• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to MakeUp Talk and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

Sephora VIB Event- It's Here!!

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
So I got my email today for the Sephora VIB event along with the 20% off coupon! Well, I can't quite remember exactly but I think last year the VIB gift was a $15 gift card. I'm not sure if this is taking the place of that or if that's coming later in December. Anyone know? Either way it's time to update my shopping list :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

I got the email too!  November 8th-12th.  I am so excited! I have my wishlist all picked out.

Are the email and card sent via mail just the same? Because I noticed the barcode at the bottom of the email. I have to look for my card! We just got back to Bay Area from our SoCal home and I hope I ddnt leave it home.
icon_cry.gif

does anyone know where the card gets sent to? my billing address is not where i currently live (or where i get my orders shipped to)

Originally Posted by aleeeshuh /img/forum/go_quote.gif

OMG. I saw your post and immediately checked me email, but I didn't get an email :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> 
Don't worry its good for the 8-12, so maybe it's still coming your way! If not always check the mail, they usually send me one online and the card in the mail.

I actually opted out of the email subscriptions! Hopefully, I'll get it soon

Originally Posted by jesmari /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Don't worry its good for the 8-12, so maybe it's still coming your way! If not always check the mail, they usually send me one online and the card in the mail.

Is it a generic code or an individual one?

I am a VIB, but I never get Sephora e-mails. I've e-mailed them multiple times & they always just say they've reset my e-mail & promotional messages should begin in ten days, but they never do! I don't want to miss out on this promo!

Originally Posted by brennn /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Is it a generic code or an individual one?

I am a VIB, but I never get Sephora e-mails. I've e-mailed them multiple times & they always just say they've reset my e-mail & promotional messages should begin in ten days, but they never do! I don't want to miss out on this promo!
To use it online the code is generic-- enter CELEBRATE at checkout. However, it looks like you do need to show the card or email at the in store event.

I am a new VIB this year with a question. Is it really worth going into store for tote and 'new beauty' they mention? Or am I just as happy shopping from home?

(The invite is beautiful)

.. the code's not even working & they said it will be up 12 midnight EST. Fail -__-

Originally Posted by wishingwillow /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I am a new VIB this year with a question. Is it really worth going into store for tote and 'new beauty' they mention? Or am I just as happy shopping from home?

(The invite is beautiful)
 Stick with home.  The email seems to indicate you'll still get the tote, plus you'll have a wider selection and better chances that what you want is in stock.

Originally Posted by probabyl /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Stick with home.  The email seems to indicate you'll still get the tote, plus you'll have a wider selection and better chances that what you want is in stock.

I agree. The last VIB event that we went months ago, we went to two stores just to get a bag of freebies and umbrella, they all ran out. If getting to a store super early is your thing, you've got high chances of getting the tote. I might as well shop online because there are some pretty items that are available ONLINE only.

It's live!  Just placed my order :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />  I was sitting there, all ready with my cart, impatiently waiting.
Ha!  Me, too...

Whadda get?  I was pretty good (I think!).  I got the Boscia Black Mask set, the entire set of the Fresh lip glosses, small Amore Pacific cleanser, small Kate Somerville ExoliKate, and the Sephora UD Build Your Own Palette (I'll keep the shadow and sell the empty palette).

And...I made a second order for my fav Murad cleanser to get the ITKIT (Best in Show)... If they get my favorite Josie Maran lotion back in stock I'll get the first ITKIT too (Glow one).  I'm not interested in the third one for some reason...

Will still stop by my local store tomorrow while in town to see if they have any 100 pt perks worth picking up while they have the 20% off.  But nothing left other than some brush cleaner than I'm dying to have other than stock up on my Josie Maran body butter stuff.

Ooh, I love those Fresh glosses.  I adored the free birthday ones and took my mother's too, hehe.  I toyed with the idea of the Boscia black gel since I loved the sample I got last time I ordered, but with my recent Ulta/TJ Maxx trips, I have too much skin care already.
blush.gif

I went kinda value-kit crazy, lol.  I ended with the Pantone Shades of Nature palette,  the OCC Lip Tar gift set, the Bare Minerals RSVP set, the Sephora Glitz and Glam sampler,  the Betsey Johnson Too-too set with the clutch, and the Sephora mini glitter liners (I'm a sucker for glitter).  I also picked up another TokyoMilk balm (La Vie en Rose), but what I'm weirdly most excited for is the 21 Drops set.  I was hoping to try the brand from Birchbox but no luck.  And oddly, the set was exactly the 4 I wanted most.  Oh, and I cashed in my points to get the NARS set. 

I need to stop the beauty spending, but I keep eying Lippmann on Beauty.com's sale....

I agree, you don't need to attend the in store event unless you want to take advantage of the other things they have to offer like the 20% off for you AND a guest, the tote, and the makeup lessons. I have a straight up addiction to Sephora, so I will be attending the in store event to pick up some things I need to see in person first, then will probably order another order online before the 12th.
laughs.gif

Also, did any of you see the other promotions they have going for VIBs? They have about 3 other coupon codes you can use at checkout. If you go to your account and go to the beauty insider section and click on Learn about VIB, they have updated it to reflect the other offers they have.

Ooh, I love those Fresh glosses.  I adored the free birthday ones and took my mother's too, hehe.  I toyed with the idea of the Boscia black gel since I loved the sample I got last time I ordered, but with my recent Ulta/TJ Maxx trips, I have too much skin care already.
blush.gif

I went kinda value-kit crazy, lol.  I ended with the Pantone Shades of Nature palette,  the OCC Lip Tar gift set, the Bare Minerals RSVP set, the Sephora Glitz and Glam sampler,  the Betsey Johnson Too-too set with the clutch, and the Sephora mini glitter liners (I'm a sucker for glitter).  I also picked up another TokyoMilk balm (La Vie en Rose), but what I'm weirdly most excited for is the 21 Drops set.  I was hoping to try the brand from Birchbox but no luck.  And oddly, the set was exactly the 4 I wanted most.  Oh, and I cashed in my points to get the NARS set. 

I need to stop the beauty spending, but I keep eying Lippmann on Beauty.com's sale....
I too am addicted to those Fresh glosses! I put the mini set on my wish list this year. Also, I just purchased my first 2 Deborah Lippmann polishes last week because I had a coupon to Zappos for $15 off. Let me tell you.. I think that might have been a very bad thing. Her polishes are AMAZING! Long lasting and I swear my nails looked way healthier after removing the polish (that didn't even chip after 5 days btw). UGH I just wish they weren't so expensive.

Back