Oh my... battle of the newsletters (Beauty Army & Glossybox)

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Beauty Army sent this via email on November 3, 2012.

​
Glossybox sent this out today (November 6).

Thoughts?

At the very least it is shocking to me. I applaud creativity and seeing this is a disappointment. I will type more after my nails dry!
icon_cheesygrin.gif

Is this GB copying BA though, or just both of them using the Allure magazine article as their advertising? It would make sense that they would come out at roughly the same time of they were both part of the same article. Of course, I didn't read the article so I don't know for sure, but given that the blurb and photo are credited to Allure it seems a reasonable assumption.

Beauty Army has Allure's permission to use the image (which came from the article) but I don't know if Glossybox does. It's just weird how both use the image in the same manner since there are other ways Glossybox could have used the article/image. In the Glossybox pic it looks like they cropped the model at the knee where the Allure Magazine credit was at in the Beauty Army version. It's just so weird!

Originally Posted by Auntboo /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Is this GB copying BA though, or just both of them using the Allure magazine article as their advertising? It would make sense that they would come out at roughly the same time of they were both part of the same article. Of course, I didn't read the article so I don't know for sure, but given that the blurb and photo are credited to Allure it seems a reasonable assumption.
That would make sense if it is an allure ad used by both companies.

This might be the answer for this. They featured some beauty subs in their article:

GB is also featured in their article:

BA:

I'm betting allure made the images for them.

errr wait, now that I see the knee cut off thing..idk. Strange.

I think the picture for glossybox lives up to what ive experienced the other two do not. Thats a disspointment.

Well, it could be coincidence? If they were both sent the same image to use. But that's pretty nuts that they're so close like that! The Glossybox one doesn't look as nicely made either.

Back