Sulfate free shampoo/conditioner for straight, fine, limp hair?

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hi all. I was looking for recommendations on a good sulfate free shampoo and conditioner for thin, straight, limp hair. I'm looking for volume! Any recommendations??

I really like the Oscar Blandi Pronto Wet Instant Voluminizing Shampoo and Conditioner. They are sulfate and paraben free. I found mine at TJ Maxx for $7.99/bottle.

I had great success with Hair Rules shampoo and conditioner, they're both sold in Birchbox store and I seriously considered getting them with my points.

I use Nature's Gate--it uses organic ingredients and is sulfate-free :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />. Companies usually have different formulas, so I'd go with the volumizing shampoos and conditioners. If your hair is limp, you could change your shampooing habits--i.e. conditioner can really weigh your hair down, so I'd avoid putting it on your scalp in case it doesn't rinse off. Or get it layered, so it's lighter.

I love, love, love the Alba Botanica Honey Dew Hawaiian Shampoo/Conditioner!  I have been using it for about 2 weeks, and my hair looks and smells great.  It doesn't seem to weigh my hair down at all. 
biggrin.gif
  I also wanted something free of sulfates, parabens, and all of that.  And I avoid putting very much conditioner above my ear line, if that makes sense.  I put it on the rest of my hair, and then smooth what's left on my hands on the top of my head.  It really does seem to help.

I have pretty fine and oily hair and even though this is a "moisturizing" shampoo, Carol's Daughter Black Vanilla shampoo does add volume and smells so freaking good! 

Latest posts

Back