My Shade of Brown - November 2012

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

quene8106

bonita applebum.
Reaction score
"A great place to live for all of our citizens".
Just saw this on the msb blog. They're also based in NYC like Birchbox and are having issues with shipping too. Check out the message below. Pillow box delays ;( Hello Beauties! We wanted to make sure to update you about potential delays in receiving this month’s box due to Hurricane Sandy touching down on the East Coast earlier this week. If you or your family were affected, we hope you are all safe and sound. Sadly, we are still awaiting shipments from our vendors so November’s box may be delayed up to a week. In addition, our customer service staff is working overtime to answer emails but response times will be slower than usual due to low internet connectivity.We will update you as soon as we set a definitive ship date. We are so grateful to have you as a customer and look forward to getting back up and running! Thank you, The My Shade of Brown Team  www.myshadeofbrown.com

I signed up but I haven't received my box yet. Thanks so much for sharing. Will let you know what I think of the box.

Originally Posted by NikNik455 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I signed up but I haven't received my box yet. Thanks so much for sharing. Will let you know what I think of the box.
You're welcome :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />  I have no idea what is in the box this month since they don't do sneak peeks like birchbox and my glam

I just got my box in the mail today.  Pics are underneath the spoiler

Hair Rules Quench Ultra Rich Conditioner

Ada Cosmetics "Finishing Veil" - use it to set your makeup and as a last touch over your foundation or other makeup.
Black Opal Invisible Oil Blocking Mattifier and True Color Lipstick (in the satchel)
What do you think of this month?

I got my box.. yesterday and my "Extra" was a mango body butter soap.. "LOVED IT" smelled so good. What I was wondering with the black opal can I use that under power? and I laughed when I saw the finishing veil b/c I had got a chaky white one from BB a few months back and for obvious reason could not wear it unless for holloween to be a ghost and said to my self then i wish it was darker now i can actually try it .. that kind of made my day.. very pleased with MSB and will keep them around

Ill actually be using EVERY single item that came in the box without thinking of a way to re purpose it i like that

Originally Posted by Yolanda Horton /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I got my box.. yesterday and my "Extra" was a mango body butter soap.. "LOVED IT" smelled so good. What I was wondering with the black opal can I use that under power? and I laughed when I saw the finishing veil b/c I had got a chaky white one from BB a few months back and for obvious reason could not wear it unless for holloween to be a ghost and said to my self then i wish it was darker now i can actually try it .. that kind of made my day.. very pleased with MSB and will keep them around

Ill actually be using EVERY single item that came in the box without thinking of a way to re purpose it i like that
Hmm, I'm not sure how to use the finishing veil, lol.  I am thinking that it's similar to the makeup forever translucent powder?

My extra was a Georgia body wash.  I'm not too keen on the smell but I'll still give it a try (it's a lemongrass scent)

I loved that little magazine that they put in the box this month.  I see that they are stepping their game up.

I used my veil as a setting power .. I actually do have a oily tzone and living in fla makes it worse .. even though the weather is nice now it wont last long.. my nose stayed nice and dry. My soap smelled like fresh mango w/ the hint of cocoa I guess from the shea butter... Doing the comparison I can use all five items here and 2/6 from BB

I think I'll try it what could hurt. If I don't like I'll cancel. I didn't like Myglam at first but gave them a chance and they have definitely won me over.

Originally Posted by Yolanda Horton /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I used my veil as a setting power .. I actually do have a oily tzone and living in fla makes it worse .. even though the weather is nice now it wont last long.. my nose stayed nice and dry. My soap smelled like fresh mango w/ the hint of cocoa I guess from the shea butter... Doing the comparison I can use all five items here and 2/6 from BB
nice! i'm still waiting on my bb and it sucks. i got the box with all of the skincare in it smh.  i also got a mango body wash in my msb box months ago and it smells awesome. whenever i get up to 100 loyalty points, i'll get it.

Are you affiliated with this company? I really wasn't impressed with the box and neither were my friends. I feel bad that I suggested they try it.

Yes I loved the My Shade of Brown box for the month of November.  I have used every sample except for the soap, but I am an avid soap hoarder and I will probably get around to using it one day, lol.  I loved the finishing powder which I think was worth the admission of the box alone, and when I am done with the sample, I am for sure going to buy the full size.  It works perfect with the Yana foundation (I just bought that on my own without sampling it, it is the best foundation match I have ever had!). The black opal stuff was good to and probably will be purchasing it for the warmer months.    My Shade of Brown has saved me tons of money on wasting my money on products that don't work with my skin tone.  I was a bit skeptical at first, but I am completely sold now!

I agree with the other ladies, Birch Box is my least fav sub.  November's box was filled with one time use packets, and a small sample of stinky perfume, and a travel sized bottle of lotion.  Not even worth $10 maybe worth $5.  I also sub to Ipsy which I love too.  I cannot wait to see what is in My Shade of Brown December's pillow box! 

Latest posts

Back