuff mine. I did a brine and stuffed rosemary, herbs, oranges and apple's inside. Best turkey EVER! Lol..I'm stuffing inside again this year. Also, we make a chorizo stuffing dish and man, that's tasty!

Definitely stuffed. The warning is that stuffed turkeys that are not fully cooked will make you sick. If you know how to cook, there's no worry that the turkey is underdone.

I am not vegetarian but I am completely grossed out by meat on bones. So the thought of my yummy stuffing touching the carcass completely makes me feel ill. So unstuffed for me. If I were cooking for only me, there would be no turkey.

Off topic, but last year my mom found a recipe and cooked her thanksgiving meats in dr. pepper. YUM!

now that I think about it, it was probably the ham not the turkey. Still delishhh

Stuffed on the inside with more on the outside in the same pan to get all the flavors infused in the drippings to make gravy. I grew up with it that way and have been doing it for about 25 years myself and no one ever got sick. Like Divadoll said, if you know how to cook it then there should be no worry about getting sick. Honestly the only time's I hate it stuffed is when my sister-in-law does her's. We both do a stuffed turkey to bring to Mom's for each holiday and her stuffing is horrible, mushy and tasteless. One time I didn't take mine there, everyone was complaining about mine not being there. The other half said I had better make mine each holiday or he is staying home...lol

I do the stuffing on the side. Not for health reasons just because I prefer it a little crispy.

Back