-->

Welcome to MakeupTalk

Sign In  Log in with Facebook

Create Account
Welcome to MakeupTalk, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be apart of MakeupTalk by signing in or creating an account.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.

Guest Message by DevFuse

Sponsor

Recent Images In This Topic/Thread

No Images in this topic
Photo

Sulfate free shampoo/conditioner for straight, fine, limp hair?

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#Post 1 of 6 OFFLINE   KatiebuglovesBB

KatiebuglovesBB

Devotee

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 288 posts
  • Joined 10-March 12

Posted 03 November 2012 - 05:47 PM

Hi all. I was looking for recommendations on a good sulfate free shampoo and conditioner for thin, straight, limp hair. I'm looking for volume! Any recommendations??

#Post 2 of 6 OFFLINE   page5

page5

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 907 posts
  • Joined 09-April 12

Posted 03 November 2012 - 07:00 PM

I really like the Oscar Blandi Pronto Wet Instant Voluminizing Shampoo and Conditioner. They are sulfate and paraben free. I found mine at TJ Maxx for $7.99/bottle.

#Post 3 of 6 OFFLINE   OiiO

OiiO

✿ Anastasia ✿

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,374 posts
  • Joined 06-June 12

Posted 03 November 2012 - 07:42 PM

I had great success with Hair Rules shampoo and conditioner, they're both sold in Birchbox store and I seriously considered getting them with my points.

#Post 4 of 6 OFFLINE   americanclassic

americanclassic

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 946 posts
  • Joined 14-August 11

Posted 05 November 2012 - 01:57 PM

I use Nature's Gate--it uses organic ingredients and is sulfate-free :). Companies usually have different formulas, so I'd go with the volumizing shampoos and conditioners. If your hair is limp, you could change your shampooing habits--i.e. conditioner can really weigh your hair down, so I'd avoid putting it on your scalp in case it doesn't rinse off. Or get it layered, so it's lighter.

#Post 5 of 6 OFFLINE   Adrigirl81

Adrigirl81

Novice

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 90 posts
  • Joined 29-June 12

Posted 05 November 2012 - 02:28 PM

I love, love, love the Alba Botanica Honey Dew Hawaiian Shampoo/Conditioner!  I have been using it for about 2 weeks, and my hair looks and smells great.  It doesn't seem to weigh my hair down at all.    I also wanted something free of sulfates, parabens, and all of that.  And I avoid putting very much conditioner above my ear line, if that makes sense.  I put it on the rest of my hair, and then smooth what's left on my hands on the top of my head.  It really does seem to help.

#Post 6 of 6 OFFLINE   madcute

madcute

Trainee

• Members
  • Pip
  • 33 posts
  • Joined 13-September 12

Posted 12 November 2012 - 07:31 PM

I have pretty fine and oily hair and even though this is a "moisturizing" shampoo, Carol's Daughter Black Vanilla shampoo does add volume and smells so freaking good!